- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Dremel F0137020JA 7020-PGK Pet Nail Grinder, Quiet Electric Dog Nail File Care Set with 4 Sanding Discs, Safe Alternative to Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmers
- Safe: This electric nail file for dogs offers a safe, effective alternative to using clippers by gradually sanding the nail at a 45 Degree angle to prevent bleeding from cutting the nail too short
- Stress-free: Motor runs quietly to avoid startling and variable speed settings let you carefully grind the nails of your dog in stages for comfortably trimming dog nails in a harmless manner
- Home comfort: The lightweight, cordless design of this battery-operated dog nail trimmer allows for use anywhere your dog is most comfortable, even on its own dog bed at home
- Clean and easy to use: The safety guard on top covers all rotating parts which helps prevent fur being caught and captures nail dust providing comfortable, safe and mess-free dog nail grooming
- Dremel pet nail kit includes: 1 x Dremel 7020 pet nail grooming tool, 1 x EZ SpeedClic Mandrel, 4 x Interchangeable EZ SpeedClic sanding disc
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Cutting dogs nails is an important part of dog grooming. The Dremel 7020 tool is a dog nail grinder that allows you to gently and easily trim your pets' nails at home, where they are most comfortable. By gradually sanding the nail at a 45-degree angle, you are in full control while trimming your pet's nails. It will help you to prevent bleeding from cutting the nail too short, making the process safer and smoother than with nail clippers. The quiet motor makes the nail trimming experience for your pet stress-free. The safety guard on the top of the tool covers all rotating parts. This prevents your dog's hair to get caught in the rotation, making the cutting experience comfortable for the both of you. The transparent paw guide captures the nail dust, keeping the environment clean. Start nail grooming with the Dremel 7020 PGK for safe dog nail care. Also suitable for cats.
From the manufacturer
Fast, easy, and safe
Grooming your pet's nails should be an enjoyable experience for you and your pet! The Dremel 45-degree Paw Guide trims your pet's nails at the optimal angle which avoids pain to your pet’s nail nerve. It’s fully cordless so you can get professional nail grooming results from the comfort of your couch.
Easy to use with animals
The Pet Grooming Kit has been specifically designed with your pet in mind. This is the most quiet rotary tool in our range to maximise ease of use with animals. Let your dog familiarise themselves with the tool, and reward them for doing so.
Compatible with other Dremel Rotary Accessories
The nail guard attachment is compatible with our existing range. Likewise, you can use our other accessories with this tool for light applications such as engraving, polishing, or sanding.
Better than nail clippers
The Pet Grooming Kit allows for a gradual and controlled trimming of your pet’s nails unlike clippers, which cause unwanted discomfort as they apply pressure and pinch the nail. This tool gives a smooth finish.
- Battery volt: 6V
- Battery technology: 4 x AA
- No load speed: 7000 / 18000 rpm
- Weight: 270 g
- Length: 20 cm
Dremel 7020-PGK Cordless Pet Grooming Kit
Cutting dogs nails is an important part of dog grooming. The Dremel 7020 tool is a dog nail grinder that allows you to gently and easily trim your pet's nails at home, where they are most comfortable. By gradually sanding the nail, you are in full control while trimming your pet's nails. It will prevent bleeding from cutting the nail too short. Also suitable for cats (or even your own nails).
1. Nail guard covers all rotating parts for safe use
2. Use everywhere, operates on 4 x AA batteries
3. Smooth finish with no risk of cutting too deep with clear paw guide
4. The nail dust guard allows for limited mess
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
OK, I was excited to get this little angle grinder and give it a test run. I have 2 dogs:
DOG ONE: Ex show dog, totally behaves herself when you bathe her, groom her, she loves being pampered, no problems when trimming her claws with a traditional dog nailclipper
DOG TWO: Baby of the family, hates baths, hates being clipped, especially hates nail being clipped.
Back to the product. Product arrived, a bit smaller than I expected (I expected it to be the size of a renovator tool), which is good. Manual is about 1.5CM thick, for over 40 languages, so forget that, let's put some batteries (not included) in and wing it.
The device comes with a little sanding disc (additional discs provided), about 1 inch in diameter. It spins safely within a little plastic shield (the Nail Guard), where you can safely insert the tip of the claw through an opening to be 'sanded' down by the disc. The nail guard can be adjusted to multiple heights, so that you don't take too much off the claw. Neat. Without the nail guard, this thing is like a mini angle grinder and will probably cause severe papercuts. So DO NOT use it without the nail guard.
It has 2 speeds, slow and fast. I can't imagine why anyone would want a slow speed, the faster it spins, the quicker it'll get the job done, the less shaking/vibration on the claw. Has a high pitch whirring, higher on the faster speed of course.
Here's my results:
DOG ONE: She hated it. For a dog who loved to be groomed, she high pitched whirring, and the strange vibrations transferred to her claw unsettled her. She was still a good girl, but she couldn't wait to be released soon enough.
