|Item Weight||1.48 kg|
|Product Dimensions||49.38 x 44.93 x 43.51 cm|
Litter Genie Plus Pail, Ultimate Cat Litter Disposal System, Locks Away Odors, Includes One Refill, Black
- AS EASY AS 1-2-3 - From the makers of Diaper Genie, our nose-friendly, life-improving cat litter disposal system works in just three steps. Scoop the pet waste, open the lid and drop the clumps, and pull the handle to lock away litter and odors.
- HASSLE-FREE ODOR CONTROL - With antimicrobial to inhibit odors caused by bacteria on the pail, and a refill that lasts 10 weeks for one cat (that's 30% longer than our standard refill), the Litter Genie Plus pail locks away germs and odors to keep your house smelling fresh.
- JACKSON GALAXY APPROVED - As a cat behaviorist for over 20 years, Jackson Galaxy, the official Cat Daddy, understands what it takes to create a happy home for cats and the people who love them. Litter Genie is a necessity (not a luxury) in his home and that’s why he recommends this cat litter disposal system to all cat owners across America.
- KISS TRASH TRIPS GOODBYE - The pail holds up to 14 days of cat litter (for one cat) so you can spend more time playing with your kitty and less time making daily trash trips.
- A PURRFECT FIT - The compact design makes Litter Genie Plus perfect for small spaces and homes with multiple litter boxes. Discreetly store your pail in a cabinet or small space near your cat's litter box for quick, hassle-free clean up.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Litter Genie disposal system provides a convenient, effective solution for getting rid of soiled cat litter. Pails come preassembled with everything you’ll need to help prevent litter odors. The pail can hold up to two weeks of cat waste (for one cat) - eliminating the everyday hassle of going to the outside garbage. Additionally, the unique Pail design and 7-layer disposable bag controls odors, keeping your home smelling fresh and you, and your cat, happy.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This is unfortunate because the bin does otherwise do what it should.
Top international reviews
No, there isn't. There is an infuriatingly small, seems like it was designed as a cheap slapdashed version of the Diaper Genie pail that is marketed as a Litter Genie. This thing is terrible. I'm not sure how people can stand this on a daily basis, let alone multiple times a day for cleaning.
So *ahem* Pros (such as they are):
- It has a lid
- It's compact
- It has a scoop holder on the side
Cons (and they are many):
- The sliding partition designed to keep the odors in (wtf. Seriously). You have to pull this spring-loaded sliding thing out while spooning the dirty litter in. Think you could just scoop litter willy nilly and then pull out the trap door at the end? Think again-- this thing doesn't have enough space to hold more than one scoop of poop and one scoop of clumped litter. If you have one cat with minimal bathroom habits then yay. If not, you're literally sh** out of luck.
- The pail's size is too small to make its "contains smells" purpose remotely useful. The idea is you can wait to take out bags of litter because your little pail will keep the smells contained. But this thing fills up if you clean a multi-cat litter box more than once a day (which, you should, ya'll. Just sayin'). It fills up fast, and you can't quite tell when it has until it's too late (see above) at which point you have to bail out the top of the pail in order to get the bag pulled down to the cutter without causing a horrible mess.
- Diaper Genie bags aren't super sturdy, but they're just holding diapers so it works. If they bust open it's not THAT bad to grab a trash bag and contain the spill. I assumed the Litter Genie bags would be sturdier. I mean, cat litter ain't pampers, amiright? They're not. These bags split open so freaking often my vacuum probably needs therapy from being made to eat sh** all the time. The bags split open if you're trying to push down the litter, they split open as you're pulling it down to the cutter, they split open when you're lifting it out, they'll split open if you somehow miraculously get them out your door intact on the way to the trash can. My house has been covered in feces several times. Yes, this is partially my fault for keeping animals that I literally allow to sh** in a box in my house, but that's in the box. They do their thing over there and I clean it up and we don't look each other in the eye for a few minutes after and pretend it's not happening. If we don't think about it then we won't freak out. But the Litter Genie has spread these cat feces in a trail across my living room floor, across my dining room, in my foyer, out my front door, etc. You get the idea. My cats and I are now struggling to ever make eye contact because there is now a proverbial elephantine pile of sh** in the middle of our relationship.
- This thing doesn't have any of the convenience of the Diaper Genie in terms of opening-- the Diaper Genie has a step-open, you know, because if you've got sh** in your hands maybe you don't want to have to juggle and fiddle and curse open a lid on a plastic pail. Not so Litter Genie. You've got to pry its lid open whilst scooping, dumping, pulling out the spring-trap odor container thing, WHILE trying to find more curse words to describe the horror of the situation.
- It's cheap. This is cheap plastic, with an infuriating little spring trap door thing that you have to pull out while contemplating the life choices that led you to this point: cursing a blue streak while scooping animal waste into a glorified overly complicated trash can, taking forever as a trio of cats pace nearby waiting to hop in and ruin all your hard work.
Would I be so infuriated if I encountered this as some fifth grader's Science Fair project? Heck no. In that case, it's brilliant, in theory. Points for creativity. Some sort of cheap diaper genie hack? AWESOME! I paid $15 for this thing and another $15 for a pack of 4 refills? You've got to be (@#*&)*#@% me.
No. Just say no. Run away. Go buy a cheap little waste basket with a pedal opener and then slap a little deoderizer inside the lid and you'll have A) saved $$ and B) saved yourself the rage scooping and the deteriorating relationship with the felines in your life.
You can minimize bag waste by clamping the bag with a couple of 4 inch zip ties. It's really the best way to empty the pail since the odors stay locked in and you're less likely to contaminate the outside of the bag. Make sure you cinch them on tight. They're rated for 19 lbs and I've never had one break open on me. I store the zip ties on the bottom of the genie pail so they're always where I can find them.
I've also read some complaints about smell. Just spray some Lysol around the rim and let the Lysol dry on the plastic. It should keep bacteria from breeding under the closed lid.
I don't know how frequently I will need to empty the bin, or how long the rather pricey cartridge will last, but its seems manageable for the benefit.
I bought the plus size for my two indoor cats. it's not obtrusive, aboutbthe size of a bathroom pedal bin.
My only gripe is the price of the refills so as I’ve just emptied it for the first time, I’m trying a hack to save on buying refills too often. It involves a clip and a carrier bag. We shall see. I’ll still love it even if the hack doesn’t work!
En cuanto a su funcionalidad es EXCELENTE, no sé qué otras opciones hay pero para mí no hay nada mejor que tener un contenedor para desechar lo que saco de la caja de arena ¡y que no despida olores!
Viene con una pala de plástico y no se ve mal en las áreas comúnes. Básicamente lo que hace es tener un tubo de bolsa donde van cayendo los residuos, y conforme caen el tubo de bolsa va dejando salir más plástico. Tienes que tener cuidado de hacer un buen nudo al inicio, sino se te hará un desorden.
En algunas ocasiones tienes que mover el contenedor como terremoto para que bajen los residuos.
Al parecer el contenedor tiene que cerrar por la mitad y solo abrirse si tú presionas el botón, el mío se abre solo porque no parece funcionar el seguro de plástico, me incomoda un poco porque muevo el contenedor a otra habitación cuando limpiaré la caja de arena, pero no es mayor problema y la verdad estoy muy contenta con esto de que no haya olores ni se vean bolsas con heces por la casa, así que sí lo recomiendo, solo no me convence el precio, la próxima vez que lo vea en oferta compraré otro para la otra caja de arena que tengo.