Atari Flashback 8 Gold Console HDMI 120 Games 2 Wireless Controllers
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Two 2.4G wireless Controllers 720p HDMI output
- Multiple display modes
- Atari Flashback 8 Gold deluxe with 120 games
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 39.37 x 28.96 x 14.02 cm; 1.13 Kilograms
- Release date : 5 December 2017
- ASIN : B0779JXNV9
- Item Model Number : 242187
- Best Sellers Rank: 16,337 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
- Customer Reviews:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The allnew Atari Flashback 8 Gold features 120 builtin alltime favorites These games include legends like Activisions Pitfall! and Taitos Space Invaders as well as many other alltime Atari 2600 classics like Kaboom
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
- Small and lightweight, easy to carry around and store.
- 120 games in a beautifully laid out and functional menu system, using the original cartridge box artwork.
- HDMI connectivity, at 720p. Even though these games are nearly 40 years old, the video is crystal clear and the sound is great.
- The ability to pause, save/load games, and replay to get through tough spots in games are outstanding new features.
- Standard 2600 joystick controllers can be used, if you prefer them over the wireless ones.
- "Yar's Revenge" and "Pitfall" are worth the price of admission alone. YR is such a great game, and I've so many fond memories of playing it for hours on end. I'd never even heard of the included "Yar's Return", which expands on the original game's challenges is some very cool ways.
- "Space Invaders" isn't the original 2600 version, it the Taito arcade version. Awesome!
- Most importantly, the trip down memory lane is a wonderful thing to enjoy.
Here's some concerns I've read in various places, that perhaps I can help clear up:
- Can't pause or save games: Granted, for some reason this isn't included in the instructions, but I easily found out how to display that menu using a Google search. Simply pull back on the joystick and press select to access it.
- Screwdriver required to install batteries: The battery lid is held closed more securely with the single screw, which I actually prefer. If there wasn't one, I suspect the battery compartment could open accidentally during the rigors of play. Using a screw here was a great design decision.
- No batteries included: Batteries that come with almost all products that require them are low-quality, so I usually install fresh Duracells anyway.
- No HDMI cable included: Incorrect, it's even listed as being included on the outside of the box.
- Cheaply made: Seems fine to me, especially considering the price.
- Dead out of the box, quit after a few days, etc: Bad luck, which I sometimes have with all sorts of products. Just return anything defective and ask for a replacement.
- Joystick controllers are infrared, and require line of sight to the console: Incorrect, they are 2.4GHz wireless controllers.
- Paddle movement too tight: No worries, they "break in" with use in pretty short order.
- Joystick movement too loose: Definitely looser than the original controllers, but I always thought they were a bit tight.
- Joystick will not move left/right: As stated many times here already, you need to unplug the paddles if the game doesn't use them, then the joystick controllers will work just fine.
- "Missing" games like Pacman, etc: You really need to research the games provided before your purchase.
- Doesn't hold a candle to XBOX or PS4: Of course it doesn't. The original 2600 console and games were produced in the 80's. This is for retro gaming, and if you're not into that you obviously shouldn't be purchasing a console for that purpose.
For old-school Atari fans like me, the features of this plug and play unit are an awesome value.
* Note: I strive to write concise reviews with honest opinions to assist you as a potential buyer, and receive no monetary compensation for doing so. If you've found this information useful, I'd appreciate a click on the “Helpful” button below. Thanks!
The new console is smaller but works much the same. Each game gives instructions how to play and it and which type of controller to use to play it.
Fue una mágnífica compra. Venía con todos los cables necesarios y pudimos comenzar a jugar de inmediato.
Para los que ha comprado la consola y no se funciona el joystick, solo es cuestión de no tener conectados los pads.