LinkTap Wireless Water Timer & Gateway, Cloud Controlled Tap Timer with Zigbee Technology, Greater Wireless Coverage than Wi-Fi, 2 Years Battery Life, Quick 2 Minutes Installation, Rain Skip
|Price:||& FREE Delivery|
- WATER YOUR PLANTS FROM ANYWHERE with a Smartphone, Tablet or Computer: 6 different work modes (Instant mode, Calendar mode, Month mode, Interval mode, Odd-even mode and 7-day mode) give you fully flexible watering control. With up to 100 watering cycles per day, each watering cycle duration lasts up from 1 min. to 23 hours 59 mins. Works with Alexa and Google Home for voice control.
- SAVE WATER: Rain Skip feature saves you water by automatically skipping watering cycles before or after it rains. Instant Mode allows you to easily turn the water off in a real-time manner whenever needed. ECO function saves water by repeatedly opening and closing the valve during the watering cycle, allowing more soak-in and less run off.
- GREATER WIRELESS COVERAGE THAN WIFI: LinkTap Wireless Water Timer uses proprietary Zigbee protocol which has greater wireless coverage and more reliable connection than WiFi. Low power design with over 2 years battery life. One LinkTap Gateway can control up to 8 LinkTap Wireless Water Timers simultaneously. Up to 3 LinkTap gateways can be accessed from one LinkTap user account.
- TWO MINUTES INSTALLATION: Super easy to install and use, can be controlled either from mobile app or web app. Designed in Australia for outdoor usage, with an IP66 waterproof design that sustains harsh weather conditions and comes with a 2 Years warranty.
- HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL FREE LINKTAP APP (Android and iOS) and Web App: Receive real time notifications on your phone for watering start or end, rain skip, battery low, gateway offline events. View 90 days rain skip & watering history data, real-time watering progress and your local weather forecast in the LinkTap App.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Check out new released LinkTap G2 wireless water timer on https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B082SFK7G9
From the manufacturer
Access Your Wireless Water Timer Anywhere, Anytime
LinkTap helps customers save money, reduce water usage, and provide a convenient way to tend a garden as it is an app controlled, weather-aware automatic-watering system for the garden that doesn’t rely on a human presence on site.
The easy setup is ready within two minutes, making it ideal for sprinklers, drip irrigation and much more. The system works flawlessly for two years with just one set of 4 AA batteries, and the six app-controlled work modes meet the most advanced watering requirements, allowing you to water instantly, on specific calendar dates, with intervals between watering, or on a weekly basis, from anywhere at any time.
● 2-minute easy setup
● Long-distance wireless coverage
● Robust & long-lasting, with 2 year battery life
● Made from all-weather material
● Rain Skip function to save water
● 6 watering modes plus ECO to match your schedule
● Real-time status updates sent to your phone
● Control 15 water timers with one gateway
● Real-time watering progress available in app
● Watering and rain skip history of past 90 days
Setup is easy and straightforward with our step-by-step guide inside the box. Connect the gateway to your router, register the hardware in the app with a simple QR code, and you’re ready to go!
Long-Distance Wireless Coverage
LinkTap products provide over 2 times the range of WiFi with reliable wireless communication between the gateway and water timer. The gateway is designed to function alongside the water timer up to 200m away in line-of-sight.
The customisable Rain Skip function checks the local weather forecast before starting each watering session - so if too much rain has fallen on your plants in recent hours/days, or rain is coming in next hours/days, the following session will be skipped - saving you water, saving you money, and saving your plants from waterlogging.
Real Time Notifications, No Matter What
Each time a watering cycle starts, ends, is skipped, or if the battery is low or the gateway offline, you will be notified on your phone in real time - no matter where you are.
A Range of Watering Options
The LinkTap app allows you to select a wide variety of watering modes, whether you aim to start watering every other day, every morning, on a specific date, or on any other specific schedule. Watering duration ranges from 1 minute to 23 hours 59 minutes, with the option of up to 100 watering cycles per day.
