- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Furminator Long Hair deShedding Tool for Small Cats
- Removes the loose hair from shedding
- Edge reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair
- Curved SkinGuard design glides over cat's skin
- Helps keep coat dirt- and debris-free
- Best used weekly for cats with double coats
Size: Small | Style: Long Hair
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Frequently shopped for in related categories
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Designed by Professional Groomers
FURminator's lineup of deShedding tools, grooming tools, hair care products, bathing and hygiene solutions broadens and enhances the FURminator deShedding experience for pet parents and their pets.
FURminator(R) deShedding Tool for Cats
For Large, Long Haired Cats
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator deShedding Tool enables you to share your home with your cat, without surrendering it to their shedding. The Long Hair deShedding Tool for Large Cats is specially designed for cats that are over 10 pounds with hair that is longer than 2 inches. The 2.65 -inch long hair stainless steel edge reaches deep beneath your cat's long topcoat to safely remove undercoat and loose hair, The FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease.
Please read all instructions carefully before you use the FURminator(R)
1. For best results, we recommend deShedding your pet immediately after washing and drying. Use only on a completely dry coat. Our extensive line of FURminator deShedding products are designed to promote healthy skin and coat and reduce excess shedding.
2. Before using the deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Remove tangles or mats with a FURminator Slicker Brush or Finishing Comb before using the deShedding tool. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
3. Use the deShedding tool much like a brush and gently stroke across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward the coat. Start from the head and work your way back, using extra care near the pet’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Deep or rough brushing can cause your pet’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation, discontinue use.
4. Remove excess hair from the teeth of the deShedding tool as you work by pushing the FURejector button.
FURminator(R) Precision Tool Selection
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, pet parents will need ways to reduce pet hair. That’s why FURminator(R) shedding solutions are revered by pet parents as the gold standard for pet hair control. Nothing on the market comes close to matching the effectiveness of the extensive line of deShedding tools, which provide the right solution for every shape, size and type of pet. By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator(R) deShedding Tool enables you to share your home with your cat, without surrendering it to his hair.
FURminator deShedding Tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and they keep coats healthy and beautiful. In addition, they keep pets comfortable and safe. The line of deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that’s why both pets and pet parents love FURminator(R).
|FURminator(R) Cat Nail Clippers||FURminator(R) Cat Nail Grinder||FURminator(R) Cat Shed Control Cloths|
|FURminator(R) Cat Nail Clippers use a stainless steel edge and nail guide to make clipping nails as easy as possible||FURminator(R) Cat Nail Grinder uses a High Performance Motor and and LED light to ensure accuracy||Three dimensional propietary loop technology catches and keeps loose surface hair|
|This professional grooming tool has an easy grip handle and anti-microbial product protection||This professional grooming tool has an easy grip handle and anti-microbial product protection||Reusable up to three times before disposing|
|FURminator(R) Hairball Prevention Shampoo||FURminator(R) Hairball Prevention Waterless Spray||FURminator(R) My FURst Waterless Kitten Shampoo|
|FURminator(R) Hairball Prevention Shampoo helps reduce excess shedding and helps prevent hairballs in cats||FURminator(R) Hairball Prevention Waterless Spray helps reduce excess shedding and prevents hairballs in cats without bathing||FURminator(R) My FURst Waterless Kitten Shampoo is a gentle formula for frequent use to quickly clean the coat and reduce odors between baths|
|Contains no parabens or chemical dyes||Contains no parabens or chemical dyes||Contains no parabens or chemical dyes|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
You do have to be careful to choose the length that's best for your cat and if you can try it out first wether at a local shop or store I would highly recommend it. The long hair doesn't always work best on long haired cats and same goes for the short hair version. Every cats coat is different. If neither of them work for your cat then you need a rubber zoom groom.
The push button is a new feature to furminators and a very convenient one. It really saves time not having to stop and pull the fur out, one push and it falls right off. Also it's nice because of those kitties with dandruff or other yuck in their fur, an be brushed out without having to handle it as much.
As a warning, furminators have blade in it (nothing that will cut your cat) but it will keep puling hair out until there's nothing left. You need to get a feel for when you've removed the undercoat (fluffy stuff) and stop before stripping too much top coat. Also run the furminator along your bare arm first, it won't feel too good. This will give you a feel for how lightly you want to brush the cat, if you pull the brush up at a slight angle it won't run over their skin as much and will still remove plenty of undercoat. Cats have very thin skin and it's easy to give them brush burn if used too hard. Brush burn is a sort of rash, you can part the fur and see red skin with the stripes (in the direction it was brushed) its painful for the cats and there's not much to be done about it other than wait for it to heal. And it will make the cat less likely to want to be brushed in the future.
Many companies have tried to replicate the furminator, but from a professional who had been using these products since 2007 I can highly recommend them and though they may cost a bit more it's worth every penny! I hope my review helps you make your decision and that I've given you some helpful tips on how to use it most effectively!
The push clean doesn't really release much of the fur collected in the brush but its no effort to full away.
Works by taking out the finer under hair and a quick push on the thumb button pushes the teeth to eject the hair collection.
Cat seems to like it, no nicks or cuts and certainly good throughout the end of Summer months for getting the seeds and burrs out of her fur before matting.
Excelente articulo, redujo la caida de pelo de manera impresionante,
The results are spectacular and the comb really gets to the base of the hair removing all the old dead fur. I couldn't believe how much was removed. Her coat is much glossier now feels really healthy and silky.
My daughter who has a Persian cat wants one now!
I would thoroughly recommend this product.
Was looking for another for long hair cats, my 5 Maine Coons.
of the bad hair, and my boy cat loves it when I use this on him,
He sheds so much hair so this soo good for him!
Less house work for me!