Gelish Top It Off 15 ml
|Price:||& FREE Delivery|
- No chipping or peeling, and soaks completely off in only 10-15 minutes
- Applies like polish and cures in a led lamp in 30 seconds
- Gelish stays on nails for up to 3 weeks
- Country of origin is United States
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This color gel is conveniently designed with a twist cap and applicator brush, apply like polishes, and cured under uv lamp. Color gels are meant to use on natural nails. These products are made to satisfy natural-nail wearers who long wish their color would last for more than two weeks. Color gels will stay on nails for three weeks with no chipping or peeling, and soak completely off in only 15 minutes.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top international reviews
packaging nuovo ma sembra non essere più il prodotto che era
si sfoglia subito
il dubbio è che non sia originale
I waited to write this review until I had tried MANY of the tips from MANY of the wonderful reviewers on Amazon.com! Below is what has finally worked for me the best. I have been doing my own nails for years .. when I heard how long gel nails lasted .. I was hooked! I find my pedicure will last easily 4 weeks .. my manicure very nicely 2 weeks .. then I must start to "tip" the ends with a matching regular nail polish. If I am not in a hurry .. the best way is to use an OPI base coat plus the color .. it will last better. My nails grow quickly so I really can't last much longer than 3 weeks without a LOT of regrowth along the cuticle. Hope the below is helpful .. thanks to all the other Reviewers who helped me get started on gel nails!
AUGUST 2013 (SORRY IN ADVANCE THAT MY "WORD" DOCUMENT CONVERTS SO BADLY TO AMAZON VIA THE SENTENCE STRUCTURES!)
The motto for GEL is "thin to win" - several very thin layers, no thick ones!
Manicure & Pedicure Gelish Application
AUGUST 2013 The motto for GEL is "thin to win" - several very thin layers, no thick ones.
Manicure & Pedicure Gelish Application [...]
1. First remove old gel polish. Rough up nails well so acetone can get through. Then starting with the little finger and work to the thumb. Soak pad of Hands Down with acetone. Start with the short end of Hands Down .. with the pad slightly off center. Pull it tightly over the nail bed, it will settle to the center of the nail bed, keeping full contact with the nail as it soaks the gel off. When 5 fingers complete .. put on a disposable glove. . This helps keep the pads moist longer. Do the second hand. Put a glove on the second hand and set the timer for 20 minutes after completing 2nd hand. With the gloves on, can do other tasks. After 20 minutes, remove the glove and pull off the pads, one at a time .. starting with little finger-1st hand, flipping the polish off each nail with an orange stick as you go. If some sticks on the tips, a little pressure with an orange stick coated with acetone ought to make it release. Pads can reused a couple of times before throwing away .. flick off old polish from pad/flatten/let dry/store separated in paper sheets they came in. (Using: Graham Hands Down Soak Off Gel Nail Wraps-works GREAT! -for small toenails the pad can be cut in half for double usage!) 2. Apply cuticle remover .. push back the cuticle. 3. Remove cuticle from nail plate. Clean up as needed. 4. Shape the natural nail using your 240 grit file of choice. 5. Gently remove the shine using the 100 grit side of a 100/180 Buffer until very smooth. 6. Remove the dust and clean the nail. . (IF POSSIBLE: apply vitamin E oil to your nails and fingers after this process because the acetone is very drying. Leave on overnight if possible. Then: wash with soap and water and polish using the proper steps. 7. Wipe the nail with NAIL PREP (or70/91% alcohol) using a lint free wipe (can even use small cuts of lint free paper towel). Use an orange stick to fully clean around cuticles with the alcohol. You don't want any kind of oil on the nails. 8. Apply PH Bond to the nail plate. (or skip if you used alcohol if you choose) APPLY SPARINGLY - i.e. very thin coat! (Use a dry brush and pull more product OFF the nail to ensure it's thin enough.) . 9. SKIP TO #12 IF nails are not peeling/brittle/weak/damaged. If you have normal nails just using Foundation Gel as your base. **Apply Gelish NAIL STRENGHENER STRENGTH-green bottle .. (instead of GELISH FOUNDATION GEL) - first seal the edges of the nail. If needed apply 2 thin layers of the Gelish strengthener. Place hand in the LED Light for 30 seconds. 10. Apply NAIL STRENGHTENER RECOVERY-gold bottle for added strength and that takes care of most problems.) Place hand in the LED Light for 30 seconds. (This xtra step is only necessary for poor nails!) If you apply too thick a coat, your results will suffer. Place hand in the LED Light for 10 seconds. 