The Developing Mind, Third Edition: How Relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
This highly influential work - now in a revised and expanded third edition incorporating major advances in the field - gives clinicians, educators, and students a new understanding of what the mind is, how it grows, and how to promote healthy development and resilience.
Daniel J. Siegel synthesizes cutting-edge research from multiple disciplines, revealing the ways in which neural processes are fundamentally shaped by interpersonal relationships throughout life. And even when early experiences are not optimal, building deeper connections to other people and to one's own internal experience remains a powerful resource for growth. Professors praise the book’s utility in courses from developmental psychology and child development to neuroscience and counseling.
New to This Edition
- Incorporates findings from a huge body of recent research; over 1,000 citations added.
- Revisits and refines the core hypotheses of interpersonal neurobiology.
- Chapter on the experience of belonging and the development of identity.
- New or expanded discussions of behavioral epigenetics, the default mode network of the brain, social neuroscience, cultural and gender issues, theory of mind, the Wheel of Awareness contemplative practice, the science of consciousness, and more.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||31 hours and 40 minutes|
|Author||Daniel J. Siegel M.D.|
|Whispersync for Voice||Ready|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||19 May 2020|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 4,362 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
2 in Child Psychiatry
11 in Developmental Psychology (Books)
17 in Child Psychology (Audible Books & Originals)
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Practice not as promised much more theory.
Too much repetition and few practice in 500 pages.
Hard to read. Very few graphics and too much writing
Rigid. No recommended from this point of view.
This book deserves much more explanation by schemes and graphics