Fresh Australian Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Large Cast Iron Skillet Fry Pan 30cm (12.5 Inches). Perfect for Frying, BBQ, Camping. Oven safe
- PREMIUM PROFESSIONAL QUALITY; The cast iron in the Fresh Australian Kitchen skillet has unbeatable heat retention, meaning the heat is dispersed evenly across the entire surface of its thick base to ensure thorough and even cooking with no cool spots.
- THE ‘USE IT ANYWHERE’ PAN; Bake, Sauté, Grill, Broil, Braise, Sear with your Skillet. Each Skillet is Ovenproof and Suitable to be Used on a BBQ Grill, Gas, Electric or most Induction Stoves.
- TOUGH AND DURABLE; With care your skillet should last for generations. The Fresh Australian skillet comes pre-seasoned, but if it ever starts to show signs of ‘too much love’ just re-season it (instructions included) and it’ll be as good as new. A skillet re-seasoned, is a skillet reborn.
- FOR THE HOME CHEF - Not only is a well-seasoned skillet non-stick, but with a handle on both sides, The Fresh Australian Kitchen Skillet doubles as a baking dish.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE – Fresh Australian Kitchen make products for A Healthy, Outdoors, Lifestyle… With the Security of a Lifetime Guarantee.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Frequently shopped for in related categories
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
BEFORE using you must season the skillet properly. I have done it with olive oil making sure it never reaches the smoke point in the oven and every time I cook it gets better and better. An amazing skillet for years to come but beware, it's heavy!
And yes its iron so after washing it make sure you dry it with paper and re-season it. Otherwise it will get rust.
Great size and once hot - its great, keeps the heat and nothing sticks !
Only negative, would be that the handle also heats up - perhaps a wooden handle would be better
I can't say a bad thing about this pan. If you are looking for cast iron cookware you can do a lot worse than picking one of these up. Beware though, they are addictive.
Top international reviews
Se me aplicó la garantía de la A a la Z.
Entregado a tiempo y en excelente estado
He cocinado ya dos pollos y en verdad facilita el procedo
The preseason is NOT GOOD the entire inner surface of the skillet has the texture of very rough sand paper. It will take a LOT of work to make it smooth and ready to use. If you are not the kind of person that's prepared to strip the preseason of, and work the surface smooth I would not recommend this skillet. Spend the extra money and buy a high quality piece of cast iron.
Followed the included instructions to season it. It tells you to do this BEFORE using it, yet it's advertised as PRESEASONED. When done I put it on the burner, got it hot and tossed in a steak which stuck ad if glued in place.
If this will be your first cast iron, STOP. Put your money away, save up till you can afford a high quality piece. If this is your first it will ruin your opinion of cast iron. If you want a project of stripping cast iron of bad seasoning and grinding the surface smooth, take the plunge.
This is much better than LODGE, it is heavy and thick, but needs a lot of work to be "good". I am happy enough with it for my outdoor cooking.
Definitely had to redo it when I received it.
I bought two of these - one for myself, and one for my sister - and both of them needed to be seasoned properly.
Overall a good buy
I wish I had bought a silicone handle protector, but I just use an oven mitt so it's not a real problem.
The 12" skillet is very roomy: I made a frittata large enough to be dinner for five, and today I made a *really* big cornbread. A smaller 10" pan might have been enough, but the larger one just means automatic leftovers.
So as other reviewers have said, it does rust after washing. So before using it i wash it again. Then when i cook it does produce a smell of metal. So i wash it really well. But sometimes it just doesnt do the trick. It doesnt get on the food though. So putting olive oil before storing it helps. It is great. Just the smell and rust. The stars remains because it does the work and i am making it work.
A happy Fresh Australian Kitchen customer for life!