- Product Dimensions: 20 x 5 x 20 cm ; 77.1 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 227 g
- Batteries 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Item Model Number: loc8tor
- ASIN: B005N0PGVK
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 21 September 2018
- Customer Reviews: 479 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,962 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
New Loc8tor Pet Handheld Finder Locator Cat
|Price:||+ $9.14 Delivery|
- Ever Worry about Loosing your Pet? Does the thought of waiting until someone finds your beloved family member sound unthinkable? Cats, Dogs, Tortoises, Ferrets and yes even free range Chicken owners have all used Loc8tor. Locating technologies for pets have changed dramatically in the the last few years. The Loc8tor Pet has been an award winning product. The Loc8tor Pet is the ultimate locating device to help you keep track of your pets and can even be used to help locate other valuables.
- * Tags are the smallest and lightest of their kind. Only 5 grams * Great Range - Up to 122 metres /400 feet (clear line of sight).* Ultra portable - Handset is the size of a credit card.handheldTag Size Metric : 30.5mm (H) x 19.5mm (W) x 8.5mm (D) Weight: 5 grams Imperial : 1.2" (H) x 0.8" (W) x 0.3" (D) Weight: 0.175 Oz
- Pack Contents: 1 x Loc8tor Pet, 2 x Mini Homing Tags,2x Pet Splashproof cases,2x Splashproof cases, Key ring loop and adhesive strips, Wall mount bracket, Multi language user guide, All batteries included
- The Locate mode is used to find your pet with the Handheld guiding you to within 2.5cm / 1 inch. The Alert mode warns if your dog has crossed a predefined boundary i.e. bolted out the front door or escaped from the garden. The credit card size handset makes it extremely easy to use where ever it's needed and will pick up the signal emitting from your pet's collar as soon as you press the locate button, provided you're in range.
- 10,000's units have been sold. With about 2,500 dogs and 3,200 cats go astray every week the best chance of your pet remaining safe is to quickly ascertain their whereabouts. Why be a statistic?With it's small lightweight Tag weighing only 5 grams it tells you which way to walk to find your lost (or hiding) pet or indeed any other item (keys, mobile, TV remote).
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
A microchip identifies your lost cat - but only if someone finds it first. GPS trackers are heavy, and despite the hype, not accurate enough for finding cats in many of their hiding places. The unique Loc8tor Pet is the world's leading cat finder and has already saved thousands of cats around the world from getting lost. Loc8tor Pet gives cat owners real peace of mind. Loc8tor Pet's unique dual directional technology system gives you both audio and visual cues to guide you right to your cat. It works like an electronic game of hot and cold and will show you the right direction to walk to find your cat.
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
I purchased this device bc it was the smallest one I could find I attached it to his shell using sticky Velcro so I can remove it when he is in his enclosure It works great!!! It stays on his shell and I have been able to locate him in places I least expected him! This allows him to have more freedom than I have been able to provide him with in the past.
I would love to use it on my cat who we can never find at night, but he always ditches his collar so unfortunately I’m not sure how helpful this would be. It works great to locate my tortoise inside or out. Even underground!!!
We do not need to use it often, but it is peace of mind and more relaxing out on the deck now. The funny thing is if she has strayed and when we go to locate her, she sneaks back to the house when her collar beeps now, so she doesn't get locked up inside for the rest of the day. We bought extra batteries like we read in other reviews (Bulk Sony 20 pack 2032). We found that batteries in the remote are lasting 2 months with moderate use, the batteries in the cats transmitter on her collar were still testing out as very good but changed them out anyways.
I put the second transmitter on hubby's keys, which he loses at least twice a week, with much cussing. This will save the day, one day soon. Please note the range should say feet. Not yards. Big difference. Range is 400 feet/133 yards.
UPDATE (4 weeks later): Couldn't find the cat today. Turns out, the batteries in her collar unit are dead. Get some spare ones on hand as soon as you buy the product and test the unit every other day while the cat is IN the house. Imagine learning the batteries are dead while trying to find your cat OUtSiDE!? Luckily my cat was inside the house when I realized the batteries were dead.
Natürlich wäre eine größere Reichweite angenehmer, aber dadurch würde der Strombedarf wohl auch exponential steigen. Dann lieber etwas länger suchen, aber in der Gewissheit, dass das Ding funktioniert. Was nutzt mir ein 500m-Sender, der nach drei Tagen leer ist?
Das Testergebnis war ziemlich ernüchternd:
meine Frau versteckte sich irgendwo in unserer Wohnsiedlung.
Nachdem ich eine halbe Stunde gesucht hatte, wie es die Anleitung vorgibt,
habe ich sie angerufen und nach einer Richtung gefragt.
Als dies auch keine Erfolg gab,
bat ich sie mir entgegen zu kommen.
Als ich ihr auf der Straße geschätzte 20-30 Schritte gegenüber stand,
hat das gerät reagiert.
Nervig ist auch, dass sich das Empfangsgerät abschaltet, wenn es kein Signal bekommt.
Eine Große Suchaktion für seine Lieben muss bei diesem gerät doch starten.
Wenn man aber eine Katze mit relativ lautem Miauen hat welche beim rufen antwortet,
ist dieses gerät überflüssig.
geht zurück an amzon
Cons: you have to walk around the neighbourhood to find the cat. But, you get some exercise and your neighbours are generally glad to meet you (Hi, I've just radio-tracked my cat to your house...when she's done mooching could you please send her home?). The range is a little short but it runs on button cells so that's the trade off I guess. It's really not difficult to walk until you get a signal, and once you have a better feel for her usual haunts, it's dead simple.
2 month update: Found lost collar three more times (quick release collar)--getting close to paying for itself not having to buy replacement cat license tags; we know if the cat is sleeping inside, in the yard, or within a one house radius just by standing in the kitchen...useful when it's time to lock up the house at night before bed. Really a useful purchase and highly recommend.
We have been using them outside since April (5) months and have not had to chanve the batteries
The box arrived opened and retaped. I wonder if mine was a return but so far it is working fine. The stickers to label the tags was not in there but we don’t really need them anyways. So far they work really well in the house between walls etc. Can’t wait for the snow to melt and try them outside.
I will update in the summer
Was mich abhielt 5 Sterne zu vergeben ist das fummelige Einsetzen der Batterie in die Tags. Das hätte man besser machen können denke ich. Danach muss ich den Tag in die Silikontasche rein wringen. Mal sehen, wie lange die halten bevor sie zerreißen?