LuxHaus 58mm Calibrated Pressure Tamper for Coffee and Espresso
|Price:||+ $12.16 Delivery|
- YOUR ESPRESSO WILL TASTE BETTER - For perfectionists who demand the best possible tasting espresso shot - our calibrated tamper ensures you get a 100% PERFECT TAMP EVERY TIME. The tamper is pressure sensitive - when fully compressed, the coffee grounds in the portafilter are compacted with consistent pressure every time - the perfect tamp for the best tasting espresso possible.
- FOOD SAFE STAINLESS STEEL - Your health is our #1 priority. Rest assured that you are getting your money's worth here. We use the highest quality, food-safe 100% stainless steel for our tampers' base with no coating. Don't buy other cheaper tampers as they may flake off metal pieces into your grounds when tamping. Your well-being is too important to risk it.
- SAVE TIME AND MONEY - Step up to by far the highest quality tamper available anywhere at this price point. You will never need to buy another tamper again, and will save time, money and frustration. Once you taste the rich aroma of smoothly tamped espresso from your own machine you will forget about your local coffee shop and prefer to make your own.
- IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS - The elegant red velvet pouch makes the LuxHaus tamper an ideal gift for any coffee enthusiast and home barista looking to get the most out of her espresso machine. It also doubles up as great place to store your tamper, fitting nicely into your drawer and keeping it well protected or looking great right on your counter-top.
- PLEASE MEASURE YOUR COFFEE FILTER BEFORE ORDERING! - To ensure the best experience, we recommend that you measure your coffee filter by following our tamper sizing guide to size your tamper perfectly. We are so confident that you will love our espresso tamper set that we are offering all customers a lifetime satisfaction guarantee. If at any point you decide you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, just drop us an email and we will refund 100% of the money.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
Seller keeps abusing the Amazon buyer-seller messaging system harassing me to take down this review. No, LuxHaus, getting an honest report on your poor product taken down does NOT quallify as “Additional information required from Amazon seller”. STOP HARASSING ME.f
Nice on the outside, poorly made on the inside, but workable with some cleaning. Really best as a training tool.
Here's what you need to know about this, coffee nerds:
1) The handle and the stainless press are really nice. Matte black anodized aluminum and good machining on the stainless.
2) The internals are shamefully bad. Absolutely shocking. There's a stainless (I hope it's stainless) hex piece that screws onto the base. That's actually okay. Then there's a threaded nut with an internal hex opening. Machining on this looks like it was done by drunks. No deburring. Zero. Off the lathe, into the box. THERE ARE METAL SHAVINGS LOOSE, which are exposed and ready to FALL OFF INTO YOUR COFFEE. Then there's an off the shelf spring, and another poorly machined aluminum fitting. The top aluminum fitting actually had a huge extra lip leftover from the cutoff operation. Wow. Just wow. And all still covered in machining fluid, not that you'd have guessed by the torn surface finish.
3) NO, IT'S NOT 30 lbs. It's 30 lbs at some point in the stroke, but I could easily get between 20 and 45 lbs on a calibrated scale. I find putting my pinky finger between the base and handle, then pressing until it *just* starts to squeeze on it is a near perfect 30.
PS: LuxHaus was kind enough to send me a replacement tamper because the first one delivered had scratches in the metal. I appreciate their great customer service, but the issue I described above is a real problem that cannot be avoided - and is an unrelated issue to the scratch problem which LuxHaus graciously solved. If LuxHaus ever decides to make a new run without the engraved logo on the side and improved calibration of the tamp, then I would reconsider.
Tamper feels solid and quality seems really good. Well worth the low cost in comparison to the other ~$100 calibrated tampers.
BTW, with respect to the pressure accuracy issue... I can't especially vouch of my decidedly non-laboratory test methodology. Such as it was, however,it consisted of using our bathroom digital scale (with, of course a clean folded-over paper towel between the tamper and scale for sanitary purposes! ;-) ). I then pressed the tamper down on the scale just to the tamper's fully depressed position and then held it there in place until the scale readout registered, without noticeably increasing the pressure beyond that needed just to hold the tamper in place in its fully depressed position. I repeated this three times and got readings of 27.9 lbs, 33.1 lbs & 29.6 lbs, respectively. To me, those readings seem reasonably close to 30 lbs...
Over all I am very happy with my purchase. It will help with your shots to deliver consistency and eliminate the inconsistencies of not tampering your coffee right as long as you distribute the coffee before tampering. Don’t hesitate to buy this tool. It will help in making good shots. I honestly thought I was buying a very cheap tamper, for the price it is very well worth it. Thanks LuxHaus!!
Consistent tamping is critical when dialing in your grind. If your tamping pressure changes even a little, it will have significant impact on the pull and will become an unpredictable variable when you are trying to get the grind setting just right.
This tamper will take that variable out of your equation, allowing you to focus solely on either dose or grind until you get things perfect. Then it will keep that tamping pressure the same so you don't lose that perfect shot you worked so hard to get.
It's solidly made, polishes the puck well with a smooth flat bottom. The handle is reasonably ergonomic and feels good.
Should also note that my item was lost when initially shipped to me. Seller quickly resolved this issue and sent me a replacement item at not extra cost. Seller - Luxhaus - gets 5 stars as well.
Haven't tried those costing upwards from $150, so don't know if there is such a difference in performance. But then, TMO, we are talking $10K car with $5K rims on it. Unless I am buying a pro espresso machine along with a pro grinder, don't think it's justified for me: likely, diminishing return for the money spent.
Also, want to mention: my first tamper came with a small but fairly deep scratch at the bottom edge. Luxhaus customer service responded right away and sent me a replacement in perfect condition - no questions asked! So rest assured, they stand by their products.
There is a mention re: workmanship quality of inner parts. I am a pretty picky guy, and mine two came quite well machined inside out including the hex pieces (well, with the exception of that scratch). So, maybe it was a fluke for that customer, or I got lucky... Also, the pressure on both is very consistent in 29.8-31 lbs range when the springs were engaged, but not compressed completely (bathroom scale - so, not precise or scientific). Took at least 10-15 measurements on each of them; hence, the range.
what a difference it makes! i could see and taste the improved result instantly! the tamping was the best looking one i ever done and somehow it brought out the pleasant sweet taste i didn't know that existed before (i have been using the same coffee beans for years, but was never truly happy about it until now!)
the packaging, the thank you card, and the follow up bonus gift download were all nice little touches! i couldn't believe i hadn't purchased this sooner years ago to improve my espresso experience! the product felt totally solid right out of the box. it really is a great value for the price! I loved it!!