Other Sellers on Amazon
FREE Delivery on first order. Details
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
Follow the Author
Magnolia Paperback – 5 April 2011
Enhance your purchase
From the Publisher
From the Inside Flap
There are certain films and shows that resonate with audiences everywhere―they generate discussion and debate about everything from gender, class, citizenship and race to consumerism and social identity. This new “teachable canon” of film and television introduces students to alternative classics that range from silent film to CSI.
- What other film can claim that it ends with frogs falling from the sky as the rain pours and the male leads cry? The final catharsis offered in Paul Anderson’s Magnolia drips with affect that would rival any “weepie” film.
- From the over-the-top performances by male and female leads to the "ripped from the pages of the Old Testament" conclusion, Magnolia it is a cult favorite in American cinema that students know and love.
- Magnolia is a powerful pedagogical vehicle allowing for an exploration of a range of topics including the role of the auteur, what constitutes cinema and media literacy in the digital age, and the politics of postmodernism - in order to challenge students to ask themselves why they are so riveted by this controversial and unusual film.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (5 April 2011)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 136 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1405184612
- ISBN-13 : 978-1405184618
- Dimensions : 13.97 x 1.14 x 21.72 cm
- Customer Reviews: