Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $79.95 delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ $98.00 delivery
Hatch Baby Rest Sound Machine, Night Light and Time-to-Rise
Was PriceWas price refers to the price at which this item was recently sold on Amazon AU.
|You Save:||$18.18 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL: Rest combines nightlight, sound machine, and time-to-rise alert in one easy-to-use device that you can control from your phone! Customize color, brightness, sound, and volume level. Set programs to turn off and on automatically based on your family’s sleep schedule.
- EASY TO USE: Rest can be programmed to turn on automatically, can be adjusted remotely via phone, or can be tapped on manually as needed. Control remotely via easy-to-use Hatch Baby Rest app. No need to disrupt a sleeping baby!
- GROWS WITH YOUR CHILD: Rest grows with your child’s needs - providing soft light and white noise for midnight newborn feeding sessions, the comfort of a nightlight for a preschooler, plus a time-to-rise setting for your older child! Includes toddler lock feature and stays cool throughout the night for safety.
- ENCOURAGES BETTER SLEEP: Create the ideal sleep environment for your child. Choose from preset sound and color combinations recommended by sleep experts! Requirements: Smartphone or tablet running iOS (11 or higher) or Android (Lollipop or higher)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Both night light and sound machine, Rest is designed using scientifically proven light colors that promote healthy circadian rhythms and melatonin production with white noise to aid sleep. Rest is fully customizable, programmable, and controlled from your smartphone. As your child moves from bassinet to big kid bed, Rest grows with your needs - first providing soft light for middle of the night diaper changes and nursing sessions, then alerting your toddler when it is ok to get out of bed in the morning. Reinventing bedtime to get your family a better night’s rest.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Thank you again, she loves it.
Top international reviews
Now, I had serious doubts about my 18 month old’s ability to understand and abide by the “ok to wake” concept. But mom needs a little time to herself in the morning, so I was willing to give it a shot despite my reservations. The beauty of this product is the app and Bluetooth capability. I set the clock for 6am the first night and told my son that when the light turned green in the morning, he could get up for the day. For the record, my 18 month old can only say about 10 words... but he seems to comprehend a lot. The next morning, he woke at 5:30. I wasn’t about to let him cry for 30 long minutes, so I opened the app, changed the wake up time to 5:35, and then when the light turned on, went into his room and did a big dramatic wake up. I said, “look, your light is green, that means it’s time to wake up!” I then turned on the lights, threw open the curtains... made a big deal of it. Over the next few days, I gradually set the clock back little by little, and he started sleeping a little later each day. After a week, I was able to set the clock to 7:30 (my ideal wake up time for him). He woke the first few days a little earlier, and I would just tell him through the baby monitor talk function that his light wasn’t green, and I kid you not— he laid down and went back to sleep until the light came on. Now if he wakes a few minutes early, he just plays in his crib and waits for the light. I can’t believe that this worked, but it did. And now I feel like I have to spread the word!
I actually loved this so much, that I bought a 2nd one for my 3 year old. He loves it. He plays in his room until his light comes on at 7:30, and also stays in his room to play or look at books during “quiet time” in the afternoon. He loves choosing a nightlight color and sound on the app every night. I truly cannot say enough positive things about this product... try it!
Here is my beef: Why does Hatch Baby need to know the age and gender of my child before I can use the product... this pisses me off, and so I deducted 2 stars for each silly question without letting me skip it... Great product, crappy they lock you into making an account and collect your data.
We needed a night light for our 3-month-old's nursery and this has fit the bill beautifully. To be clear, this machine works via Bluetooth, NOT via WiFi. This has advantages and disadvantages which I'll mention below. Overall, though, there's a lot to love about this machine and only a few small quibbles I have with it.
What's great about this machine:
1) It looks stylish -- modern yet neutral. And because the light can be just about any color, it can fit in with whatever color scheme your room is.
2) It's easy to use. The downloadable phone app works for both Android and IOS and is very self-explanatory. Programs can be set to start and finish at any time each day (or set days of the week) and include settings for light color and brightness as well as your choice of sound (or silence) and the volume of the sound.
3) The sound machine function produces a wide range of soothing background sounds: "woodsy" noise (crickets), rain shower, white noise (like television static), singing birds, ocean waves, rippling water, a laundry machine, and three different sets of melodies. These sounds are surprisingly not nearly as annoying as I assumed they would be -- most of them are actually quite nice.