10b NEXT .. "STRUCTURE GEL. NOTE: dot a small amount of base coat on each nail with the brush. Then, wipe the rest of the gel off of the brush. Use the mostly dry brush to spread the small amount of product on your nail. I even wipe the brush off between each nail. This ensures a thin layer OR WILL PEEL! Place hand in the LED Light for 30 seconds. (This xtra step is only necessary for poor nails but Structure Gel is a wonderful strong product!.) 11. If you choose you can emove some of the tacky surface residue with clean dry brush. DO NOT USE CLEANSER... this is a DRY cleaning. 12. Apply Gelish Color Coat of Choice. First, seal the free edge of the nail. Then, apply to the nail plate in a THIN LIGHT APPLICATION from cuticle to free edge. If you apply too thick a coat, your results will suffer. APPLICATION SHOULD BE ALMOST SEE-THROUGH ON 1st COAT! Place hand in the LED Light for 30 seconds (30 seconds for light colors). (As with ALL UV products, cure thumbs very carefully OR separately for best results. 13. Repeat Step 11, 12 & 13 for 2nd color coat. 14. Apply Gelish Top Coat (GELISH TOP IT OFF GEL SEALER). First seal the free edge. Then, apply from cuticle to free edge using a THIN LIGHT APPLICATION. If you apply too thick a coat, your results will suffer. Place hand in LED Light for 20 seconds. (As with ALL UV products, cure thumbs very carefully OR separately for best results. 15. Wipe off the tacky surface residue with NAIL PREP (or alcohol) using a lint free wipe. 16. Use cuticle oil nightly as this helps keep the product flexible and less prone to cracking.
TIPS: a. I find it better to complete one step .. including the LED light .. with one hand at a time because the gel does not dry at all .. causing smudges if I attempt to do the step on the 2nd hand without the LED light. b. I use a narrow orange stick and an old cleaned polish bottle filled with acetone to remove any gel touching a cuticle or skin. I do this as I go as it is easier to do while wet .. IMPOSSIBLE after the LED light!c. Peeling: If you have tried thinner layers, and upping your cure time (try 1 min extra for UV, 30 sec extra for LED) isn't working, consider blaming your foundation coat formula, this was the culprit in my second Gelish kit.
d. By searching and finally finding a regular nail polish (Sally Hansen "#350 Heart to Heart" Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color) close to my gel polish (gelish "Tiger Blossum-Item #01334) I have been able to make my nails last up to nearly 4 weeks! Not looking great toward the end but tolerable! In the beginning it is merely "tipping" the nails .. ie using the #350 to color the tip of the nails after they wear off. I find I must do this nearly every day .. just do this as I put on my make up .. being careful of the finger tips as I apply my make up. Then as the gel gets to be 2-3 to 4 weeks old my nail beds have grown out at least 1/4". I then carefully add the #350 around the upper nail bed .. then add a regular top coat to make it all shiny. I get another week out of it .. YEAH!
e. Various helpful supplies I got from Amazon.com: magnifying glasses, lint free cloth, brush for Structure Gel, Graham Hands Down Soak Off Gel Nail Wraps, Debra Lynn Black 240/320 Grit Nail File , Professional 100/100 grit Nail files zebra file emery board, Harmony Gelish Vitagel - Strength- green bottle Nail Strengthener, REALLY HANDY FOR ACETONE & ALCHOHOL- Debra Lynn Professional 4 oz. Clear Pump Dispenser Bottle $6., for "dry" step- Everydaysource 7pc UV Gel Nail Art Tips Brush Pen
AMAZON: USpicy 12w LED Nail Gel Cure Lamp (less harmful to cuticles and surrounding skin than UV lamps) Harmony Shellac Uv Dryer $115.99 .. EXACTLY SAME THING! ( Led Lamp for Gel Nail Cure Shellac Harmony) 12W LED UV Lamp For Shellac Gelish Nail Gel Polish Curing Nail Dryer Light Timer
7/31/13 .. hmmmm .. JUST SAW FOR $89 W/SHIPPING FROM AMAZON: http://www.amazon.com/Quality-Light-Polish-Crescent-Curing/dp/B00CY2I8VK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1375308890&sr=8-6&keywords=12+UV+GEL+NAIL+DRYER
I PURCHASED FROM EBAY 7/12 .. SELLER: "goforshopnow"
EBAY: PAID $77.59.. NOT $115.99!! 12W TOP LED Nail Gel Polish Cure Lamp Harmony Shellac UV Dryer Timer Control New
**I also loved the fact that once I set the time on the lamp it automatically started when I placed my hand in to cure. I was always using my Iphone as a timer backup for the UV lamp so this was really nice. I found that the replacement bulbs for the UV lamp were almost $30, and the LED lamp is supposed to last 35,000 hours - so not only is it better to not have the UV exposure but cheaper in the long run.
