Pokemon Shield - Nintendo Switch
- A new generation of Pokemon is coming to the Nintendo Switch system
- Become a Pokemon Trainer and embark on a new journey in the new Galar region
- Choose from one of three new partner Pokemon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble
- In this all new adventure, you'll encounter new and familiar Pokemon as you catch, battle, and trade Pokemon while exploring new areas and uncovering an all-new story
- Get ready for the next Pokemon adventure in the Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield games
Platform: Pokemon Shield
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Pokémon become huge with Dynamax & Gigantamax
Dynamax is a phenomenon unique to specific locations in the Galar region, where Pokémon are able to take on gigantic appearances. Dynamax Pokémon become tremendously strong and their stats get a boost but they will return to normal after three turns.
Only certain species of Pokémon can Gigantamax—and even among such species, only rare specimens will be able to. Gigantamax Pokémon become bigger and it boosts the power of the Pokémon. It also allows each Gigantamax Pokémon to use a unique move known as a G-Max Move!
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
7 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Gigantamax feature is really fun and the trailers didn't do it justice
- Great character design
- Pretty decent story
- A LOT of detail, you will see pokemon's playing in the background and people in towns doing various things so it's a lot of fun to see!
- Amazing character customization
- Really awesome new Pokemon
- Gyms are fantastic
- Towns are so nice and nostalgic feeling
- Either really good or really bad music
- Either really good animations or really stiff ones (again trailers don't do it justice)
- no options for hardcore players; difficulty, exp share on/off etc
- character pop could be better
- some textures could be improved
- pokedex cut
If you like Pokemon a lot and want this game to judge on your own, buy it off of Amazon because it's much cheaper and you can always return it within 7 days! And PLEASE if you don't like this game, don't harrass others for liking it.
1) Pokemon models reused from XY; only change is lack of compression (which was previously needed for 3DS), and shading. There's been zero innovation, and the Switch is capable of much more than what this game offers.
2) Pokemon animations are incredibly static, lifeless and basic - Tomb Raider on the original PlayStation had better animations.
3) Move animations are still incredibly basic and lifeless too; Tail Whip, for example, just flips the user around and shakes them about - no actual tail movements. Double Kick is still just basic hops instead of actual kicks, a la Battle Revolution.
4) NPC movement is incredibly stiff, static, and robotic.
5) Insane amounts of pop-in.
6) Overworld uses very low-quality assets for trees and the like.
7) Pokemon in the Wild Area aren't tied to any thematic area, just wander about, and generally look very artificial and lifeless.
8) Over 470 (~60%) of 809 older Pokemon completely removed.
9) A slew of moves removed.
10) Mega Evolution removed.
11) Dynamax isn't exciting or a worthwhile innovation, since it's a temporary scaling-up of regular models only able to be used to specific areas.
12) Pokemon model size scaling is way off; Pokemon are way too tiny compared to what they should be. For example, Tyranitar and Wailord should be huge; instead, they appear smaller than the Trainers.
13) Box Legendary battle has no music.
14) Game is incredibly linear, I've heard.
15) There's an insane amount of free heals and auto-heals present, EVEN DURING THE ELITE FOUR CHALLENGE. You know, the challenge where you traditionally had to go through five battles in a row, relying on whatever healing items and general strategies you had?
16) Permanent Exp. All effect ruins any kind of challenge, and there's no way to turn it off, unlike the 3DS games.
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Game Freak, the developers, were incredibly lazy and apathetic to long-time fans (especially after they promised this would be what veterans wanted after Let's Go! was aimed towards new fans), and in doing so also did new fans a disservice. Barely any effort went into this game's design, and removing content is never a positive change.
If you're looking for a good RPG on the Switch, look at Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, or Octopath Traveller. If you're looking for a good Pokemon game, get a New 3DS XL, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, and Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon - these games have much more content and polish than these Switch games. Better yet, the DS has even better Pokemon games, in Platinum, HeartGold or SoulSilver, Black or White, and Black 2 or White 2 - despite their age, they're still incredibly solid and worthwhile expenditures.
DO NOT SUPPORT SUCH LACK OF EFFORT WITH SWORD AND SHIELD.