- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
KEF Bookshelf Speaker (Q150, Speaker Pair, White)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The KEF Q150 Bookshelf Speaker is the newest iteration of KEF award-winning Q Series. The Q150 features a new cabinet, sleek new finishes, and an improved 5.25" Uni-Q driver Array.
- The Q150 contains an enhanced Uni-Q Driver Array designed to smooth out treble frequencies, and reimagined crossovers to provide cleaner and more accurate bass.
- The front port has been moved to the back of the Q150 and internal architecture has been redesigned to reduce internal resonances to improve audio clarity.
- The Q150 is available in sleek matte Black and White vinyl finishes.
- Nominal Impedance: 8Ω (min.3.7Ω)
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Q150 proves that the best things come in small packages. A Uni-Q driver and CFD port mean it punches way above its weight. Q Series bookshelf speakers excel in small spaces. KEF's Uni-Q driver array plus Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) port tech equals high resolution and big sound. The Uni-Q driver array places the tweeter in the centre of the midrange and bass cone, bringing the acoustic ideal of a single point source closer than ever. The result, enhanced by KEF's 'tangerine' waveguide over the tweeter, is a more accurate three-dimensional sound that's dispersed evenly throughout the room.
From the manufacturer
The remarkable Q Series bookshelf speakers excel when space is limited. Featuring the signature KEF Uni-Q driver array with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) port design, the Q150s deliver detailed natural sound with high clarity and tight bass. A powerful 6.5 in. driver delivers deep powerful bass perfect for movies, television, and music.
Uni-Q sound taken to the next level
With the addition of the damped tweeter loading tube providing a gentle termination of sound produced from the back of the tweeter, lower treble performance is improved dramatically and a new low-distortion inductor on the crossover provides cleaner bass. To optimize the resolution and purity of the Q Series bookshelf speakers, the Uni-Q driver has been repositioned to the center of the cabinet to reduce unwanted internal resonance and adds refinement to their sonic clarity and detail.
Q Series Advanced Cabinet Design
In the Q Series Floorstanders the Uni-Q driver has been placed in sealed box within the cabinet. The closed box midrange cabinet design reduces the load on the Uni-Q midrange cone, increasing clarity and detail while delivering cleaner, punchier bass. Midrange clarity is enhanced again through improvements to the mid-bass driver that allowed the DC blocking capacitor to be eliminated. Its removal also created a more natural bass roll-off between the drivers.
Q Series Woofers
Low-frequency (LF) drivers now have a larger roll surround, along with a new spider suspension to produce cleaner bass at high volumes. A new cone structure improves midrange clarity, and an enhanced Auxiliary Bass Radiators (ABRs) with a new surround and rear suspension delivers better controlled and more impressive bass.
Founded in 1961, KEF has been providing the world's audiophiles with unparalleled sound quality. KEF is at the cutting edge of field-leading acoustic research, and a standard for everyone else to live up to.
Innovation is what sets KEF apart. The results are plain for all to see… and hear.
|KEF Q150||KEF Q350||KEF Q650c||KEF Q750||KEF Q950||KEF Q250c|
|Type||Two-way bass reflex bookshelf||Two-way bass reflex bookshelf||Two-way bass reflex centre||2.5-way bass reflex centre||2.5-way bass reflex centre||Two-way bass reflex centre|
|Drive Units||5.25 in. Uni-Q Driver Array||6.5 in. Uni-Q Driver Array||6.5 in. Uni-Q Driver Array||6.5 in. Uni-Q Driver Array / 6.5 in. Woofer / 2x 6.5 In. ABR||8 in. Uni-Q Driver Array / 8 in. Woofer / 2x 8 In. ABR||5.25 in. Uni-Q Driver Array / 2x 5.25 In. ABR|
|Frequency Response (±3dB)||51Hz - 28kHz||63Hz - 28kHz||64Hz - 28kHz||48Hz-28kHz||44Hz-28kHz||68Hz - 28kHz|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) mm||303x108x278||358x210x306||210x629x304||923x210x306||1062x244x328||180x525x214|
|Weight (kg) each||5.6||7.6||13.6||16.5||20.6||7.5|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top international reviews
I"m coming from M-Audio AV40s
100 square foot room
Used as PC speakers
Listening to FLACs
No external DAC (yet)
Mini 2.1 amp
I'm not an audiophile so I don't know the lingo, but here are my impressions
[ PROs ]
- This was really really freaky but for some some songs the singer was like floating in front of me and the music was coming off from the sides, it was like amazing. Other songs everything was coming out from the center, I'm guessing this depends on the orignal mix in the studio.
- I love the look
- I can hear the individual instruments like I can when I use headphones
- The price at $398 is not crazy expensive but yet way better than my previous speakers
[ CONs ]
- Lacks bass
- The banana plug caps were a pain to remove.