- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Braun Silk-expert Epilator IPL BD 3001 with Razor
- Clinically tested IPL for permanent visible hair removal. Permanent hair reduction in just 3 months* *Assessed on lower legs, armpits & bikini, following the treatment schedule. Individual results may vary.
- The only IPL with SensoAdapt technology for a safe and effective treatment
- Treat a lower leg in just 10 minutes
- Gentle mode for IPL beginners or sensitive areas
- Includes Gillette Venus Original razor
There is a newer version of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Braun Silk-expert 3 IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Hair Removal System – BD 3001 is safe and effective for permanent visible hair removal. Permanent hair reduction in just 3 months* *Assessed on lower legs, armpits & bikini, following the treatment schedule. Individual results may vary.
From the manufacturer
Braun Silk-expert 3 – The smart choice
Braun’s Silk-expert IPL is the only IPL device with a SensoAdapt skin tone sensor. This sensor continuously reads your skin tone while the device is in use (80x per second), and automatically adapts the light intensity to the best energy setting for your skin. This ensures a safe and effective treatment and removes the need to match your skin tone against complicated colour matching charts other devices require.
First time users can select the gentle mode which uses a low light intensity. It is also ideal when treating sensitive areas such as the bikini line or under arms.
7 reasons to IPL at home with Silk-expert
1. Using Silk-expert IPL results in permanent visible hair removal in as little as 4 weeks.
2. Clinically tested, treatments are gentle and virtually painless.
3. Braun’s exclusive SensoAdapt technology tailors the IPL treatment specifically to your skin tone.
4. Silk-expert is a fast IPL technology. A lower leg can be treated in 10 minutes!
5. It uses the same principles as professional salon IPL treatments, all in the comfort of your own home.
6. Compared to professional laser or wax treatments, Silk-expert IPL is a cost effective home hair removal method.
7. The IPL device is corded for uninterrupted treatments with maximum power.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I am Asian with light skin and dark hair. it works perfectly on my skin. Of course, I mainly use it on my legs and underarms. About 6- 7 times later the hair grows very slow and much much less.
I love it!
I’m sad to report that after 1 professional IPL session I’ve had a better result than using this product
Top international reviews
+ Hairs actually WORSE after 3 weeks - 3 uses as needed to shave before use, so my years of mildly soft hair after using shaving creams, is now bristly and seems to be growing faster! Bought for upper lip hair, but no way I want to use a razor there first. Unhelpful customer service to return via Channel Islands.
I have regular skin with mid/dark brown hair, should have been perfect for me with maximum benefit.
It is comfortable to use. I bought some protective glasses to use with it, but honestly I don't think you need them. I have stopped using the glasses now.
It takes a little time to treat an area. 11 minutes for the bikini line for example, but the results are so worth it.
Even with my fair skin I didn't get any of the redness that the instructions warn you can get the first time using it.
IPL is a long-term strategy for removing hair, which depends on many factors including both hair and Skin tone as well as hair thickness etc. You may not start to see any real results for up to 12 weeks, although I do know family members that have seen results much sooner (dark hair, pale skin!)
Having taken another reviewer’s advice, I would suggest it to you too, have a google and watch some instructions videos before the first use to help make it go. Overall it was easy to use, painless and quicker than I had expected. A great product so far.
So much for the static qualities. As far as use and effectiveness goes -like most such products, it's variable. Certainly more effective on pale skin with darker hair, and though this isn't a static requirement, if you have a skin tone or hair colour that is less likely to suit (or one it is known not to work on), then this drops away. It's also important to manage expectations too. Does it work? To a point, yes, but it's not a miracle product & if you're expecting instant results, or absolute perfection of any kind you'll almost certainly be disappointed. For best results you have to use regularly for a relatively extended period (several months).
We have been using for a few months now on under arms, legs and bikini area and so far are very impressed with the results. It comes with a bonus razor to shave the areas for treatment before use.
The unit is easy to use the instructions are clear and precise as to the usage of the device on various skin types.
After the couple of months of use only a few random hairs have returned and so will continue to use to get rid of them completely.
If you want to try a permanent hair removal system this is a reasonably affordable version to use compared to some of the more expensive versions out there and does just as good a job.
- easy to use and appears to reduce hair regrowth which is what it promises
- small laser so difficult to thoroughly use it on larger areas - time-consuming
- can get hot so using on bikini like wasn't especially comfortable (although undoubtedly easier than waxing!)
I am not convinced by the safety and sense of these products though. An infrared laser pulsing against your skin in sensitive places, next to glands and nodes and organs...it made me feel a bit anxious. The literature that comes with this is however reasonably reassuring.
The effort and cost involved might be justifiably balanced by the longer-term hair reduction results, particularly if you have dark body hair that makes you uncomfortable or inconvenienced. For me it's a 50/50 situation, hence the 3 stars.