Baby Monitor, VAVA 720P 5" HD Display Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio, IPS Screen, 480ft Range, 4500 mAh Battery, Two-Way Audio, One-Click Zoom, Night Vision and Thermal Monitor
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Crisp & Clear Real-Time Images: Large 5” 720P handheld display is 3 times more detailed than previous baby monitors; it boasts full color by day and greyscale infrared images at night to see all the delicate movements of your little one clearly
- Effortless Monitoring: LED noise indicators and an external thermostat keep you accurately updated on your baby’s wellbeing; set to the highest to alert even the heaviest sleeper or set to low volume to hear only loud noises with 7 volume levels
- Always Feel Connected: Turn on the VAVA monitor in a snap second to instantly check what’s happening when your baby murmurs; features 2X, 4X zoom and an auto-pilot panoramic mode to scan your baby’s nursery, no waiting around for any app or setup
- Up to 24hr Battery Life: Built in 4500mAh rechargeable battery lasts for 12hrs in display mode, 24hrs with the display turned off for full-day monitoring of your baby
- More Stable Wireless Connection: VAVA baby monitor delivers smooth video from anywhere in your house within a 480ft - 900ft range, to always keep your little one in sight no matter you're if you're in the study room or the kitchen.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Updates on V1.3 version ( December 5 )Solved the problem about the volume is too low V 1.2 version solved the problem about unable to charge and screen remained blank or black. Statement by the Jury: The VA-IH006 makes it possible for parents to conveniently monitor their child thanks to its discreet appearance, extended functionality with interchangeable lenses and the remote control unit with monitor. Crisp and Clear Real-Time Images VAVA adopts the latest technology and combines it with an industry-leading 5” screen and a sharper 720P resolution to display a full color view of your baby’s room in real time. Monitoring Your Baby Has Never Been Easier VAVA makes monitoring your baby effortless. Voice detection lets you know when you baby is crying, whilst the LED’s light up to show sound even if audio is muted. What’s more, the built-in thermostat monitors the temperature of the nursery. Simple to Use Auto-Pilot: Long press the ‘OK’ button and the camera will automatically pan your baby’s room Zoom: Press to 2X zoom and 4X zoom your baby up close, without disturbing them Two-Way Talk: Navigate to the ‘Talk’ shortcut to start talking with your little one. Impressive Battery Life Believing that baby monitors should work day and night, VAVA included a 4500mAh large battery to increase the monitor’s battery life.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While the screen is big and it does make me worry that this device won't survive the first drop, the resolution is impeccable. Everything in the picture is as clear as day.
The camera itself is of the highest quality, the focus on the whole object during night mode is simple top, I can see my baby inside the cot as it can focus on the baby and not the cot walls.
Unlike other baby monitors this device is totally silent, even during powering on/off even the remote is 100% silent.
Lastly there are no silly lights on the front of the camera as i've had in 3/5 of my last devices, not sure why you'd even put on on the front of the camera as not only is it a talk point for the baby, some have been very bright.
Like all the devices it does have a wall mount but only one hole, for a round device, so adjusting the viewing angle get's tricky.
It is USBC but the camera is usb mini and surely it doesn't cost that much more to install USBC, this is a nitpick but important to me, as i want every device in my house to be USBC.
I've finally found the baby monitor that i'll keep/"continuously replace if it brakes" i just wish it was a little bit cheaper.
Top international reviews
When I first opened the box, I was amazed how well it was designed. It almost felt like unboxing some Apple product. It was clean white color with minimal details. I know you tend to really not care about the design when you buy baby products but I did enjoy the design of it.
As you can see resolution is really high for monitoring baby. I can see so much details clearly both day and night. First photo was taken during daylight and second photo was during midnight. As you can see in day time, vision is so clear with all the color correctly. At night time also, I can see everything clear. I was surprised how it can catch it so well without any light source. It catches sound crisp as well, so you know exactly what is going on in the room. You can also talk to your baby in another room. That function was very helpful for us when the baby is alone in his room. We can sooth him easily with our voice when he wake up so we don't have to go to the room every time which was really convenient. You can also change angle a lot so you can check every angle of the room. And manipulating the camera is super easy. It is like a joystick.
