Other Sellers on Amazon
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Bluegrass Banjo For Dummies Paperback – 10 April 2015
Enhance your purchase
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
From the Inside Flap
- Play bluegrass music and songs
- Find the best banjo and accessories
- Connect with bluegrass history and the major players
Pick like a pro with this great guide to bluegrass banjo
If the rippling sound of the banjo has grabbed a hold of you and just won't let go, you've come to just the right place to become a bona-fide bluegrass banjo player. Designed for both the total newbie as well as the experienced musician, this book gets you started the right way and takes your playing to new heights. With a fresh approach and plenty of step-by-step instruction, you'll soon be playing Scruggs-style traditional bluegrass, as well as today's progressive styles championed by players like Béla Fleck and Noam Pikelny.
- Bring it all back home explore the different kinds of bluegrass banjos available, select a banjo that's within your budget, and acquire essential gear to help you get started
- Hit the ground running find out how to get your banjo in tune, interpret chord diagrams and read tablature, and get started with strumming to chord progressions to popular songs
- Pick it solid discover comfortable hand positions for fretting and picking, put on your fingerpicks, and start playing
- Make it bluegrass add fretting-hand techniques and play songs in Scruggs, melodic, and single-string picking styles
- Play in a jam sound great playing with others using vamping techniques
- Setup essentials know your way around a banjo and keep it sounding its best
Visit Dummies.com to: Improve your skills by listening to and playing along with audio tracks and viewing videos demonstrating concepts and examples from the book.
Open the book and find:
- 40 classic bluegrass songs in Scruggs, melodic, and single-string styles
- 129 downloadable audio examples and 37 online videos
- How to locate chords up and down the neck of your banjo and use them to accompany others in a jam
- How to play great tunes in a single-string style
- Guidance on choosing and changing strings
- Banjo players you need to know and ten strategies to make you a better player
- Publisher : For Dummies; 1st edition (10 April 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119004306
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119004301
- Dimensions : 18.54 x 2.29 x 23.37 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 65,235 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: