- Product Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 18 cm ; 249 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 281 g
- ASIN: B07FX91R9N
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 22 August 2018
- Customer Reviews: 4 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,114 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.95 delivery
+ $9.95 delivery
+ $9.90 delivery
Melrose MCT Oil Original 250mL
- Organic MCT oil that provides a ‘kick start’ of natural energy with moderate duration
- Helps you reach ketosis more quickly. Promotes fat burning and weight loss
- Sustainably sourced from 100% organic coconuts – no palm oil!
- A keto-friendly blend of MCTs C8 and C10 that’s great for those new to MCT oils
- Melrose was the first to introduce MCT oil into the Australian market in 1995
Size Name: Small, 250ml
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Melrose MCT Oil Original is an all-round formula that provides a ‘kick start’ of natural energy. Our MCT oils are derived from organic coconuts sourced from sustainable farms in the Philippines. They’re ideal for those starting out with MCT oils, or following a ketogenic diet or an intermittent fasting regime.
Melrose was one of the founders and leaders in premium daily health oils within Australia back in 1984, and was the first to introduce MCT oil into the Australian market in 1995. Our MCT oils are palm oil free, 100% coconut derived (no nasty additives), and keto and paleo friendly.
Flavour-free, Melrose MCT oils are easy to add to your favourite food or drink. We love them in coffee. Just add a tablespoon to your morning brew to feel the energising effects.
WHAT ARE MCTs?
Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) are a particular type of dietary fat containing fatty acids between 6 and 12 carbon chains in length. They’re most commonly found in coconut and palm oils.
Most of the dietary fats we eat are long chain fats, which require the gut to break them up into smaller 'packets' for digestion. Medium chain triglycerides bypass the usual absorption process and are instead transported directly to the liver, where they’re converted into immediate fuel (ketones) rather than being stored as fat in the body.
Ketones fuel both the brain and body, giving us an energy boost, aiding mental clarity, and clearing ‘brain fog’. That makes ketones beneficial for people doing high-performance activities (such as sports, studying or demanding jobs) as well as people trying to lose weight or achieve ketosis.
BENEFITS OF MELROSE MCT
- Increases fat burning and will help you get into ketosis
- Improves mental performance and cognition
- Does not cause spikes in blood sugar levels or inflammatory responses like glucose
- Enhances general health, wellbeing, and immunity
- May assist with digestive and gut health
- Helps to decrease appetite and increases satiety for longer
- Can support hormone regulation
- 100% coconut oil free of GMOs and other additives
We choose to use coconut rather than palm oil due to the associated negative ecological effects caused by palm oil plantations. Our MCT oils are free of herbicides and pesticides, sustainably farmed in the Philippines, and bottled in Australia.
WITH CAPRYLIC ACID (C8) AND CAPRIC ACID (C10)
Caprylic acid (C8) converts to ketones within minutes, making it very powerful for suppressing hunger while also fuelling the brain and body with energy. Various studies also indicate that C8 may have antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties and can assist with the health of the gut.
Capric acid (C10) has two extra carbons, which means your liver takes longer to break it down into ketones, but you still get the mental and metabolic boost. C10 also has strong antiviral and antimicrobial properties which help combat viruses, bacteria, and yeast infections. This makes it a valuable MCT for supporting all-round wellness.
5 REASONS YOU’LL LOVE MELROSE MCT OIL ORIGINAL
- A NATURAL SOURCE OF ENERGY - Melrose MCT Oil Original is an all-round formula that provides a ‘kick start’ of natural energy and boosted ketone levels with moderate duration. Just one spoonful a day is all it takes to feel the difference.
- PROMOTES FAT BURNING AND WEIGHT LOSS - MCTs have been shown to have a positive effect on internal and external belly fat. MCTs also help you to stick to a weight loss diet by helping you feel fuller for longer. If you’re following a ketogenic diet, MCTs can help you to achieve ketosis more easily.
- CHEMICAL AND BPA-FREE - Our sustainably sourced 100% coconut oil is extracted using chemical-free steam distillation and bottled in Australia at our state of the art TGA-approved manufacturing facility.Packed in glass amber (500mL), or bisphenol A & F (BPA & BPF) free plastic bottles (250mL) to avoid deterioration from exposure to air and light.
- MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES (MCTs) FROM COCONUT - Melrose Original MCT is a blend of C8 and C10 MCTs, which are absorbed into the body through the liver rather than the intestines, and are linked to many health benefits such as improved mental clarity gut health support, and increased fat-burning and physical stamina.
- BASED ON DECADES OF EXPERTISE - Melrose was one of the founders and leaders in premium daily health oils within Australia back in 1984, and was the first to introduce MCT oil into the Australian market in 1995.We source our oils from organic coconuts and are meticulous about quality. We know oils!
WE LIVE FOR HEALTHIER PEOPLE, THE WORLD OVER, EVERY DAY
At Melrose, we believe that health isn’t a pill that you pop and you’re done. For over 40 years, we’ve been here to support people all over the world to make healthier choices by offering great-tasting products to enhance their wellbeing.
Proudly Australian owned, we’re dedicated to maintaining our reputation as a well-respected brand in the health food industry. We believe in eating your way to good health, and use the best possible ingredients and chemical-free processing to help maintain the high standards we set with our products.
Melrose was one of the founders and leaders in premium daily health oils within Australia back in 1984, and was the first to introduce MCT oil into the Australian market in 1995. Our MCT range supports your brain and body, no matter where you are on your health and wellness journey.
Discontinue use if you experience nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps or other gastrointestinal discomfort. Consult a doctor before use if you have diabetes, cirrhosis, acidosis and liver problems. If pregnant please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product due to insufficient and mixed studies.
100% medium chain triglycerides from coconut oil (C8, C10).
Start with 1 teaspoon per day. After one week slowly increase dosage to 1-2 tablespoons daily. Recommended to be taken with food. May be used in cooking but should not be used for deep frying.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The product also stimulates ketosis, and although I am not on a Ketogenic diet I certainly feel this product has made a difference in my energy levels as well.