This is actually my favorite part of this product for me. Setting was so easy like a breeze. I was almost couldn't believe how easy it was. I just turned on both screen and camera and that was it. There was no mess up like other products. Moreover, controlling is so easy as well. Menus were straight forward and user friendly. You are not gonna misunderstand anything. Everything is so easy with this product. My husband is normally horrible with those gadgets but he was able to use it straight away which means a lot.
Overall I hope there is wireless function and application for mobile so you can use it as a CCTV when your baby is with a babysitter or somebody else. Except that, I am 100% satisfied!
Once I was onboard with the baby monitor idea, we decided we wanted a PTZ camera (pan-tilt-zoom), temperature monitoring, 2-way audio, high quality image, the ability to add a second camera, and good night vision. We saw this monitor on sale and it seemed to tick all of our boxes and had great reviews, so we decided to go for it. So far, everything looks great! We're still a little ways away from actually using it on a regular basis, but I've tested it out in a few different rooms and I was really blown away with the image quality. We're used to seeing monitors that our friends and family have used, and this blows every other monitor I've seen/used out of the water.
Now for the detailed review:
The PTZ option is easy, intuitive, and relatively silent. There's an auto-pilot option that puts it into a sentry-like mode automatically scanning the room. I probably won't ever want/need to use that, but useful if you have some adventurous children you are monitoring in a very large room, haha.
The audio is fantastic and very sensitive, so you don't have to worry about not hearing your child. Also, the mic on the monitor works well and you're able to clearly communicate back and forth via the monitor/camera (yes, my wife and I tried this out). You just hold the "Talk" button to talk back and forth. It takes a split second for the camera audio to come back on (kinda like a walkie talkie), but it serves its purpose well.
The night vision is super clear and there's no red lights emitted from the camera when it's turned on, though as expected the image can get a little fuzzy when there's movement on night-vision mode. The picture I took of night vision mode was in a room that was completely pitch black.
As I stated before, the image quality is the best I've seen on a baby monitor. The colors on the display are also perfectly calibrated if you're concerned about that sort of thing. The first picture I attached looks very blue, but that's just due to the white-balance on my phone's camera. I turned the lights off for the second picture to show the real colors that are displayed on the monitor.
We haven't yet purchased a second camera, so I can't tell you how that works, but in the options there is definitely an ability to add multiple cameras. You can also see it has the camera image and the number 1 in the top status bar to tell you which camera you are viewing.
I also can't comment on battery life at this time, but so far we've only charged it once and tested it multiple times over the course of a few weeks and only had the battery drop to 4/5 ticks.
I also just want to say that the packaging was incredibly professional for a brand I've never heard of. Seriously, I know it's just the packaging, but it really was equal to or better than anything I've opened from Google/Apple. When a manufacturer puts that kind of effort into the details, it really adds a bit more trust into their quality as a manufacturer.
Overall, this monitor has gone above and beyond what I've expected when it comes to my previous experience with baby monitors. The manufacturer also has an extended warranty if you register it on their site (bumps it up from 18 months to 30 months), so that's a little peace of mind as well. To be honest, I'll probably look more into VAVA products in the future, as I am absolutely impressed with this monitor!
Ultimately, this one won out due to 2 important factors.
1. The portable monitor charges via USB-C type cable (same as both our cell phones)
*note the Camera does still use the USB micro, but since its not really moving much that doesn't bother me.
*You also don't NEED to use the cords it comes with, and I had no issues powering/charging either device through a generic usb port or battery pack.
2. Battery life, this Vava seems unbeatable in terms of how long the battery will last.
What you can adjust on the monitor: (all within a couple of clicks, not a hassle)
- Camera positioning
- Talk through Camera button
- Sound / Volume
- Other Camera add/removal
- Warranty/VAVA company information
The range is ridiculous, I walked 3 houses away and still had ample signal for video and audio, another house down I started losing the video feed but could still hear the audio ok. More than we will ever need. Nursery is on the 2nd floor, and still had full signal in our basement.
Quality is great at 720p. Yes 1080p is better, but for the purpose of baby monitor, 720p is sufficient.
The night-vision is very clear!
*note* if you point the camera at objects or a pattern that is black n white, it seems to force itself into night-mode. I understand its confusion, so its not an issue really.
I attached some sample images showing the camera and quality of the monitor. There is also an optional wide view lens that can be purchased on Amazon for - $10. The lens swap is a 10 second process, so I plan to try it out, and easy removed or swapped when not needed.
