- Buy this item and get 90 days Free Amazon Music Unlimited. After purchase you will receive an email with further information. Offer valid for a limited time only. Terms and Conditions apply.” Learn more here.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.98 delivery
|New from||Used from|
Audio CD, Import, 16 November 2018
Special offers and product promotions
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 14.1 x 12.5 x 0.89 cm; 64.07 Grams
- Manufacturer : Bmg Int'L
- Original Release Date : 2018
- Run time : 54 minutes
- Label : Bmg Int'L
- ASIN : B07J3H1F7T
- Number of discs : 1
- Best Sellers Rank: 9,991 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
The singers will embark on their first joint UK tour next year, performing tracks from their debut album 'In Harmony'. Aled Jones and Russell Watson are set to release their debut duet album In Harmony. The album will include well-loved arias and hymns like 'Ave Maria', as well as modern classics such as 'You Raise Me Up'. And they've just announced that they will be touring the UK to perform songs from the recording next autumn. On Lorraine this morning, Aled said: "There was no guarantee that the voices would work together or anything, and it really, really does. It even surprised us – we keep looking at each other when we're on stage and saying, 'this sounds really great!'." The album will also feature the single 'Bright Horizons', written for the duo by renowned Welsh composer Sir Karl Jenkins. The first single from the album will be 'Where Have All The Flowers Gone/Here's To The Heroes', a tribute to mark both the centenary of the end of World War One and the 70th anniversary of the National Health Service.
From the manufacturer
About Aled & Russell
As two of the classical world’s vocal powerhouses, Aled and Russell have received countless prestigious awards, record-breaking sales and chart successes. Over his extraordinary 30 year career, Aled's outstanding performances have made smash-hit box office history. He is the original crossover star and has sung for the Pope and the Royal Family, received an MBE, released over 30 albums - with over 10 million album sales and counting - and has over 40 silver, gold and platinum discs. After beginning his career at the age of 12, Aled became one of the world’s most successful boy sopranos, releasing 12 hit albums in 4 years with the defining moment being ‘Walking in the Air’, the hit song from the family-favourite, Christmas animated film ‘The Snowman’.
Despite humble beginnings, Russell’s exceptional voice has led him to become one of Britain’s most popular and biggest-selling classical stars - triumphing on both sides of the Atlantic, spending fifty-two consecutive weeks at No.1 in the UK and the US classical charts at the same time. With over seven million albums sold, he has achieved six top ten albums and received four Classic BRIT Awards.
About the CD
- The album features 14 well-loved hymns, arias, and popular songs
- Ian Tilley, who has worked with some of the biggest names in classical-crossover produced the record
- Renowned composer Sir Karl Jenkins wrote “Bright Horizons” especially for Aled & Russell
- Contains a timely tribute celebrating the centenary of the end of WW1 & 70th anniversary of the NHS
- Features a cherry-picked repertoire of Aled & Russells personal favourites
- A Classic FM Album of the Week
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The predominantly religious vocals are varied and riveting while occasionally interspersed with secular classics like Volare. The two male voices and the male and female choir are accompanied by the the New Zealand Sinfonietta comprising violins, Flute, Trumpet and Percussion.
In the fourteen song compilation there are such well known and beloved such as Ave Maria while the compilation concludes with a divine Silent Night.