- Boxed-product Weight: 816 g
- ASIN: B0002Z15Z2
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 5 March 2019
- Customer Reviews: 374 customer ratings
Lixit Glass Tube Water Bottle, Tuff Tube, 16 Ounces
|Price:||+ $14.74 Delivery|
- DURABLE DESIGN: The Tuff Tube Water Bottle has a reinforced tip to stand up to large birds' forceful bite. The Tuff Tube resists damage caused by birds chewing on the tube, so their water bottle will last longer!
- FOR POWERFUL PARROTS: This product is made for large birds such as parrot species like macaws and cockatoos, who notoriously crush tubes with their destructive beaks
- CHEW PROOF: The Lixit glass water bottle is also chew-proof, keeping harmful plastic away from your animal
- EASY TO CLEAN: Lixit glass water bottles have a stainless steel drinking tube can be easily sanitized
- DID YOU KNOW: A large macaw has the bite strength of 500 to 700 pounds per square inch, which is close to that of a large dog bite!
Size: 16 Ounce, Tuff Tube
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Lixit Glass Bird Water Bottle 16oz Tuff Tip 5/8 inHeavy duty glass bird waterer. Stainless steel locking holder. Protects your bird's health and virality by always having clean water to drink. Attaches to cage easily. Replacement parts available if needed. Can also be used for small animals that love to chew-up bottles. The mounting washers can be mounted onto horizontal, vertical or diagonal cage wire (as on a chain link fence). Tighten screws securely.Suggested for cockatoos, macaws, large dogs, etc. RECOMMENDED FOR USE ON OUTSIDE KENNELS AND CAGES. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE WITH DOG CRATES. Heavy Duty Glass BottleHangs on the Cage
Glass, Stainless Steel, Rubber
Customers who bought this item also bought
|5 star 62% (62%)||62%|
|4 star 12% (12%)||12%|
|3 star 6% (6%)||6%|
|2 star 8% (8%)||8%|
|1 star 13% (13%)||13%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
Since this is meant to be mounted on a cage, I made a simple walnut wood stand for it only using some of the supplied parts. did an inset with a router to catch any drips. Doesn't drip when it's static, just due to messy animals. The size is good, not sure how much a larger dog would drink (ours is 6.5 pounds, and the cat weighs the same).
What I especially like is that the 16 oz bottle keeps the water clean and it's more than a 28 day supply even with occasional "extra drips" which amount to nothing. Last November shortly after installing it, I was unexpectedly kept for 3 days in the hospital due to complications during surgery. Because I had made sure that my birds would have food & water for even longer, they were safe and healthy when I did return. (that meant that even the person volunteering to check on them had nothing to do but look in on them). That makes product worth its price and then some.
Read the instructions, do a tryout, then you won't have any trouble installing the product on the cage or crate.
My second issue is the drinking tube does not fit through smaller bars without bending them - if you don't have wide bar spacing, you will be bending your bars to wedge this through your cage. It's doable, but also annoying. I have a Brown-headed parrot (similar to a Senegal parrot), and I wanted the larger capacity water bottle for when I went on vacation, but the drinking tube is quite large, just FYI.
• Easy to clean (large opening)
•Does not drip, good seal
•Bracket holds it in place even when my parrot likes to climb all over it
•Rubber plug sticks out some and is no protected and my parrot likes to chew on it.
•Don't order from this seller. Buy directly though website.