It has 3 major features that I’d like to highlight:
1. PICTURE QUALITY. The quality is just amazing, you can see everything so clear and so detailed. I placed the camera in a corner so it focuses both of my girls, and it works perfectly; I thought I had to get another camera but as you can see it is not necessary. Plus, the size of the screen is big enough!
2. BATTERY LIFE. It does lasts up to 16 hrs without being plugged in. I just tried it and it works great!
3. NIGHT VISION. Very good! I just uploaded a photo so you can see that it looks pretty bright during the nights. So, if you’re thinking of getting a new monitor I recommend this product 100%!!
1) The camera has a constantly blinking light that can’t be covered up. A blinking light. Where the baby sleeps. At night. In a dark room. A blinking light! Hello? You can’t cover the light because it emanates through the entire camera.
2) The quietest sound level on the monitor is three times as loud as other monitors. It’s unbearable.
3) The cord from camera to wall outlet is about 2 feet long. If you mount the camera on the wall above the crib, the plug doesn’t even reach halfway down the wall. Add an extension cord and you’ll get closer. Then add another extension cord to get to the closest outlet. Have fun.
4) 900 feet, my ass! The range is about 250 feet if you have to go through, you know, a wall.
A higher res camera doesn’t make up for any of these problems. That’s a big nope from me.
I am giving this 5 stars. I have had it a little over a month now, so time will tell if it holds up completely.
However I have owned a Hello Baby monitor in the past and it truly doesn’t compare to this monitor!
I was skeptical about the high price, but with all the great reviews I purchased anyways.
My 18 month old has had febrile seizures and so I wanted to make sure I got the best video monitor to keep my mind at ease while she sleeps at night.
* Works without WiFi - which is AWESOME!
No more worrying about WiFi disruptions, which happens anytime we would have a storm or just poor connection in general. (FYI- we have xfinity)
* Picture quality is INCREDIBLE.
So crisp and clear, and I am telling you, pictures do not do not do it justice!
* Thermometer reader seems to be accurate according to what I keep my thermostat set at.
* Audio is super sharp. I can hear things from outside our house in the monitor as well as any of my daughters movements & sounds.
* Night mode is very black and white, very crisp. No green tone to it at all.
* Color screen is accurate, but I don’t find I need it.
* Battery life- this is MY FAVORITE feature! SUCH good battery life! Finally! A product that lasts for hours without having to throw it on a charger every couple hrs. I would say I can have my monitor on for 8 hrs until it alerts me to grab a charger!!
Honestly worth every dollar.
Would recommend 10/10 times.
I emailed customer service and they immediately responded. They had me verify my address and within 48 hours express shipped a replacement . The new monitor works exactly as advertised. Maybe we just got a bunk unit. The new one is louder. Battery is excellent. Picture is clear and to top it all off the customer service owned the problem and made it right without question. Thank you VAVA.
I recommend this monitor hands down!
At First glance we were happy with the product but might end up returning it due to a glitch in the software or a sensor. Feels like a pretty solid product but it isn’t loud enough to hear over the fan in our room. Will be emailing the manufacturer to see what to do about correcting the problem.
Speaker is not as loud as our infant optics was.
Charging cable doesn’t positively lock into the display.
Temperature sensor continues to throw an error and all night it alarms saying it’s to cold in the baby’s room. It then corrects itself and says it’s 72 which is accurate. Very annoying to get woken up every hour or so with a false alarm.
Sound adjustment is in the setting function and a pain to adjust.
Shorter charging cables then the infant optics.
Operates on the same frequency as the WiFi so when you use your phone next to the display it cuts in and out
Constantly changing price and on sale. Hard to know if you are getting a good deal of not....
Feels heavy and solid in your hands.
Wide angle camera (can see the whole crib)
Thick heavy duty power cables.
Very clear picture, day and night
Great battery life
Indicator lights aren’t super bright and annoying at night.
Friends suggested that that we go with cameras that use your phone as the monitors don't last long enough.
I disagreed with this as our phones are important for work and photos that we couldn't use them as cameras to watch the baby.
After finding the VAVA baby monitor it fit into the price I was looking for along with the quality I desired.
So for the pros as to why I would recommend it.
- You can add up to 4 cameras. It looks like they just released the stand alone camera for 95$. I like this because I can have the option to put a camera in the room and over the crib and get options of viewing for when the baby is older and just playing around.
