- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
Bose Frames Audio Sunglasses, Alto (M/L)
- Sunglasses with built in Bose speakers that produce rich, immersive sound for you, while others hear practically nothing
- Open ear audio allows you to stay aware of your surroundings, while enjoying your music
- Angular lenses ; Lens width: 52 mm ; Bridge width: 18 mm ; Temple length: 162 mm
- Integrated microphone for clear calls and access to your phone’s virtual assistant
- Block up to 99% of UVA/UVB rays with uniformly tinted lenses
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Meet Bose Frames, the first audio sunglasses from Bose. Miniaturized Bose speakers hidden in the temples produce rich, immersive sound for you, while others hear practically nothing. It’s a revolutionary open ear audio experience that leaves you free to hear the world around you, all while discreetly listening to music. Choose from two timeless styles enriched with premium accents and materials, like gold plated hinges. Alto offers a classic angular look in a larger size, while Rondo is more distinct with rounded lenses and a smaller fit. Bose Frames include a seamlessly integrated microphone for taking calls and accessing your phone’s virtual assistant. They block up to 99% of UVA/UVB rays. And they’re easy to use. Bluetooth connectivity provides hassle free pairing. Plus, the Bose Connect app gives you the ability to personalize settings, access future updates, and more. Every pair of Bose Frames is Bose AR enabled and ready to utilize the new technology when it’s available. Bose AR is an innovative audio only take on augmented reality that uses sound instead of sight to relay information about your world.
From the manufacturer
Bose Frames audio sunglasses
Sunglasses. With a soundtrack.
Meet Bose Frames, the first audio sunglasses from Bose. Miniaturised Bose speakers — hidden in the temples — produce rich, immersive sound for you, while others hear practically nothing. It’s a revolutionary personal audio experience embedded in a classic design.
Premium materials. Premium comfort.
Metal hinges. Nylon rims. Lenses that won’t easily scratch or shatter. For a wearable to be worth wearing, it needs to look right, feel right, and survive life on the go. That’s why Bose Frames are meticulously moulded for comfort and built to last.
Love your look.
From Rose Gold & Blue Gradient to Mirrored Silver, choose the look that best fits you with the Bose Frames Lens Collection. Featuring a selection of limited-edition colors—each sold separately—these replacement lenses are easy to interchange for a look that’s all your own. Each pair blocks up to 99% of UVA/UVB rays — with polarized options available. And they’re forged from premium materials to ensure they won’t easily scratch or shatter.
One app. Complete control.
The Bose Connect app gives you easy access to everything your product has to offer. Get tips, personalise settings and unlock new features, through simple software updates.
Do Bose Frames have UVA/B protection?
Yes. Bose Frames are 99% UVA/UVB protected.
Can I use Bose Frames to make phone calls?
Yes. A call can be answered and ended by pressing the multi-function button.
How many devices can pair with Bose Frames at once?
Bose Frames keep track of the last eight devices to have paired and connected with them, dropping the least recently used when a new one is paired.
Are Bose Frames polarised?
No. Polarised lenses can be purchased seperately.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have a pair of prescription lens I have added for office use, they make great reading glasses and doubling up as a Bluetooth headset for conference calls. Just make sure you are not seated close to someone as there is some sound leakage. I will either need a second set to avoid swapping lenses or decide which is the better use. Battery life is acceptable, the proprietary charging cable is a downer and really should be a common standard. If the use case suits you, recommended.
The Bluetooth connection is almost faultless and hassle-free and the little gold button makes the functions very easy to use. Flicking to the next track or taking a call is dead easy and better than fiddling with the functions on a typical earphone. With the right podcast there's the pleasantly intimate feeling of being part of the conversation because the sound is not 'in your ear' intrusive.
A software update means you can now also adjust the volume using the button.
The look is a little ordinary but perfectly acceptable and most people won't notice anything unusual about your glasses while you have them on (it's more obvious when you have them off).
I like the charging cable. The magnetic connection is very quick and easy and less fiddly than plugging in a cable.
I use them for the train, walking or when working in the garden and I use them almost every day. That makes them very good value for money.
The M/L size is huge and doesn’t fit well at all.
Top international reviews
I opted for the Alto which come up quite large. Perfect for my large head but my wife can't wear them. She has asked for a pair of the smaller Rondo frames though.
All in all, really happy with my purchase.
+ Sound quality - surprisingly good - comparable to other Bose products (balanced sound - if you expect “over” bass, you are at wrong address with bose)
+ Design - fits well, looks decent, suitable for almost any ocassion
+ Replaceable lenses - easy replacement
+ Custom original lenses available: mirror polarised lenses and blue gradient lenses. Unfortunately, it seems, it is not possible to purchase the original grey leses, that came with the frames - in my view, the best of them (I do have all 3 types).
