- Product Dimensions: 14.5 x 29.1 x 33.5 cm ; 4.08 Kg
- Boxed-product Weight: 4.4 Kg
- Item Model Number: ZAC60-16116
- ASIN: B01MTCODOT
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 21 September 2018
- Customer Reviews: 2,922 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
1,292 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
- #22 in Cat Litter
PetSafe ScoopFree Lavender Non Clumping Crystal Cat Litter, 2-Pack
- LIGHT LAVENDER SCENT: Lightly scented litter is soothing for both you and your cat
- COMPATIBLE LITTER BOXES: Works with any traditional litter box and the PetSafe ScoopFree Reusable Litter Tray
- CONVENIENT PORTIONS: Includes two pre-portioned bags of premium PetSafe crystal litter with lavender scent ready for use (each bag weighs 4.5 lb.)
- UNBEATABLE ODOR CONTROL: Absorbs urine and dries solid waste for 5x better odor control than clumping clay litters
- LESS MESS: Premium PetSafe crystal litter is low-tracking and 99% dust-free
- PRODUCT SUPPORT: PetSafe brand's U.S.-based Customer Care experts will be glad to help; call Monday through Saturday
- EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading U.S. manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The PetSafe ScoopFree Premium Lavender Crystal Litter 2-Pack comes with two pre-portioned bags of PetSafe ScoopFree crystal cat litter in a soothing lavender scent. The crystals absorb moisture on contact to quickly remove odors instead of masking them, and can be used with any litter box or as refills for the PetSafe ScoopFree Reusable Litter Tray. When used with the PetSafe ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box and Reusable Litter Tray, one bag can last up to 30 days in a single-cat household!
Included in the Box
- 2 Pre-portioned Lavender Crystal Cat Litter Bags
- Cat Litter Bag Weight: 4.5 lb. per bag
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can my kitten use the ScoopFree box?
A: For kittens less than 6 months old, leave the litter box unplugged and scoop waste until they are over 6 months.
Q: How can I acclimate my cat to the crystal cat litter?
A: Most cats will easily adapt to the ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box, but some cats may need an adjustment period to get acclimated. Here are some helpful tips:
- Place the new ScoopFree litter box next to your cat's current litter box, allowing her to have access to both boxes for at least a week.
- Add a few handfuls of your cat's old, unused litter to the new crystal litter tray. You can also add some of the crystal litter to their current box.
- Stop cleaning your cat's old litter box, allowing it to remain dirty. Cats prefer a clean litter box, so this will help make the new ScoopFree litter box more appealing.
- Once your cat has transitioned to the ScoopFree box, remove her old box.
Q: How can I get the most use out of my ScoopFree crystal cat litter?
A: There are a few ways to maximize the life of your ScoopFree crystal cat litter:
- Place the ScoopFree litter box away from areas of high humidity, such as bathrooms, showers, and basements. Since the crystal litter controls odor by absorbing moisture, having extra moisture in the air will shorten the life of the tray. Try placing it in a room with moving air to pull away moisture, like a room with a fan.
- If your cat consistently urinates in the same spot, try stirring the crystals occasionally to help distribute saturated crystals.
- Cats with diets that are high in crude fiber and ash content will produce more solid waste, which can prematurely fill the waste trap. Consider changing your cat's diet to a food with no byproducts or fillers.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top international reviews
My evaluation included these criteria - Price, Odor after use, Tracking, Time needed before litter change, Cat Acceptance, Ease of care - scooping, changing, cleaning box after change. Most performed well on all criteria, except odor control. With crystal litter, I scoop poop daily and change litter weekly.
1. Ultra Micro Crystals Cat Litter, 5 pounds - Highest price per pound but the decisive winner. 2 cats 1 box, 1 5# bag per week.
2. Amazing Cat Litter, 8 pounds - high dust when filling box, good odor control
3. Pet Safe Scoop Free Premium Blue - low price per pound, some tracking
4. Ultra Pearls Cat Litter, 5 pounds - no tracking, 4 days odor coverage
5. Clear Choice Silica Crystals, 8 pounds - did not cover cat box odor at all
6. Fresh Step Crystals, 8 pounds - low price per pound, crystals track everywhere, same issues as non-crystal litters
But it's cheaper for me to get the three back of disposable trays! Plus I signed up for the amazon automatic shipping and I got them even cheaper. It's too bad that the litter, especially just the refills are so expensive.
Edit 02/2/17: although I really like this litter & its functionality, the last 2 shipments have been super dusty - to the point that if mr kitty uses it and the sun is coming through the window there is a cloud of dust that lingers afterwards for several minutes. I've also noticed anytime he uses his box he breathes heavy for a bit afterwards, so I also wonder if that's been part of our breathing/sneezing issues as of late also? So as much as I like how well it works, I can't deal with the dust from it so gonna have to find an alternative. Deducting 2 stars for now. May revisit the product at a later time.
-It is easier to clean every day - just scooping out the solids and mixing the the litter around to avoid areas of over-saturation. A lot easier and less messy.
-There is definitely less litter tracking outside of the pan. I'm not finding random bits of litter all around my apartment (a little bit of tracking remains on the litter mat and immediate surrounding area).
-It's saving on Litter Genie refills - with no urine clumps going into the Litter Genie, it doesn't need to be emptied as often.
-It is very dusty. It is as dusty, or possibly more dusty, than the traditional clumping litter. I'm not sure if it's the batch I got and might try another brand of silica litter to see.
-It won't last a month (directions say to change out the litter once a month). At just over a week in, the urine smell is fairly pungent in the immediate litter box area. This is with only one cat, and I even used two bags to fill the box (because it's a large litter box - one bag didn't fill it). It really is going to need to be changed out every 2 weeks - I saw this in other reviews and thought maybe those people were just extra neat or had a lot of cats using the same boxes. I would say if your litter box is in an area you inhabit, or if your cat is particular about having a clean litter pan, you're not going to get to a month. If you have multiple cats I can't imagine using this - you might even struggle to get to 2 weeks and need weekly changing.
-Considering that I don't think I can get a month out of it and had to use 2 bags to fill the box, it's EXPENSIVE. At the end of the day, there's no way I'm going to spend $40+ a month on cat litter. Unfortunate because it really is easier on a daily basis.
(Update) 2 weeks later!
Oh gosh! The pee does not dry! This litter is just horrible (picture included) exactly 2 weeks later. I had no idea how to dump it out, had to scoop out all the wet crystals.