- The large display unit has a high quality picture. Very easy to see what is needed and the digital zoom doesn't pixilate.
- Temp sensor on the screen helps to avoid major temp differences. Perfect as we transition from spring to fall and im battling using heat and AC here in NY.
- The ability to move the camera around is great and responsive. Haven't needed it much except when trying to position the camera originally but its great to know i can adopt my camera to the placement i want to make it work.
- Ability to hear baby and its sound meter is amazing. I like how it tells me if its just a small sound or something super loud to distinguish the babys cry from a big wailing cry.
While the camera and monitor are fantastic there are 2 items I wish to see improvement on.
Sound quality when talking from monitor to camera is a bit muffled. When testing it I couldn't understand anything my wife was saying which means the baby isn't going to know. I wish it was clearer to at least sound like my voice. It sounded more like an old school walkie-talkie.
Second thing is the length of the cord for the camera. I would like to see a 9ft cable. My outlets limited me to my camera position. If I just had a few more feet it would have helped. I think this is a limitation of all cameras and currently searching for a charger that is longer.
Overall Im excited for this camera and would highly recommend it.
1. The picture quality is SO much better. On infant optics we would look and see he’s not moving buyer could not tell if he was actually sleeping. This one is amazing quality, you can see very well and we know exactly when he sleeps
2. The monitor has a wider screen so you can see the whole crib without moving the camera
3. The move ability is so much better, it’s quieter and easier to move
4. The features make more sense. The zoom is better and easier to access. The volume is easier to access, the talk is so much easier. On Infant optics you had to turn on the microphone and then talk but sometimes you forgot to turn off the microphone and he could still hear everything. It was a bad feature. Now you just hit talk and that’s it
5. There’s other features we have not used yet like the alarm which will be good for our soon to be baby
6. The sounds is more crisp
7. The price is lower
8. Hopefully the quality will be better but only time will tell. I’ll iodate my review in a few months if I remember to update to see if the battery life and quality remains high
Overall I highly suggest it over the infant optics. But if you don’t believe me, then you can just buy my crap infant optics unit from me directly to see for yourselves
I ended up going with the infant optics monitor because of all the great reviews on picture quality and functionality. When I received it I was so disappointed in the picture quality. It was so grainy it hurt my eyes to look at. The night vision was even worse. The monitor also constantly went out of range even though I was in the next room. I sent it back a week later.
Next up was VAVA which had many reviews of people switching from infant optics so I was optimistic. Got it today and set it up. All I can say is wow. Picture quality is crisp both during the day and the night. Camera pan is smooth and quiet. I have not had any issues with range but it has only been one day. If you are on the fence between optics and VAVA there is no question. Go with VAVA. Just waiting for their wide angle lens to be back in stock so I can order them for my two cameras.
We’ve now had this monitor for 5 months and have started having problems with this monitor powering on and off every 5 seconds when 2 feet from the internet router. (See video) After performing a factory reset, the monitor still continues the same behavior. Vava Baby reached out to us and offered to refund us all our money if we remove our non 5 star review here on Amazon. This just goes to show how this company manages to have all 5 star reviews here on Amazon. We said that our “honest” review will stay. Money can’t buy my review Vava Baby.
The wife and I recently purchased this baby monitor for the purpose of being able to work through and around 1950s home cinderblock walls. This camera works flawlessly in this area we have no signal drop whatsoever and can walk around our 1 acre lot and still be able to use the baby monitor so big pro they’re a lot better than our former baby monitor that we had and is a good featured to have.
But there is however a few features that the old baby monitor had that I wish this one had first thing is a touchscreen. The price point on this baby monitor you would think they would have a touchscreen. Also the cord that charges the camera isn’t long enough it’s a whole 3 feet shorter than our previous camera and we weren’t able to keep our baby monitor in the current location as we had with the older monitor. And lastly it offer a lullaby or white noise feature. When her daughter was sleeping and often waking up we could turn on the lullaby feature of the old monitor and she would sleep an extra hour or two longer in the mornings that doesn’t work with this camera.
**Overall it’s a really good baby camera I can’t say anything bad about it the only thing we bought it for was the ability to work through brick walls otherwise we would’ve stuck with the older Project Baby Camera so we took a few steps down in features to be able to work through the walls.