- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.95 delivery
LEGO Classic Large Creative Brick Box 10698 Playset Toy
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes a wide range of LEGO bricks in 33 different colours. Features 8 different types of windows and doors with 8 different frames.
- Special pieces also include 2 different sized green baseplates, 3 sets of eyes, 6 tires and 6 wheel rims, to encourage imaginative building play. Large number of windows and doors facilitates classic LEGO construction.
- LEGO Classic is designed to inspire open-ended creativity with the LEGO brick.
- All models pictured can be built from this set simultaneously. Ideas included with the set and online at LEGO.com/classic to help you get started
- Comes in a useful plastic storage box. Green baseplates measures over 6" (16cm) long and 6" (16cm) wide and 4" (12cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide respectively.
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Build up a storm with this big box of classic LEGO® bricks in 33 different colours. With lots of different windows and doors, along with other special pieces to inspire you, you can really run with your imagination. With some ideas to get you started, this set provides the perfect creative toolkit for budding builders of all ages to enjoy some classic LEGO construction. It comes in a convenient plastic storage box and is an ideal supplement to any existing LEGO collection.
From the manufacturer
10698 LEGO Classic Large Creative Brick Box - 790 pcs.
- Makes a great gift idea because LEGO fans can always use more bricks
- Great introduction or addition to any LEGO collection
- Inspires and encourages free building and imagination
Endless Possibilities For Creativity And Imagination
Kids can start exploring their creative side with the LEGO Classic Large Creative Brick Box! This collection of LEGO bricks in 33 different colours provides the perfect creative toolkit for budding builders of all ages to enjoy some classic LEGO construction. With many different windows and doors, along with other special pieces, kids will stay busy for hours with all of the building options!
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would definitely recommend this instead of themed sets for younger kids.
Top international reviews
Une multitude de pièces minuscules (yeux, petits ronds de 3mm...) Très peu de briques classiques(2x3)..
La qualité Lego bien là mais assez chère pour le contenu même si 15€ de moins sur Amazon(35€) par rapport aux magasins classiques (49€99).
Un livret minimaliste est aussi inclus mais il ne présente peu d'intérêt...
Dommage qu'il n'existe pas de complément fait uniquement de briques classiques..
We in India tend to look for best value for money. And then we think this set with it's 790 blocks is great value for money as cost per block is low. But it doesn't add up. Reasons below
Benefits of Lego:
I read some story about a Women Nasa astronaut in Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls. Then when i read an interview of her, she spoke about how her father gave her lego toys instead of Barbie Dolls and that made all the difference in her perspective and early intelligence. I'll try to summarize below some points
1) Good imagination: Give your child a set of lego blocks and watch them trying to build things that they are imagining in their heads. Be in buildings or parks or airplanes. It may be small and simple but it is their creation
2) Spatial Intelligence: Our schools have subjects on verbal intelligence as well as mathematical intelligence. Anyone having taken an IQ test knows the third part of intelligence is spatial ability. Lego greatly improves that.
3) Abstraction: Once your child is comfortable with lego, try giving them a picture (of something build-able) and ask them to try and build it. I was surprised that this method worked for anything from Temple Gopuram to tree. When i thought back at the exercise I felt it involves sketching out the boundaries of the object in your head, translating it into blocks and then holding the image in your head and then building it. Such abstraction ability is very good and not easy to teach (drawing images seen also allows this to a large extent).
How to inculcate the lego habit in your child:
1) You need to sit with your child through the first few lego builds. You need to ensure they are not frustrated as their tiny hands try to manipulate the pieces into place. Lego learning is a lesson in patience for parent and child.
2) The first few times you allow them to build on their own, it will be bad. Don't tell them that. They are tranforming images they see into objects. These are obviously more simple translations that you are able to do in your head. That they are able to do it itself is worthy and deserves appreciation. Give them lot of encouragement whatever they build
3) Don't start building yourself!: This is super important. It is easy for a child to fall back on you building. Even if you show them something, break it and help them build it again on their own
4) Don't create monuments: Try to remove attachment to any one build. Make it a habit to break stuff after it is made so that everyday is a new start. This will encourage learning how to build from scratch. Note that this is only for the classic blocks and not Technic etc, which require more than a day to build
When to start Lego:
There are various lego types that are there. Though the recommended age is 5+ years, I can share my own experience of a younger child. I have a child who just turned 4. She has been building since she was 3. The Lego Classic sets are for people of this age. Children under 7 cannot really follow instructions given on the paper given with the set so Lego Creator and Technic are not recommended. So this brings the question - which lego?
Which Building Blocks:
I hope i have convinced you by now that building blocks are super important toys. This brings the question which Lego blocks is the right one for you.
1) Non Lego: Other brands than lego toys. There are some great options here, and are lower cost. They do have flaws and are not as enjoyable as Lego, but at sub 2000 price points, they are much better than buying few lego blocks.
