|Product Dimensions||14.99 x 12.7 x 4.83 cm; 521.63 Grams|
|Item Weight||522 g|
smkf Coffee Distributor/Leveler Tool-New 3 Leaf Clover Base Palm Tampers Coffee Leveler Macaroon Tamper Proof for Espresso Coffee Grounds - 58mm (red)
- HIGH QUALITY-Anti-slip design for hand use. Handle material is high quality aluminium alloy, base use 304 stainless steel
- EASY OPERATION-Low profile makes it easier for a barista to tamp with straight arm at 90 degrees to the counter
- STANDARD PRESS-Evenly redistributes coffee grounds.Provide a larger flat surface area for the barista to apply an even tamping pressure using the palm of the hand which helps with control and consistency
- HEIGHT ADJESTABLE-Height is adjustable via its screw mechanism (no shims, grub screws or allen keys required) to suit different doses or baskets
- Top dia. is 6.4CM. Base dia is 5.8CM.Weignt,522.6g
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Espresso Tamping is an art that is often neglected in espresso preparation.
The goal is to create a pellet of coffee through which the hot water from the espresso machine will penetrate evenly.
Since the water from the espresso machine is under pressure, the espresso pellet must be hard and evenly tamped.
The water only knows how to go from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure.
Therefore it is important to prevent paths of least resistance in the coffee pellet and force the water to evenly permeate and extract the coffee.
Used either in conjunction with a dobboco tampresso (flat tamper) or with any other 58mm tamper,
SMKF distressso tool helps baristas of all levels in pursuit of consistent espresso perfection.
This height is adjustable, suit different baskets, so we wish from our products, you can enjoy your coffee time.
Choose us, Choose SMKF!
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
Update: I've been using this a while now, and think its very beneficial. However trying to adjust it after its been used for a while is next to impossible. I guess the mechanism tightens on itself over time, so after a few weeks, trying to undo the top part to allow adjustment of the depth seems impossible, with it being overtightened. I had to get vice grips the first time round, and sadly that marred the finish a little (even though I used a protector between the grips and the leveler). The second time it jammed, I was able to get it undone using one of those bottle openers, for really hard to undo bottles. Other than that, still happy with it. Just knocking a star off for the difficulties.
I will be getting a naked portafilter soon and should be able to better judge how my espresso extractions are coming out. But I expect they should be fine. I'll update the review if necessary :)