|Product Dimensions||24 x 24 x 2.01 cm; 1.06 Kilograms|
|Item Model Number||LAUNCHPAD-X|
|Item Weight||1.06 kg|
Novation Launchpad X Grid Controller for Ableton Live
|Price:||+ $17.06 Delivery|
Enhance your purchase
- 64 RGB pads – Large RGB velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads give you a perfect reflection of your Ableton Live session, making it easier than ever to see your clips and play your instruments Expressively
- Ableton Live integration – quickly launch clips and scenes, never lose ideas with capture MIDI, and access performance controls like stop, solo, mute, record arm, volume, pan, and sends to dynamically control your music, no mouse needed
- Dynamic note and scale modes – enable you to effortlessly play perfectly in-key basslines, melodies, chords and leads. Launchpad x even knows when you’re drumming and shows your drum rack on the grid
- Four custom modes – use components to customise mappings and control anything MIDI easily from Launchpad x
- Get started easily – use our Interactive onboarding site to get all the software you want, and step-by-step video guides to get you set up with live and making music in minutes. Novation now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Novation products.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Launchpad x is our essential 64-pad MIDI grid controller for Ableton Live. It gives you everything you need to make music. Launch, play and perform your sounds and build your tracks using the large, super-sensitive RGB pads, dynamic note and scale modes, and mixer controls. The essential live controller: everything about making tracks in Ableton Live is made easier with Launchpad x’s quick, hands-on clip and scene launching and our most playable grid to date. Play your instruments and devices expressively with the 64 velocity and pressure sensitive RGB pads, then never lose an idea with one-press capture MIDI control. Launchpad x belongs on the desk of every Ableton Live music maker. Express yourself: Launchpad x gives you everything you need right at your fingertips so you can spend less time Clicking a mouse and more time making music. Dynamic note and scale modes let you easily play perfectly in-key baselines, melodies, chords and leads. Velocity-sensitive pads with polyphonic aftertouch let you play your instruments dynamically and expressively. Make it yours: go deeper and get Launchpad x working the way you want. Use components to customize MIDI mappings, and control almost anything; four custom modes mean you can design how this essential grid controller works for you. Take control of your performance: essential performance controls are a single Button-press away: stop, solo, mute, record arm and set your levels, pans and sends. There are no drivers to install, just plug and perform. Splice sounds: get two months Free access to splice sounds with Launchpad x, offering millions of high-quality, royalty-free one-shots, loops, and presets, with new releases daily. Take 100 credits per month for sounds, Foley, presets, and MIDI files and join millions of artists using splice to make all kinds of music. Sound Collective: when you register your Launchpad x, you’ll automatically gain access to sound Collective.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Points to note
- Has full RGB, a little fainter than a full size version, but still easily visible under stage lighting.
- in clip launch mode the bottom right button is no longer a scene launcher but toggles track arm/mute/solo. I didn't find this change a problem (though I thought i might)
- Components is fantastic allowing easy customisation of the user screens, really useful feature. If you configure it for faders it is more sensitive than the older models doing roughly 1.5dB increments rather than 6 if you tap repeatedly.
- It's true plug and play with Ableton Live, no need to go into control surfaces to set it up
- The session overview (which enables you to scroll 8 rows at a time instead of 1 seems initially to be missing (it used to be accessible on older models by holding down the session button but that now does something else). However the support team helped me out, this is now accessible by double tapping session instead of tap and hold.
Obviously it's not as fully featured as the X and the Pro, and the buttons are not velocity sensitive, but if you want a very capable and cheap clip launcher that can be readily customised for other uses this is probaly it.
Will also apparently work in Logic Pro X for triggering Apple Loops, there is a setup in Components to do that, but i have not tested it.
don't expect a plug and play system although there is a basic setup
well worth the effort to spend some time working with the unit and Appleton soft ware
don't expect to master this unit straight off unless you have some experience with other media systems
I bought this unit for my grandson birthday
In his School he is known as the Music Man
this is a real cool bit of kit and ambleton live once you get it up and running is pretty amazing!!
if anybody encounters problems activating their free pass i suggest emailing customer service your
amazon invoice receipt of proof of purchase and they will send you a free ambleton pass code to get you
started that's how i ended up having to activate mine!!
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 31 March 2021