To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
Decent game, especially for the price, but it has a maddeningly long download time and updates frequently, often leading to a wait time of an hour or more for an update before the game will launch, if you haven't played in awhile.
I have fallen in love with ESO. I suspect you can enjoy it on any level, from casual gamer to hard-core MMO player. You can drop in for a few minutes or several hours. If you want PvE its there. PVP sure. Solo player, check. Want to play in groups and join guilds, check. Most of the quests are relatively short, perfect for popping on, run a quest or two and leave, or string a series of quests together over the course of hours. I haven't gotten a sense of being a part of an over-arching storyline yet, but then it's hard to have a beginning-middle-end to an online game that expects to continue for years. A nice touch is that any quest you have in your log book indicates the level of the quest, so if you walk into a quest and have your head handed to you on a platter in your first fight, you probably didn't look to see that the quest level is 5 or 10 levels above your current level.
The one minor nit I have to pick is that you don't get any Exp for completing a quest. You get some gold and perhaps a nice piece of armor or a weapon, but no Exp. Exp is gained only by killing mobs. So if you stealth your way through a quest, no Exp. Not sure I agree with that decision by the designers. Otherwise, a fun way to spend some time.
Bought it used. Game requires additional purchase even after installed by the disc. Maybe new ones come with a code. Not sure. But it’s listed as if it’s ready to install and play. Not true. May as well just buy it online.
This is the hardest download of any software I've ever purchased Created account and got account verification email. Day 1 = Can't get disks to load. The RPM on my DVDRW fluctuates when the disk isn't preforming correctly Day 1 (Later that day) Finally got all 4 to load but the patch update crashes my PC on game page.
Day 2 = Forums solution followed; Reload disks and turn off fire wall & Anti Virus = Success I now have the game page up but it needed to go through (Repair)
Now I can't get in to the game or account (Access Denied) message Seems you need to clean cookies to reload age checker,Once the cookies are deleted simply retype your B-Date in. Success I've got back into my account but the game doesn't recognize my password. So I'm stuck and burned out. I will figure this out but it will be later (Will update)
(Update) I knew I didn't enter in the games unique proof of purchase code but I didn't see where it suppose to go in. Aaahaaaaa, you have to redeem the code in your account to active the game. 1 step closer, now go to you email and retrieve the unique access code. After you log into the game it you need to have the access code to plug in. Once that's done your in.
Once playing the game seems to be a blend of Oblivion and Skyrim. Oblivion characters and Skyrim graphics, just not quite a good. 1st day and all but it seems a little helter skelter with figures running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Well its off to test my skills.
Update: I'm hooked on this game Lots of the game has changed and am now trying to figure out some of the crafting of potions, weapon & armour . So much to learn, so may quest and places to travel to.
Update; Am now a V5 and am having a ball. I still have so much to accomplish in crafting. Its a slow grind at 1st but now I'm a master alchemist and working on the other crafting modes. Love the inadvisability potion to sneak by enemies.
This is an excellent game. I am not a gamer by any means, but I have so much fun playing this game. You decide how and what to do. I like that you can shape your character and play with others. It's quite addicting and for good reason. Beautiful graphics and great story lines make for a fun little at home retreat. Cannot recommend this game enough.
Bought for my friend who just now got in the game. I have been playing this since release in April 2014. The game had many issues at release but what MMO doesn't. The game is now exactly where it should be and always being updated every 2 months with new content. Great things will be coming in 2016!
According to Bethesda support, the activation code only works for pre-order software for this game. If you want the "Explorer's Pack," you're out of luck unless you want to buy it again separately through Bethesda. Two thumbs down from me.
Have been playing for maybe 3 months or so. These are just my impressions...your experience may be otherwise...
* very good graphics...at least the equivalent of Skyrim...probably better
* very good AI and gameplay...NPCs/creatures do not just follow certain routing...they seem to have a certain amount of independence...the game will remember...I shot at a crocodile just for the kicks...and ran...next time on another day when I entered the area...out of the blue...it came for me. ;-)
* much area to explore...a great variety of environments...about 1/4 of which I've seen so far...always something interesting and new to do.
* quests are difficult...the game will continually bait you into quests you are sure to fail...not a good thing for player confidence. I do my own weapons and armor and use about the best of both for the level I'm on...to no avail
* other players can be a pain...there is some of what I'd term "group stalking" where individuals are being intentionally harassed... The nature of MMO games seems to be that the early players do so in order to establish a certain dominance....can't seem to keep the game on the board? Others have other agendas the nature of which are vague...they just harass.
* since Christmas...the number of players has increased a lot...also the game has won Game of the Year....I have to guess there are some hackers in it....
* several areas in my game are NOT FUNCTIONING as of now...and since the game requires a lot of study and effort to get ahead....the effort is starting to seem rather pointless. Several attempts at trying to get SUPPORT to fix things have failed....though they advertise how good they are...
Synopsis: This game is seriously fascinating...too bad the technical issues, difficulty levels, and player behavior have to mess the experience up.
But there are other games and other things to do....
* I quit the game for a while...then restarted. My opinion at this point is that considering the type of game it is...I doubt that one could do better. It has some serious depth...playing it and advancing in it is not for wimps. Which is probably the WHY for many of the poor reviews.
* As far as parts of the game not working....some of that is due to the complexity of the game and lack of player knowledge (my own)...though sometimes certain quests will mess up...I just try later....
Be nice if there wasn't so much "sideplay"...where players start messing with other players out of spite or whatever...but where you have people...you have trouble. Eventually it becomes part of the game...players get pretty competitive....you adjust.....or quit playing. They win one time...you win the next.
So if you've always wanted to join the circus...now's your chance......there are way more rings than three.....