+ Prescription lenses - please ask your optician to watch the youtube replacement video (https://youtu.be/f5uc7BnbPTI) before replacing (not to heat the frames)
- Poor battery life (about 2,5 hours listnening to music/podcasts/talking on the phone)
- Long charging time (about 3 hours) - yes, it is longer, than battery life... btw: most power banks turn off after few minutes of charging, while they do not recognise a device connected to it, so Bose advise to use a wall changer or computer to charge. They do reccomend to use 1A charger (niether the 2,1A, nor stronger).
- Calls in noisy (or windy) environment are hardly possible - actually, I am not sure, if this is minus - it simply corresponds with product design
Space for improvement:
> Some kind of “charging case” would definitely help to improve the experience (long charging time/poor battery life)
> I understand, that “rough edges” are part of the specific product design, I like the “industrial” style of the product, however the “close to ear” part could be a little bit less sharp - more curved
> Buttons - I am not 100% sure, but maybe adding volume (+/-) buttons on the opposite (left) temple to action button could be useful.
> Support for the product - it looks like Bose itself doesn’t trust the product:
- it’s almost impossible to find and get the (proprietary) charging cable replacement, or case replacement (Bose allways direct you at the support line).
- instructions how to replace the lenses (and regarding prescription lenses) came 5 months after the official launch of the product - at first in the user discussion forum on the bose site.
I am using Bose Frames connected to iOS (iPhone), I have not tested any of the VR features. I thought about trying the golf (Golfshot) app, but it doesn’t have too much sense, while the frames battery withstands nine holes only.
Calling while driving is not so clear,I must say.
Kudos to Bose.
However, as Sunglasses these feel like the cheap throw-away glasses one purchases on holiday from a chap walking along the promenade because one forgot to pack his or her usual sunglasses.
I don't know why Bose has used this cheap plastic, maybe to reduce the weight of the glasses? I have passed the glasses around between 4 different people and all have the same complaints - look and feel cheap, bad fit slides off the nose.
Bose need to talk to Ray Bans etc and come up with Sunglasses that are as sunglasses alone of passable quality, and then think about adding the microphone and speakers.
Nachlese: Ich habe mir inzwischen beim Optiker Normalgläser mit meinen Werten für die Brille machen lassen zum Austausch mit den Sonnen"gläsern". Die Brille verträgt es und ich auch. Ich bin sehr zufrieden!
Somit ist keine Langzeiterfahrung möglich.
- die Idee finde ich absolut klasse! Wobei ich das Ganze schon vor ca. 6-7 Jahren von B-Speech in ähnlicher Form kannte. Es war eine Bluetooth FSP in Sonnenbrille.
- Der Sound ist sehr gut, ich konnte mir das Ganze nicht 100% einleuchtend vom logischen vorstellen, wie es funktionieren soll, so dass sich mein Gegenüber nicht gestört fühlt (siehe negativer Aspekt)
- Tragekonfort ist auch ziemlich gut.
- Man kann die Gläser anpassen und auf sein jeweiliges Design wechseln (ca. 30 Euro).
- Nettes Schutzcase
- leider wie von mir infrage gestellt, hören andere Menschen im Raum letztlich schon mit! Außer man schaltet das Ganze schon extreme leise. Die Werbeaussage: "Sonnenbrille mit integrierten Bose Lautsprechern für einen kraftvollen Klang, der Sie umgibt, ohne dass Ihre Mitmenschen davon gestört werden" trifft leider bei meiner gelieferten Brill nicht zu.
- ich finde die Brille doch ein wenig globig.
- Preis finde ich doch ein wenig hoch für das Produkt in der Form.
Ich habe die Bose Sound Sport Free, und finde das Ladecase absolut genial dazu. Das Case dient letztlich als Powerbank und ist ziemlich genial. In der Preisklasse würde so etwas die Ganze Geschichte ziemlich abrunden.
Ich finde die Idee Klasse, Umsetzung durchaus gelungen und finde auf Grund des nicht eingehaltenen Werbeversprechens gute 3 Sterne im Gesamten als angemessen und behalte die Brille wohl auch.
Allerdings Leuten, die das Ganze in ruhiger Umgebung nutzen wollen bzw. niemand stören wollen, würde ich davon abraten.
- battery life, advertised 2-3 hours, depending on volume
- volume: while the sound is clean (at least for the podcasts I listen) they can get easily overtaken by the normal street noise or merely the wind noise, while biking.
- no bass whatsoever
What I liked less:
- proprietary charger
- general bulkiness
- the sunglasses are only slightly tinted: on one hand that makes them more useful while inside, on the other I need my sunglasses to be much darker.
In the end I had to return my pair. I could live with all the above issues that I knew beforehand (most of them anyways), unfortunately they didn't fit well, I had to constantly adjust them on my face. I strongly advise anyone interested in these to try them first in a bose store if one available in your area.
Also a little suggestion for bose here: make them adjustable or at least provide more size options, please. The same for lenses color/tint levels.
The glasses themselves look okay considering what you're getting but the sound quality is nowhere near as good as described online and more inline with what you would expect....like holding a set of small earphones away from your ear. Very disappointed and returned immediately.