JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder with Adjustable Setting - Conical Burr Mill & Brushed Stainless Steel - Burr Coffee Grinder for Aeropress, Drip Coffee, Espresso, French Press, Turkish Brew
|Price:||+ $9.96 Delivery|
- Built-in adjustable grind selector with over 18 click settings ensures you have 100% precision control over the coarseness of your Pour Over, Drip, Chemex, Cold Brew, French Press, Percolator, AeroPress, Turkish, Espresso, Keurig K Cup, Herb, or Spice grind.
- No batteries, power, or long plastic cords needed to operate your portable compact coffee grinder, allowing you to travel with and brew freshly roasted ground coffee beans on your next camping, hiking, backpacking, or outdoors trip.
- Convenient removeable hand crank mechanism consistently eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric grinders produce. Imagine grinding your favorite java roast quietly in an office cubicle or in your kitchen when your loved ones are fast asleep.
- Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patent-pending ceramic combo burrs are design tested through three professional grade inspections to last 5x's longer than stainless steel blades.
- What Our Amazon Customers Say: "Holy cow is this grinder awesome!" "The only slim coffee grinder for my home!" "Just purchased 3 more for family and friends" "Earns its 5 star ratings and reviews with ease!" "One of the best deals for any coffee lover" "Perfect coffee is back in my life!" 100% Money-Back Guarantee. Order today while supplies last.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
JavaPresse E-cigarettes 2200mAh Vapor 40W Kit Smoke Starter - E-cigarettes hide in Coffee Grinder
JavaPresse E-cigarettes Specifications:
Max Power: 40w
Charging Time: 2-3h
Tank Capacity: 3.0ml
Output Voltage: 3.2-4.2V
Connection Thread: 510
Battery Capacity: 2200mAh
Material: Aluminum Alloy + Glass
Color Available: Silver
1 x Lite 40W/2200mAh Battery
1 x Lite 40 Atomizer
1 x Replacement Coil
1 x Gift box
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
|5 star 69% (69%)||69%|
|4 star 14% (14%)||14%|
|3 star 6% (6%)||6%|
|2 star 5% (5%)||5%|
|1 star 6% (6%)||6%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
0) First off, this thing grinds quite well, which it should since that's is sole job (but see #2). Espresso absolutely tastes noticeably different between this and an electric blade grinder. If you want espresso, you need a non-blade grinder of some sort, for certain.
1) This device is ... SLOOOOOW ... at grinding espresso for two people. It is quite fast if you want a French press (takes us about a minute), but if you want grinds small enough for several shots of espresso, be prepared to elbow grease it for 5-10 minutes. While this is typically a non-issue (you simply grind while talking, or watching the news, etc.), we have days where 5-10 minute grind sessions are just not possible and others were it just seems like my time should be better spent elsewhere (like walking the dog, or helping my kids). If you are a rush out the door type of morning person or have large family commitments, heads up!
1A) My friend has an electric grinder; he makes us espresso every time we go over. It takes about 5 minutes for four of us to have cups in hands. My family visited, and it was a solid 20 minutes before four of us had an espresso in hand. This is absolutely, without question, a personal use device only, at least for fine grounds.
2) Customer service for this company is BEYOND PHENOMENAL. Our first grinder just seemed off, but being espresso newbs we weren't quite sure. After explaining how it was grinding, they instantly said "nope, that's not supposed to happen" and shipped us a new grinder express. It was quick, it was polite, it was easy. Great, great, great service.
3) So the new grinder arrives, and as noted it grinds beautifully! The problem: the bottom half of the grinder (the storage container) slips off quite easily, as in, if you don't hang onto it while grinding it falls off. The fix was simple: just switch the bottom with our defective grinder. Regardless, my experience at this point, coupled with the thousands of reviews saying just how great their costumer service is, leads me to believe that the company does not have a great quality control unit and instead relies on great customer service. THAT IS FINE. If you're going to treat people like kings and queens when we contact you with defects, by all means, use that as your business model. This remains a buyer beware situation, but quite possibly the nicest one you will ever find yourself it.
So why 4 stars? Because after 4 months, I think the drawbacks are noticeable enough to call this a very good, but not great product. People need to be aware that you will spend a good chunk of time and energy grinding, and probably spend time and energy making sure your product is actually up to standard.
Bottom line: I would definitely recommend this, warts and all, based on the price and quality grinds. Just don't kid yourself about the warts.
-Works great for the Aeropress using a somewhat "fine" course setting with the conical burr just about touching the inside burrs
-While it does take a full 1-2 minutes to grind an Aeropress scoop worth of beans, it requires very minimal effort
-Built-in window is a nice add-on
-Relatively easy to clean
-Oddly enough, it fits perfectly into the hollow part of the Aeropress plunger for easy transportation
-This product is basically the same design as all the other hand grinders available on Amazon, with the same inherent design flaws
-As with all hand grinders, the grind you get for your coffee is never 100% consistent
-Plastic piece that sits inside the conical burr is very prone to breakage *****SEE BELOW*****
Okay, now for the important part! While I cannot speak for the other companies that sell basically the same product, JavaPresse sets themselves apart for their PHENOMENAL customer service! The aforementioned plastic piece inside the conical burr on mine broke after only two months of multiple grinds per day usage. After contacting JavaPresse about my broken burr using their website, I received an email back from them in literally ten to fifteen minutes asking for my address to send me a whole replacement grinder. The person who responded also told me they were going to be releasing an upgraded burr with a nylon insert that would be available within the week.
