- Boxed-product Weight: 90.7 g
- ASIN: B07XRQQ5L5
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 11 September 2019
- Customer Reviews: 638 customer ratings
2 Doubletail Betta Wood Logs, Nutritious Treat for Freshwater Fish, Mimics Native Blackwater Environment, Provide Hiding Space for Fry, Pair of 6” Cholla Wood, Attractive, Functional Aquarium
|Price:||+ $7.85 Delivery|
- ✔ PROVIDE NUTRIENTS ESSENTIAL TO BETTA DIET --- The Siamese Fighting fish, popularly known as the betta fish require a nutritious, well-balanced diet with plenty of fiber for proper digestion. The two wood logs by SunGrow is an excellent source of fiber to help keep your pet fish happy and healthy. By placing a piece of this wood in your aquarium, not only are you providing your betta with the fibrous matter, but you’ll also be creating a space where delicious food can grow for them to eat.
- ✔ PROVIDE BENEFICIAL TEAWATER TO YOUR BETTA --- Similar to catappa or Indian almond leaves, SunGrow Betta Wood release beneficial elements into the aquarium water. As the two wood pieces begin to soften, they release helpful particles that help protect your fish against avoidable malady. Over time, the betta wood will fully break down and help with the plant growth.
- ✔ RECREATE BETTA’S NATIVE ENVIRONMENT --- In the wild, betta fish can live in freshwater or brackish waters and are highly adaptable to wide ranges of temperature and water quality. This gourami family fish like hiding place and darker spaces to hang out during the day. The two 6” x 1” pieces of wood from SunGrow provide just the right cover for your fish.
- ✔ ATTRACTIVE, RUSTIC AQUARIUM DECORATION --- Aside from all of the practical benefits of the SunGrow Betta Wood, they also add rustic beauty to your aquascape. The wood for Betta splendens can be placed on its own inside your tank to show off its visually interesting porous structure and soft texture. They can also be used as functional, attractive aquatic plant bases for anubias, java fern, and other aquatic mosses.
- ✔ SUITABLE FOR NUMEROUS SPECIES OF FISH --- Although the two SunGrow Betta Wood pieces are extra special for these tropical betta fish, they are also highly advantageous to other species of aquatic and land pets. Hermit crabs love to crawl atop this driftwood while betta fish enjoy swimming through the hollow center. The food that grows on this wood is a great food source for shrimp.
Pattern Name: Betta Wood Log ( 2-Pack )
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
What is SunGrow wood for betta?
Despite its name, this driftwood for bettas is actually the dried husk of the cholla cactus. The product that you’ll receive will be smooth with no thorns, sustainable and raw. The pack of betta wood from SunGrow contains two pieces that are 6” long and 1” in diameter with hollow centers. Betta and other top and medium-dwelling fish love to hide and forage among the plants and dark spaces of their aquarium.
How do you prepare the betta wood?
When your two-pack of SunGrow Doubletail Betta Wood arrives, remove it from its packaging and begin to boil water on your stovetop. Place the two wood logs into the boiling water and let it boil for approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove the wood from the water and allow it to cool. A post-boil soak in freshwater is a recommended step. Before placing the wood in your aquarium, give them a quick rinse, even after boiling or soaking. When added directly to an aquarium, the betta wood will float. To sink cholla wood immediately, soak for 24 to 48 hours and it’ll sink.
Why are betta fish important to an underwater environment?
The Siamese Fighting Fish from the Osphronemidae family are able to withstand a range of temperatures and water quality, making them great tank mates with several different community fish species. As per PETA, it is a misconception that these fish love solitary confinement. Hence, for their proper upkeep, you may add one betta fish in the community tank. Male betta can be very territorial towards another male betta, so it is best to only keep one of these in each tank. They are good-natured and low maintenance - a great species for beginner aquarists.
Customers who bought this item also bought
|5 star 61% (61%)||61%|
|4 star 14% (14%)||14%|
|3 star 8% (8%)||8%|
|2 star 5% (5%)||5%|
|1 star 11% (11%)||11%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
I have cherry shrimps and Amano shrimps, and they loved, they seem to be hypnotized by the cholla wood.
Now I was expecting a little bit big cavities inside the wood to let the cherry shrimps hide.
Boiled them and waiting for 24/48 hrs soaking. Would give a strong scrubbing for sure but doubt they may survive the scrubbing. I wish I could get partial money back. Definitely not worth $11/$12 bucks!!
They're still a bit light and are apt to move around a bit but they look good and I'm hoping my Coco or Christmas moss find them!!