|Remote Control Included?||Yes|
|Remote Control Type||Cable|
|Release date||24 July 2020|
|Mfg Recommended age||8 year and up|
|Item Model Number||R1255M|
|Product Dimensions||81.28 x 33.02 x 10.16 cm; 2.98 Kilograms|
Hornby The Flying Scotsman A1Class #4472 OO Electric Model Train Set HO Track with US Power Supply R1255M
|Price:||+ $44.33 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
|Item dimensions L x W x H||81.3 x 33 x 10.2 centimetres|
|Age range (description)||Adult|
About this item
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The train includes a 4-6-2 "Flying Scotsman" locomotive, two composite coaches, and a brake coach It is operated using the R8250 train controller provided.
- The track circuit sits easily on the 1600 x 1180 mm MidiMat included, and by adding Hornby track it can soon be developed into a very effective model railway layout.
- The gift of a Hornby train set is the gateway to a whole new experience, a world of model railways where nostalgia is shared between generations and new memories are forged. Hornby is a household name and is famous as an international brand LEADER in the model railway hobby.
- Comes with everything needed to run the train right out of the box
- This train set is OO scale while the track can also run HO scale. The set is electric and comes with a US Transformer that plugs directly into the wall.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Starting in 1862, the unofficially named 'Flying Scotsman' route operated between the capitals of Scotland and England as a passenger steam locomotive. In 1928, the official Class A1 4-6-2 steam locomotive for London and North Eastern Railway introduced R4472 'The Flying Scotsman'. Cutting the travel time down from 10 1/2 hours down to just a little over 8 hours. The original train has been restored back to its glory days with an occasional memorial run, bringing out fans from all over reminding us of the crowned jewel this locomotive has always been.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
The track you get with the train is good , and the controller does the job it is supposed to .
I already had the track set up , so I decided I would test the train before I unpacked everything else .
After about 10 or so times around the track the motor of the train started making a humming sound ( not good) .
Even if Hornby , think of this set as a budget train set . £150 or so you I would think it is more reliable
than it actually is , maybe I got a lemon .
Anyway I am returning it to Amazon for a refund , what else can I do .
I think Hornby need to take a look at the quality control of there train sets , before they end up with more lemons . I am not trying to be insulting to Hornby they are a household name to us all .
It’s just that I am a bit disappointed , after the excitement of opening the box , to having to send the train set back as a faulty item.