I responded with my address, thanked them for their prompt service and also asked them to alert me when the upgraded burr was available. In response not only did they send me a whole new grinder, but they had just received these upgraded burrs and sent them to me as well!!!! To say I was blown away by the immediate, prompt, and efficient response to my issues with this product is an understatement. Its not often you see or hear of customer service like this anymore!
Das Gewinde fuer die Mahlung hatte ich ziemlich schnell bis zum Anschlag angedreht. darueber hatte ich mich erst muckiert.
Angesehen der Tatsache, das die manuelle Kaffemuehle noch immer Top-mahlt, selbst nachdem sie einem Freund
aus der Hand geglitten war und auf dem harten Kuechenboden gelandet ist, kann ich nicht anders als eine positive Bewertung abgeben. Die Muhle mahlt und mahlt und mahlt!
Etwas Geduld braucht man schon, doch dessen war ich mir vor dem Kauf bewusst.
Schnell nudeln bringt hier nichts, sonders gleichmaessiges kurbeln.
Nachdem ich meine Kaffesorte gewechselt hab,
faellt mir auf das ich mit einem vollen Kaffecontainer 2 Expresso erziele.
Die Bohnen enthalten weniger Luft, haben somit mehr Volumen und lassen sich auch besser mahlen.
Also Kaffesorte ist entscheidend.
Con: 1. Die Form ist nichts fuer kleine Haende!
2. auch sonst nicht griffig genug.
3. Das Ineinandestecken kann schon mal schief geraten und klemmen (oder wie bei mir 2 vorgekommen auseinander fallen).ein Drehverschluss waere hier die bessere Loesung.
Dafuer zieh ich 2 Sterne ab, obwohl ich mit dem Mahlergenis zufrieden bin.
Coarse (13-18 Clicks) - French Press, Cold Brew, Percolator, Coffee Cupping
Medium Coarse (10-12 Clicks) - Chemex, Drip Coffee Makers, Vacuum Pots
Medium (7-9 Clicks) - Pour Over Brewers (Including Ours), Aeropress
Medium-Fine (4-6 Clicks) - Moka Pots, Pour Over Brewers, Aeropress
Fine (1-3 Clicks) - Espresso, Turkish
All in all garbage quality product. Don't waste your time ordering this to just have to return it.
I have been using this coffee grinder since then and I'm so pleased that I gave it another shot because it's fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. It easily separates into six parts for cleaning, which I do about once a week, and it's easy to put it back together. It took me only a couple minutes and about a dozen coffee beans to calibrate to the couresness I was looking for for a French press. I made note of how many threads are visible at that calibration so I don't have to recalibrate each time I disassemble it for cleaning.
I really wanted to buy this because I was previously using a nutribullet with a milling attachment to grind my coffee beans each morning and it was loud, the couresness was really varied and not ideal for my coffee press, and it was a pain to clean everytime. This coffee grinder takes about ten seconds (yes, I timed it for you) to grind beans for one cup, it's very quiet, and I get uniform size for my coffee press.
I would definitely recommend this coffee grinder.
The exterior components are crafted of heavy weight stainless steel from the bottom up to the hand crank. Each component feels sturdy and long lasting. The grinder breaks down into three pieces: bottom reservoir (part where grinds fall), upper reservoir (part where you place beans), cap (seals off upper reservoir), and the hand crank.
Grind Quality: 5/5
Since this grinder utilizes burr technology, the beans will not be heated during the grinding process like they would from a traditional bladed grinder. Additionally, the particle size is uniform as the grinds only fall to the bottom reservoir once they are small enough to fall through the grinding mechanism, ensuring a uniform size on every ground. This is important when brewing to ensure each grind is subjected to the same amount of heat and water during the brew. Inside the grinding mechanism, there is a portion where you turn it clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust the ground size. There are no markings to know what size is being produced so experimenting will be necessary. I'd recommend starting large and then going small - that way you can recycle the larger grounds and continue the process until you've reached an ideal size.
The reservoir size is quite small, so if you're using this for cold brew where a large quantity of grounds are necessary, you may need to repeat the process several times. It holds about 5 rounded tablespoons of coffee beans (about 1/3 cup). Grind time takes about 1-2 minutes to complete if completely full.
Overall, this grinder has held up so far, produces consistent grounds, and I'm sure will last for many more cups to come.
Avoid this product if possible.
After a few minutes of the entire assembly turning when I tried to adjust the grind, it stopped and I finally got it to the number 7 setting for my MokaPot. The grind came out beautifully even but it took me about 15 minutes just to grind the beans for one cup of coffee! I don't have the time to do this for every cup! Then I decided to try to change the grind coarser for a french press. I can't even change the setting now because the whole grinding assembly turns and I can't adjust the coarseness. This thing only lasted for one very expensive cup of coffee. This is junk! RIPOFF! DO NOT BUY!
Update: I was shipped a replacement grinder with updated parts in December 2017. The grinder worked well until May 2018 and has the same issues as listed above. Plastic pieces inside the grinder break and cause the crank shaft to wobble and the ceramic burr will no longer grind consistently (range of sizes in ground varies greatly). I stand by my initial assessment, as this grinder cannot handle everyday use for more than 6 months at a time. If you make your own coffee everyday like I do, I would suggest spending more money for a better manual grinder that can take the pressure.