DOG TWO: Acceptable. Which totally surprised me. Not that he lay peacefully for me to gently clip his claws, just that this time he didn't struggle, arch his back, try to headbutt me, kick his legs, like he usually did when we tried to clip his claws.
- Great alternative for my dogs. The experience is easy, you just bring the dog's claws, and stick it through the hole in the nail guard to be ground down, as if you are putting carrots into a juicer. Sorry I can't think of a better analogy.
- Less skill required. Clipping a dog's claws is a bit of an artform. You got to get it through the hole of the clipper, take of a bit at a time, make sure you don't get too close to the bits that are 'live'. With this it's just insert, sand, remove. Repeat.
- CLAWDUST: Sure, the nail guard is also meant to keep the 'clawdust' (see my pun on sawdust?) in, but rest assured it will spill out. So either do this out doors, or indoors and have a vacuum ready, don't do it on the carpet.
- Essence of Claw: I never thought I'd say this, but the clawdust had a smell to it. It wasn't pleasant or pungent, but just be prepared to inhale some claw for the first time ever. Interesting experience, maybe a quarter step towards snorting cocaine.
- FULLY CURVED CLAWS: If your dog has a very curved claw (read: dew claw that has curved into a doughnut), this dremel won't be able to solve it. You're better off grabbing your usual nailclipper, and going deep and clipping it off traditionally.
It does what it advertises to do. However, because of unavoidable issues like the vibration being transferred to the claw, and the high pitched whirring, your dog may not like it. If your dog does not like having its claws clipped the traditional way, if he/she has to be sedated to trim claws, if you would like to try something else, and have cash to spare, give this a go. Best case scenario, it'll make your grooming sessions a lot less stressful for the dog, saving time and effort. Worst case scenario the opposite happens and you have tiny little sander for finishing miniature carpentry furniture for your dollhouse.
If you have found my review useful, please click the 'Helpful' button below. Happy to answer any questions/comments as best I can.
Saw a pretty helpful video on youtube about positions to hold your dog when doing this. But my dog seems to be pretty happy to just lay down on the ground and leave me to it as long as I deliver the treats afterwards
Top international reviews
Zu Hund 1: Unser Sensibelchen hat aufgeschrien vor Panik, als der brummende Dremel die Kralle berührte. Scheint sich nicht ganz so toll anzufühlen und das dabei entstehende Geräusch (quietschend) war wohl auch etwas unangenehm.
Zu Hund 2: (Nur als Test, da Krallenschneiden bei ihr nicht nötig) Unsere Hündin war auch nicht sonderlich begeistert, obwohl sie sonst echt schmerzfrei ist. Sie hätte es aber sicher überlebt, wohingegen der Rüde sicher einen Herzstillstand erlitten hätte...;)
Für Hunde „Typ trampeliger Labrador“ sicher geeignet, für Schisser nur bedingt zu empfehlen.
Wenn die Bewertung für Sie hilfreich war, freue ich mich über ein Feedback
Works well and almost impossible to over trim them, You do have to hold the nail firmly to cut down on the vibration. Then the dog feels very little. You must only do each nail for a few seconds otherwise they get hot. Go round each nail once and then once more.
Krallenschneiden = Katastrophe, mir fehlte immer der 3. Arm. Der Tierarzt konnte auch nur 1 - 2 mm abschneiden, mehr ging nicht.
Lange gesucht und mich für den Dremel entschieden.
Beide Hunde geclickert (der Rüde hat normale Krallen, aber wenn Gewöhnung, dann beide)
Beide finden den Dremel klasse, abends auf der Couch mal fix Dremeln (nicht jeden Tag, logisch)
Ich kann es auch nicht nachvollziehen, warum der Dremel laut sein soll. Klar macht er Geräusche - aber laut???? Nööö.
Batteriewechsel auch einfach, obwohl vorher als kompliziert beschrieben.
Fazit: Absolut empfehlenswert
Good product does the job for my dogs who are small. The noise levels are not too loud and my dogs take no notice.
I would say overall great for home nail clipping.
One thing does not work for me and that’s the see through plastic shied, this is no good whatsoever for small dog paws, as I’m fairly experienced I take the guide off and use without, which works for me!
Also I seemed to think that this was either mains or rechargeable but it is in fact battery so obviously you will need to keep replacing.
It is obviously easier if you can cut the dogs nails first and then use this to finish off and also I find it more difficult for the back and definitely not for the dew claws on the front inside of the dogs feet.
Overall for me and experienced user it’s good.
Service was good from seller with prompt delivery which was impressive during current lockdown.
My dogs nails would not reach at setting 2 and 3. Setting 1 is great but it is very close to sand paper and rubs on plastic a bit.
It achieves the objective within second I’m super pleased for my dogs comfort.