4) The "Okay to get up" feature will be great when our little one becomes a toddler. Basically, just set a program for a particular color to turn on at a certain time in the morning so your toddler knows it's "okay" to get out of bed for the day. I have no doubt this will come in handy!
A few things I'm not as wild about:
1) The volume of some of the sounds could stand to have a wider range, particularly on the lower end. For example, the white noise sound is quite loud, even on the lowest volume setting. We have it dialed all the way down and it's passable but still almost too loud.
2) The ability to program sounds and lights is a great feature, but it would be nice to be able to start a program on demand instead of only at a pre-set time. For example, we have our "overnight" program set to begin at 9 p.m. and end at 6:30 a.m., but sometimes our little one goes to bed a few minutes before or after 9:00. It would be nice to be able to start the overnight program with the push of a button at, say, 9:08 and have it still end at 6:30 a.m.
3) As I mentioned above, this machine is controllable via a phone app via Bluetooth, not WiFi. On the plus side, this means you don't have to plug anything into your router, and the connection is very easy to make. On the minus side, only one phone can control it at a given time. My wife and I both have the app on our phones, and if we are both close to the machine one of us might have to close the app for the other to use it. Also, because Bluetooth has a relatively short range, you may not be able to control this machine from more than a room or two away. Then again, this is a night light, not a baby monitor, so the "need" to connect to it from the other end of the house is not as great.
I'm very happy with this purchase and would certainly purchase it again!
*** UPDATE 12/18/2018 ***
We have been using this light for almost a year and a half, and we like it so much we purchased a second one to use for our son who was born a month ago. Although he isn't sleeping in his own room yet, we have the Hatch set up in our bedroom so he has a night light. So, this is the first time we have used the phone app to control more than one device. You can pair more than one device with your phone, but unfortunately switching between the devices in the app is a little cumbersome because you essentially have to "log out" of one device and "log on" to the other. It's not difficult, but it seems like a lot of steps. As I mentioned in my main review, I suspect this is because the pairing is via Bluetooth, not WiFi, which limits the complexity of the communication. And as a reminder, only one person can be "logged in" to a device at a time, so if my wife wants to change the volume or the sound and I was the last person to make a change, she can't do anything until I log out on my phone.
Fortunately this light will probably be used on a set schedule most of the time, so accessing it via the phone app is probably not something you will do very often once your have a set routine.
On to the Pros: Sound quality is great for the size, a rich sound that beats our last sound machine. The software does work great, and there appears to be active development with feature updates. Support seems good and active. Take the time to learn the software, it takes a few minutes to understand how Programs and Favorites work.
Over-all I would recommend the product, I do find it is priced a bit high, but once all the bugs are worked out and a wifi unit comes out I wouldn't think twice about it.
I've only had it for a few weeks so I'm still figuring it out but so far it's a bit confusing with setting up preset settings/ scheduled which automatically turn on, that part is great; however the trouble for me has been with the fact that you can override the preset settings manually if you touch the hatch rest itself and when that happens it overrides the preset and I can't figure out how to get back to the preset....Anyway I'm trying to resolve as it's pointless setting something that my child can just override with tapping the device.
As well, when it is setup with preset settings, if you are not near the device you cannot make changes to it manually, at least as far as I can figure out, which is difficult if you have babysitter without the app and it gets turned off or many other circumstances where you may not have access to the app or your phone... So it's been a bit confusing to figure out, at least for me...
I like clean/modern looking baby products and that is what initially caught my eye. Although, the price is what made me hold off on buying at first.
Once I took into consideration that not only is it a sound machine with all sorts of different options to choose from, as well as a nightlight with many colors to choose from, but it can also work as a wake up/night time light for your child eliminating the need to later on purchase a Gro Clock or something similar.
It has controls on the bottom keeping the light neat looking. The app is super simple to use and I love that you can control every feature from your phone. It also has a touch feature on the top that turns the power on which is great if you have a baby in your arms!
The app glitches about half the time. When you close the app and later open a different one, the stupid Hatch app opens again on its own!!!!!
The bottoms on the bottom of the unit don't work great. They work....just not great.
When you have only a light, and not sound there is a noticibke hum from the speakers that is super annoying and keeps my little awake.
Not worth $75. If it was $25 I would keep it. But I'm returning it.
I love all of the light colour options as well as the ability to select brightness. Very practical for those middle of the night feeds where you need some light but don’t want to disturb your partner. I also enjoy the noises while I’m sleeping, they’re quite soothing. I know it’s a product marketed for babies but I think I probably like it even more than the little one does!