Intuitive and Powerful App
The free, highly-functional LinkTap mobile app and web app can be accessed from any Android or Apple phone, tablet, or computer - allowing you to set and check your watering schedule remotely. Languages available for the mobile app are English, Español, Deutsch, Français, Italiano and 中文.
Safety Mindset Design
LinkTap’s approach to power safety means that you’re always protected - if a power outage occurs, any watering in progress will end as usual and if only your home Internet service is down, watering will still take place as scheduled.
High Quality Inside and Outside
A high-pressure-resistant solenoid valve ensures your water timer can sustain for years. UV-resistant exterior and waterproof design protects against damage from harsh weather conditions. Designed for every type of weather, the water timer is robust, sturdy, and reliable.
Use LinkTap in Your Smart Home
LinkTap timers can be set or controlled throughout your smart home by speaking with Alexa or Google Home (via IFTTT). It’s as simple as giving the command!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
These are well made. They handle high and low water pressure well. Battery level hasn't moved since installed. The extra distance in Zigby comms over wifi and bluetooth is amazing.
BUT: You need a live internet connection to change on/off.
Tap timer and gateway connect with ease, mine is a good 10m with a brick wall apart.
All seems to be well thought through. Device seems to be robust too.
Top international reviews
I am using it connected to a micro-irrigation system that is feeding my roses in my garden plus a hanging basket.
The watering interval is set to every morning and evening for 10 or 15 minutes.
Tip : If you make your own micro-irrigation system it's very easy, but make sure to buy adjustable flow dripers otherwise your flow will decrease with the length of your PE Tubing.
Delivery: Next day.
Installation: As long as you are able to remove and put back 4 small screws(they provide a small screwdriver), insert 4 AA batteries(not provided, recommend alkaline ones ), install an app on your phone , and plug in the gateway to your main as well as the router you can't fail. It took me a probably 10 minutes to get it work but that includes everything from unpacking to literally using it. Tip: Because the gateway connects to your router with a wire you might find that is better to buy a WiFi extender (£15-£20) with a UTP port and put that closer to your tap and connect the gateway to it. In this case you will get a very strong and stable connection between your tap and the gateway and probably it will help you saving the tap batteries.
- The app is very intuitive and easy to use.
- Notifications on your phone are brilliant.
- Eco mode: Basically if you want to water your plants/garden for 10 minutes you can activate the ECO mode and the tap will be open (by default) for 1 minute and closed 1 minute. This will allow your soil to soak the water better. Note: For a 10 minutes watering cycle with ECO mode on it will actually take 19 minutes to finish because the time when the tap is closed is not counted.
- It works with Alexa. I just installed the skill asked the question and it worked straight away.
- Rain Delay: I got it only 2 weeks ago, but I have to say that it worked perfect when it rained, and by that I mean it skipped the watering. I would expect this feature to fail from time to time because it's based on a forecast.
- After 2 weeks the batteries level is still at 100%
- Wireless Signal between the tap and the gateway is 100%. In my case I have the gateway behind the wall where the tap is fitted so I would expect to get a good Signal, but not 100% .
- Very good customer support: basically you contact them on their Facebook page and they will respond very quickly
- If your internet connection is down you can't control the tap or configure ( I think the intervals that you have set will be executed).
-If their servers are down the same thing (it happens once since I have it and they apologized an said it was the first time when this happened. I will come back to edit this after 1-2 months of usage)
- The biggest Con in my point of view is the lack of a manual button on the tap where you just go there and switch it on/off. This would be useful because of the things I've mention above and also if you are in the garden and want to get a short burst of water from your tap you can't do it unless you get your phone.
Overall it's a very good product and even if I found a couple of cons it's still a 5 stars product from my point of view and I am considering to buy the second tap.
Thankfully all the reviews have been positive (other than home network issues) and the hardware and software seem to work as they should for most people.
So I took the plunge and bought this - and have recently added a second tap unit.
Setup is a breeze, the app speed response almost instant for direct watering control, and the ability to set schedules simple. If there's rain forecast in the watering location the app knows how much - and it it is over a threshold that you choose then it can skip a watering session if you switch rain skip on.
