- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Kasumi 84020 Damascus Kitchen Knife, Stainless Steel
- 20cm Carving knife; ideal for slicing roast meats
- Made from VG-10 stainless steel clad with 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel, specially developed for the sharpest and strongest knives
- Damascus pattern is eye catching and rust free
- The handle is made from multiple layers of wood impregnated with a resin, a process that takes at least 3 months
- Lifetime warranty against manufacturing and workmanship defects
- Hand Crafted in Seki City, Japan
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Kasumi knives are hand crafted in Seki, Japan, by the Sumikama family, a 27th generation family of knife makers. Kasumi Damascus Knives are made from 32 layers of stainless steel folded around a middle layer which acts as the cutting edge. The middle cutting layer is made of V-Gold No. 10 high carbon stainless steel, a material specially developed for the sharpest and strongest knives. Kasumi knives are tempered and sharpened to create the "sharpest kitchen knife out of the box" and the special technique for this tempering is a closely guarded secret. The edge on a Kasumi knife is bevelled like a western style knife, however, the bevel is much larger than on a European or American brand. This larger bevel creates a sharper edge that lasts longer. The handle is made from multiple layers of wood impregnated with a resin, a process that takes at least 3 months. The handle is riveted with stainless steel rivets to the full handle tang. Hand made in Seki Japan by multi generation craftsmen.
|5 star 100% (100%)||100%|
|4 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|3 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|2 star 0% (0%)||0%|
|1 star 0% (0%)||0%|