More than just Mental Maths books - this series will equip students w ith all the mental maths strategies they need to excel in Maths through out their lives. Mental Maths is the maths we do in our heads without th e use of calculators and without writing down the calculation. Mental Ma ths strategies are the 'tricks' we use to do Maths in our heads. There a re different ways of finding the answer to any Mental Maths problem, and such strategies are the focus of this series. Mental Maths has become m ore important than ever and new primary Maths syllabuses in Australia ar e reflecting this. For example, NSW has placed an emphasis on Mental Mat hs in its primary syllabus, and even the Year 10 School Certificate exam ination has a compulsory non-calculator section.
Features of this book:
- 32 double-page units of Mentals are included - 8 uni ts for each school term. Each unit is divided into four sets (A, B, C an d D)
- each set within each unit covers a different area of Maths : for example, set A always covers addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, while set D always covers measurement
- the fun il lustrations and cartoons will help children engage with the Maths concep ts and enjoy completing the activities
- the answers to all quest ions are in a lift-out section in the centre of the book
- a spec ial 'Help' section at the front of the book gives different strategies a nd explanations to help students solve Mentals problems. This link to th e different kind of questions found in sets A, B, C and D