The on-off solenoid seems to be a better design than the whirring valves in my experience- an old solenoid gardena timer lasted for ages and having all of the hozelock whirring valves fail in their kit I'm happy with the concept and the LinkTap units seem bulletproof.
So far I have had no issues. The app is excellent and responsive - even logging historical watering use. The hub connection hasn't lost once so far (unlike the previous hozelocks) and I have just easily connected my second tap unit.
Flaws in my opinion are very very few, but the 6 screws for the battery compartment are very fiddly (tho they do give a spare) and I would not like to change the batteries in situ connected to a tap for fear of losing one or two.
The inability to give names to the tap units seems odd when naming the hub is permitted - knowing which tap units are being programmed is more helpful than which hub is being used especially as most users will only have 1 hub and might have several tap units - EDIT - I have found you can rename the tap units - use the right arrow to go to the watering options and choose 'device options' at the top.
The hozelock app had a nice feature for timed watering at dusk or dawn - which doesn't seem possible with this app - you need to keep the same times each day.
And the physical on-off switch on each tap unit is a worry- knocking it is possible, and anyone can access it. Switching it off if water is flowing through the unit means that the tap remains flowing until the unit is switched back on, or the tap is turned off. Unlikely, but offers the possibility of mischeif.
Overall - very happy - quality, instructions and execution seem first class. If anything changes I will report back.
Firstly, using a remote higher-powered bespoke transmitter means the device can ‘see’ a signal when in the garden, some distance from the hub. Wifi solutions often fail to provide coverage and Bluetooth systems can’t be remotely accessed.
Secondly, a stated two year battery life avoids the need for external power.
Thirdly, the controlling software does everything - multiple operational modes, rain awareness, near-immediate manual control and watering history all supported.
We use this with a Gardena Octopus, and it drives it perfectly. I have been searching for such an item for years, with a box full of other devices that did only provided some of the necessary functions. This solution dies everything - it works.
1. There is no manual override on the unit. If you want to use a hose or fill a watering can you can use the manual override on your mobile device but this can be a bit fiddly. I used a tap adaptor to get around this which works very well and I don't get my phone wet any more (see pic).
2. If the unit is in direct sun it can overheat. It worked fine for 2 weeks with a low signal (16%) but the day I went away the temperature hit 27C and the connection failed. This caused a bit of a panic as I was 300 miles away and had to call in some favours, but by early evening the connection came back. This may have been partly because of the poor (but workable) connection so I have added a Wi-Fi extender to my network - one that has a network socket for the controller unit to plug into (see pic). I have also shaded the unit to avoid direct sunlight.
Despite these issues I am pretty impressed with the whole product and looking forward to adding a second unit to the system.
I've struggled to find any other battery powered systems that do the same thing until this popped up as an Amazon recommendation. Set it up this morning and couldn't be happier. The pairing process is easier, the app better designed, manual overrides are instantaneous, it just seems so much better thought out. Can't comment on battery life at the moment but they claim two years - it uses Zigbee protocol which I understand uses much less power than wireless (which wasn't really designed for this kind of application).
Also loving the idea of the automatic rain skip feature, again not used in anger but if it works will mean an end to waiting 20 minutes for the sprinklers to tun off while it's pouring with rain!
A few reasons why it is so good. Firstly if you have a very large garden like me you can create a gateway quasi mesh system to make sure all sprinklers have coverage (not that this seems to be needed, range is far more extensive than even my home security system which by the way can't mesh so already LinkTap is ahead of the game).
Secondly the app is super simple to use, has an auto rain system to not turn on, a series of failsafe controls to ensure that even a network outage won't stop the tap from turning on.
The third and final great aspect about this system is that it feels and acts as if it was built by professionals for professionals. The devices are sturdy, look like they could withstand heavy weather conditions. Excellent build quality on comparison to other devices out there. Also surprisingly quiet when in operational.
All I can say is that I can't believe I didn't discover this item before now. If you are reading this then I urge you to buy this products in favour of any others. Put simply this is the best product out there.