TECH TIPS: [...]
Gelish recommended cure times are based on using a Gelish Harmony LED Curing Light. For best performance follow recommended cure times.
**I think the soaking the Gel polish off in Acetone every time they come in weakens the nail bed as well. I make my client only wear it ever third time they get a manicure. I don't care what they say...it does make the nail a little weaker because of the soaking and scrapping. [...]**clients who like to peel the product off, I believe this may be why subsequent applications are not working. They are taking the top layer of keratin off. I always caution my clients not do to this and if they do, they cannot expect the product to perform the way it's designed to do. **Do buy a bottle of cuticle oil and use it over your Shellac every day (I keep mine next to my bed and put it on at night when I set my alarm) as this helps keep the product flexible and less prone to cracking. **there's a huge influx of similar uv gel polish products right now. Gelish, Geleration, Axxium, Gelicure... lots of them. They are great products, and similar to Shellac in their wearing, but all of the others come in a pot and are applied with a gel brush. **Some women I apply an extra topcoat, some protein bond, some a layer or two of structure first, some, all of the above.
TIPS I PICKED UP FROM OTHER REVIEWERS:
*****GELISH STRUCTURE GEL **I used a #6 flat gel brush to apply it very thinly, and it leveled nicely, cured thoroughly in 90 seconds to a high shine. I highly recommend this, as it is easy to apply and definitely adds strength to the nail. .. Purpose: Used to strengthen weak nails OR to equalize the level differences between the natural nail plate and applied false nail tips. Use this product after the Gelish Foundation (BASE) step has been completed Directions: Apply 1-3 thin coats depending upon nail strength desired; curing between each application. When applying, I use a small flat brush and place a dot of gel into the center of my nail. Using a gentle swirling motion I cover the entire nail. You want to minimize the times you lift the brush from the product so as not to incorporate air bubbles. Once the nail is covered with the sculpting gel, turn your hand over keeping it level for 1 minute. This helps the applied gel to self level in a nicely rounded and natural shape. Cure as directed between each application. See requirements for the cure time needed Requirements: Gelish structure must be cured with an LED lamp or UV lamp system. LED cure time 30 seconds. 36W UV Lamp - 2 minutes Note: For me this is a must have product. I use it on the natural nail plate up to my false nail tip on the first and second application. This helps to equal out the level differences between the two. On the third application I cover the entire nail including the false tip. Polish as desired followed by the Gelish Top If Off as the final step . **. **Apply with a nail art brush. **I first applied the foundation coat, then dry brushed it, then applied the Structure Gel. I dry brushed that layer as well and finished applying layers as directed. The end result is fantastic. **The next time, I bought some pure acetone nail polish remover and it cleaned the brush like a dream **Debra Lynn Professional French Manicure Clean-Up Brush (Misc.) **Notice this is called a clean up brush. That is what it does. It will even up your French manicure very easily. Don't know how anyone can do a French manicure without one. I wanted to try the French tip look with the CND Shellac process I do at home and purchased this brush for that specific purpose. This brush made even this amateur try look professional. This brush is well made and an easy weight in the hand. No bristles were loose nor have any fallen out. Would recommend highly recommend.
A couple of tips: make sure to SHAKE WELL. If you don't, it'll go on too thick. Put a thin coat on. If you put too thick of a coat on, it will bubble. Avoid the sides of your nails. When you cure this under the light, it will spread so and case the polish to go on your skin and it will lift off your nail. I do my 4 fingers on one hand, then my 2 thumbs, and then the 4 fingers on the other hand. Don't try and cram your whole hand in the light- it'll make your fingers lay weird and won't cure evenly. Finally, if you notice bubbles when you're in the painting process, don't worry. This top coat will smooth it out.
Buy this top coat! You won't regret it.
I have used this alone without a base and as a base (works both ways)
great polish. does need to be soaked off tho, even after a year of having the same bottle (the consistency has gotten a little thicker but not unusable). what can i say? i found a great product and don't want to part with it till it's completely gone or unusable