- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Lagavulin 16 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 700ml
- 2015 Silver Outstanding Medal Winner - International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Intense, peat rich, sweet and salty
- Best enjoyed from a traditional whisky glass, neat or with a little still water
- Aged in oak casks for at least sixteen years, with massive peat-smoke but also offering a dryness that turns it into a truly interesting dram
- A perfect gift for lovers of peaty and powerful whiskies
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9 x 9.6 x 30.5 cm; 1.24 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 7 June 2020
- Manufacturer : Diageo plc
- ASIN : B002VZY62K
- Item Model Number : LAGAVULIN-16-43-70-6
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.com.au is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Lagavulin has a high reputation both at home and abroad; as a single whisky its reputation is unique, and it is one of the few Highland whiskies that can be drunk.
From the manufacturer
Lagavulin 16 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (Pronunciation: Laga-wulen)
The malt from Islay – Smoky and intense
Smoky and intense – that’s Lagavulin. The exquisite Lagavulin 16 Year Old has been produced in Lagavulin Bay since 1816 and is one of the smokiest whiskies in the world.
16 years of ageing
The Lagavulin 16 Year Old Single Malt impresses whisky lovers with its aroma of powerful peat smoke, a warm sweetness and a hint of sea salt & wood - 16 years of maturation give this malt its round & long lasting character!
- Aroma: Peat, dried fruit, sea salt, smoke
- Flavour: Pepper. peat, malt, dried fruits
- Finish: long, elegant, peaty and salty
- Full-bodied, warm & intense
- Stored in oak barrels
- Origin: Islay, Scotland
The king from Islay
Genuine whisky lovers have the Lagavulin Single Malt in their collection. No wonder this single malt is the most coveted and intensely flavoured single malt of Islay Island.
Smoky since 1816
Full bodied, intense and smoky – that’s Lagavulin 16 Year Old. The aromas of peat, smoke, and sea salt give the whisky its exquisite and special note.
Lagavulin Single Malt Scotch Whisky is unique and outstanding in taste: In 2018 the Islay Malt won two gold medals at the World Spirits Competition in San Francisco.
The smoky and intense aroma of the Lagavulin 16 Year Old is best served in a traditional whisky glass, neat or with a little water. It goes well with intense-flavoured cheeses and seafood.
Lagavulin – the flavour from Islay
Islay is an island in Scotland characterised by peat and bogs. Since 1816, the beautiful and picturesque Lagavulin Bay has been home to the Lagavulin distillery, which draws the water needed for producing whisky from the peaty Solan Lochs above the bay. This is why this malt develops a very special and intense peaty note during the production and the 16 year ageing process. The smoky, peated Lagavulin is seen as the ultimate expression of this region!
|Talisker 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 700ml||Dalwhinnie 15 Years Old Single Malt Whisky 700ml|
|Size||700 ml||700 ml|
|Origin||Isle of Skye (Scotland)||Scotland|
|Flavour notes||Sea salt, fruit, smoke, peat, pepper||Cereals, honey, vanilla, lemon|
|Type||Warm, smooth, strong, spicy||Intense, supple, warm|