2) Lego Duplo: This i believe is not great. Don't recommend this
3) Lego Classic: This shoudl be the standard buying option for starter Lego Kits. Apart from this 10698, there is 10696 and 10715. I would rate both of these higher than this particular set. Mainly because they are lower cost for the same standard blocks. Many of the blocks in this set are smaller blocks (1s and 2s). The main set of blocks you end up using are the 4*2 doubles which form the bulk of any structure getting built. You can get many of these with the 10696 as well
The main thing you cannot build with these sets is humans. Even with great imagination, they tend to look grotesque. Since human faces and figures form such a large part of a child's imagination, I recommend the *Lego City* blocks (see below) as a second buy after the lego classic.
3) Lego City: The main reason to buy lego city (even if they are overpriced) is that they provide people. The sets Lego City People's pack: Outdoor Adventures (60202) and Lego City Fun at the Beach (60153) are recommended here. This should be bought as the second or third set after Lego Classic. Just for these sets I would say that the price you pay is worthwhile even though the number of pieces is low, you will get your money's worth because you are using these sets as addon to the Lego Classic.
4) Lego Creator and Lego Technic: This can only be for much older children (over 7-10) or for those children who are very adept at Lego already. Else you will end up making most of it yourself rather than your child.
5) Other Lego branded ones (like Lego Disney or Lego XYZ Movie name): I don't suggest these at all. They are simply overpriced and branded
6) Lego baseplates: These are overpriced like anything but you may have to eventually buy them as the things your child builds become larger.
The main reason I reduce stars for this set is that I'm comparing with other lego set - 10696. You get more of the same blocks if you buy this one, but you can diversify and buy one people pack and one lego classic at the same price, go for that option.
I would suggest this at the stage where your child is building large sets and you need to add many more blocks to their play set. Maybe a couple of birthdays after you initially bought the first lego for your child. If you don't mind the extra money over the other lego classic sets, then this is worthwhile.
Für ein grosses Lego Technics Modell sieht der Fall und die Zielgruppe anders aus. - Aber hier hat Lego zu Lasten der Kunden gespart. Schämt Euch!
8 verschiedene Fenstertypen? Jeweils aber nur 1 maximal 2 Stück? 2 große Räder? Warum nicht 4?
Immerhin ist eine 16x16 und eine 12x6er Platte dabei, mit der kann man schon was anfangen.
Früher konnte man auch reine Steineboxen kaufen, jetzt zahlt man jede Menge unnützen Plunder mit.
Die Strategie von denen verstehe echt wer will. So kommt man für angemessenes Geld nicht zu ausreichend Bausteinen damit die Kleinen auch was Größeres bauen können, denn Kleinzeug wie in der "Anleitung" beschrieben will kaum ein Kind basteln. (Zumindest meines nicht)
Die Qualität der Steine ist wie gewohnt sehr gut und Lego ist halt ein tolles Spielzeug daher 3 Sterne
On a tous passé des heures à faire des constructions quand nous étions enfants.. Naturellement, nous voulons en acheter pour nos enfants.
Points positifs :
La qualité est toujours là; identique à celle des années 80.
va stimuler l'imagination de vos pitchounes
Ils vont jouer seuls ou avec les autres enfants
de nouveaux coloris sont disponibles et leurs héros favoris aussi :)
Les points négatifs :
LE PRIX !!!
Je trouve cela cher par rapport à la quantité de blocs dans cette boite (et encore, Amazon est souvent le moins cher) mais bon...
J'achète quand même, c'est un bon produit.
Il faut guetter les soldes et promos pour que le petit puisse construire tout ce qui lui passe par la tête (le vôtre aussi ne veux pas démonter ses constructions? lol "Faut en acheter d'autres maman")
Si mon commentaire vous a plu, cliquez sur "utile" juste en dessous de ce texte :) Merci :)
For £30 plus there are a disappointing number of actual bricks supplied. I was hoping for at least 1kg. But well less than half.
Secondly the storage box is mid Shaped and doesn’t interlink with other Lego branded storage boxes.
Over all not that impressed.
Also als Ergänzung zu unserem Lego echt toll.
Leider gibt es nicht viele Anleitungen dabei, aber Lego bedeutet ja Kreativität. ;)
Loads of space in the box, so you can put any other lego sets into it for a convenient storage solution for the lego. Well worth the price.
You need to buy the big mats seperately but other than that, it’s hours of fun.
Just as described and arrived in perfect condition.
Inoltre nonostante questa sia la scatola più grande in commercio, i pezzi sono sempre pochi e la possibilità di costruire resta sempre limitata. La lego non è più quella di una volta ... i pezzi sono sempre più tecnici e danno meno spazio alla fantasia.
Questo è il motivo delle mie tre stelle