|Release date||13 January 2020|
|Mfg Recommended age||8 year and up|
|Item Model Number||NGRM15|
|Product Dimensions||23.5 x 15.49 x 5.51 cm; 360 Grams|
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Rocks and Minerals Education Set – 15-Piece Rock Collection Starter Kit with Tiger’s Eye, Rose Quartz, Red Jasper, and More, Display Case and Identification Guide
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ROCK COLLECTION FOR KIDS – 15 incredible rocks, gemstones, and crystals including Rose Quartz, Red Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, Aventurine, Snowflake Obsidian, Pyrite, Desert Rose, Blue Quartz, Pumice, Hematite, Blue Calcite, Green Zebra Jasper and Fluorite. Great starter set for boys and girls with an interest in Geology
- IDENTIFY AND LEARN – A full-color learning guide has information on each specimen in the set and a magnifying glass inside allows you to see more details of each rock, gemstone, and crystal
- CONVENIENT STORAGE AND DISPLAY – The included acrylic case has a separate compartment for each specimen. It seals securely and allows you to see all the samples inside
- INSPIRE A LOVE OF SCIENCE – Our samples are selected to inspire a fascination with earth science and encourage exploration of the natural world
- RESPECTED QUALITY – National Geographic Toys is proud to provide only the highest quality products, each backed by a complete satisfaction
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The National Geographic Rock and Mineral Starter Kit is a fantastic way to start your rock collection!
The 15 incredible specimens inside are sure to inspire a fascination with geology and the earth sciences.
Inside the Kit:
- 2 samples of Rose Quartz
- Snowflake Obsidian
- Tiger’s Eye
- Red Jasper
- 2 samples of Green Aventurine
- Green Zebra Jasper
- Desert Rose
- Blue Quartz
- Blue Calcite
- A magnifying glass to inspect the rocks, gemstones, and crystals
- A clear storage and display case
This kit is fantastic for girls and boys wanting to start a rock collection or expand on an existing collection.
National Geographic Toys is proud to provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee with all our products so that you can buy with confidence.
About the National Geographic Society: With a mission to inspire people to care about the planet, the 131-year-old National Geographic Society is one of the world’s largest nonprofit scientific and educational organizations. National Geographic’s net proceeds support vital exploration, conservation, research, and education programs.
Not suitable for children under 8 years. For use under adult supervision.
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The two included resources describe perhaps 30 of your specimens. Poorly.
The included magnifying glass and storage pouch are disappointing and probably should not be included.
The majority of specimens are really quite small and many of them seem to be duplicates.
I feel that a much more interesting and educational kit could have been produced for less expense.
Comes with a selection of rough un-polished stones and polished along with some fossils and geodes you can crack open yourself.
Top reviews from other countries
We have still yet to break open the geodes!
The shark teeth that come with the kit are really impressive. The only downfall is we didn't get the piece of meteorite. But so much was in the kit I honestly thought it is well worth the price still!
I know it says 8 plus but myself and my 7 year old both loved it!