- Product Dimensions: 5.1 x 5.1 x 10.2 cm ; 13.6 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 40.8 g
- Item Model Number: 83100
- ASIN: B00150LT40
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 11 January 2018
- Customer Reviews: 8,519 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
16,371 in Beauty (See Top 100 in Beauty)
- #1217 in Nail Design Products
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Seche aim to provide high-quality, world-renowned products at an affordable cost. This Fast Dry Topcoat transforms a normal manicure into super glossy, gel-effect nails, without a trip to the salon! Brilliantly easy to remove with any nail polish remover. Guaranteed not to yellow. To use: Apply over coloured nails then leave to dry.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
Anyway, I digress, this time "topcoat" was Seche Vite Professional Top Coat and it did what it promised - dried my coloured varnish hard and itself hard and super shiny very quickly indeed. There was a hint of colour on the brush from the varnish it was put on top of - next time I may wait a little longer for the coloured varnish to dry a little longer. I applied two coats of Seche Vite. I even tried to dent my toe nail varnish with my thumb nail and could not - it was totally set hard.
I was not brave enough to use as directed - straight onto wet varnish.
I am looking down at my toe nails now - the varnish is stil unchipped after 8 days and my feet have been in and out of the sea and the sand has only v. v. vaguely dulled the high shine. In fact I am now wondering how easily all this will come off my nails!
UPDATE: I removed all polish after about 3 weeks. Because of natural nail growth, there was now a small gap between varnish and 'half moon' so with a finger nail I was able to lift off the Seche Vite like a skin off some of my toes, leaving the coloured varnish behind - in fact on a couple of toe nails the whole lot peeled away (not the nail obvs !) which was fine with me as my toe nails are healthy and strong and it just meant a quick swipe over with varnish remover, follwed by a soak and a drench of Gardeners Hand Therapy (GHT) - which is another awesome product for making nails (*) as tough as old boots. (* eventually - you will have to use it every single night until total nail growth has grown from bottom to top - so it is a long haul depending how quickly your nails grow - I used to have very thin finger nails and now they are very strong - I have been using GHT without fail every single night for 8yrs or so. Defo worth purchasing - it lasts for ages.)
You can paint this on your still wet nails without worrying it will shift the polish underneath, and it sets and begins to harden immediately. After about 10 minutes your nails will be completely dry and smudgeproof- it actually sets and hardens the layers of polish underneath so your nails are properly dry...not like the top coats that make your nails *seem* dry, but will smudge if you knock them- or mark from the sheets if you go to bed when you think its set but it isn't!
The finish is super glossy which I LOVE- it makes even the cheapest polish look really nice and almost gel-like. I find that my polish lasts longer and chips less. It works really well for setting nail art, as you can paint it over detailed designs to set them without fear of them smudging and spoiling the design. I have also found it to be the best top coat to use as an adhesive for holding gems or embellishments in place.
I would say that the only drawbacks with this top coat are that it has a very strong smell (which I personally don't mind, but someone who is very sensitive to smells might!) and it can thicken and get a bit gloopy as to you get towards the bottom of the bottle. These things are only minor however, and as this is such an excellent product I can easily overlook them!
Its best to paint on 'tacky' nail varnish I.e just painted and starting to air dry - so paint one hand with your final coat then top coat that hand - then move on to the next hand. It sort of moulds on to your nail varnish.
I've found doing it like this stops the peeling off that alot of other reviews comment on.
Also as important - as soon as it starts to dry go and run under cold water, it cures it to again stop the peeling off and keeps the amazing shine.
I've learnt this technique after spending an age doing nail art then using this only to have everything on my nail just peel off!!
Do the steps and the shine you get is amazing!!
1. This dries fast! Very shortly after applying it it will feel dry if touching it lightly with your finger. It also dried the layers of varnish underneath. Make sure to leave it 20-30 mins before doing anything much as it is deceptive, knock your nail before then and it will still smudge.
2. This does reasonably well as a topcoat for prolonging life of your nail varnish (as long as your nails aren't damaged).
3. It goes on quite thick (I think partly because of how fast it dries) which gives it a smooth glossy finish. Some people might not like that but I think it looked good.
1. This wrecked my nails, and I always use a base coat (not by Seche). After one week of wear I found that a nail had split so that a layer was peeling off from the tip of my nail upwards. After two weeks a second nail was splitting. After a month six were and I gave up. As more nails split, the nail varnish in general stuck to my nails worse and worse until I couldn't wear dark colours.
2. I read online that there are more toxic chemicals in Seche Vite than in many other brands. I think this must be required to make it dry fast and dry out the layers of varnish underneath. I would have been fine with it if it hadn't caused such obvious damage to my nails.
3. This isn't the best top coat for longevity. If like me you always wear nail varnish, longevity is key. This won't last a week. I typically found it lasted 1-5 days (depending on level of damage to my nails).
4. It has quite a strong chemical smell when applying, more so that other brands I use.
Overall, I won't be using this regularly. I was really impressed the first week but that changed quickly. If I were in a real bind and needed to paint my nails fast I might use it and remove it within a couple of days. I was recommended this by a friend who swears by it, but they must have stronger nails than me. If you need speed and have strong healthy nails then give it a go. If you have sensitive skin or weak nails, I would avoid it.
FYI- I did a bit of research and bought a new topcoat that contains less toxic chemicals along with the base coat by the same brand and my nails have started recovering :-) Now my vanish lasts better as well as the damage is slowly growing out. Phew!
My nail polish chipped off within 24 hours and took a top layer of nail with it!!
Gutted! Its quite thick so if you have nails that are prone to flaking (mine arent) forget this, it hangs onto the nail polish and your top layer of nail taking the whole lot with it, whereas normally my nail polish wears away at the tips, it NEVER chips off in chunks
Another thing I've noticed that when taking off old nail varnish it sometimes takes a while to get through the top coat and layers underneath before it actually comes off. One claim that it does live up to though is that your nails don't yellow with use, which was a fequent nail varnish bane before I found this. Maybe other people have had better luck than me, I don't know. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong in application and removal.
My manicures last 7-10 days and I work tills, computers and stock control with them! They take a good bashing before I experience any chipping. Also highly recommend their crystal base coat and thinner as you will notice it thickening 3/4’s down the pot but not really a problem as the thinner doesn’t affect its performance( never add NPRemover!!!, it is NOT the same!)
I find it best to touch my nail with a bead of top coat and the spread it over my nail. It really does dry quick even though it seems a thick layer. Sealing off the top coat by sweeping the brush along the edge of the nail tip really helps prevents chipping. Makes my nail polish last much longer. Only downside is the smell but nail polish doesn't smell great either. Highly recommend