|Language:||English, French, Spanish, German|
|Model Number||Osmo Coding Awbie Game (2017)|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Release date||15 August 2017|
|Mfg Recommended age||5 - 12 years|
|Item Model Number||Osmo Coding Awbie Game (2017)|
|Product Dimensions||14.1 x 5.59 x 23.24 cm; 453.59 Grams|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $14.00 delivery
Osmo - Coding Awbie - Ages 5-12 - Coding & Problem Solving - for iPad or Fire Tablet (Osmo Base Required)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- OSMO IS MAGIC: Fun-filled & award winning learning games that interact with actual hand held pieces & an iPad and/or fire tablet, bringing a child's game pieces & actions to life (no Wi-Fi necessary for game play).
- AGE & CAPABILITY: Ages 5-12+. Game is designed for beginner to expert levels. Osmo enables the continuation of learning.
- TEACHING: "like LEGO for coding" - engadget. Use coding blocks to go on a fun-filled adventure enabling coding & problem solving (coding awbie). "for young children, one of the best is Osmo coding" - the wall Street Journal.
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: 19 magnetic coding blocks including: walk, jump, grab, loop, if, Wonder, play and multipliers (coding blocks), stackable storage for game pieces & 1 game app: coding awbie.
- COMPATIBILITY FOR IPAD & FIRE TABLET: iPads: iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation), iPad (5th Generation), iPad (6th Generation), iPad (7th Generation), iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 5, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3, & the 9. 7-inch & 10. 5-inch iPad Pro. Osmo is currently NOT compatible with the 11-inch & 12. 9-inch iPad Pro. iOS version iOS 9 or greater. Fire tablets: 7th Generation Fire 7, HD 8, HD 10, 8th Generation Fire HD 8, 9th Generation HD 7, HD 10. Kids Edition Fire Tablet case must be removed to fit in the Osmo base.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Coding is a modern superpower with the Coding Awbie from Osmo. Coding Awbie teaches logic skills and problem solving, and it helps kids succeed in an increasingly digital world. Coding Awbie is the easiest way to introduce coding to your child. Osmo games bring a child's creative imagination to life with hand held pieces that interact with an iPad and/or Fire Tablet and an Osmo Base (No WiFi necessary for game play). Coding Awbie requires an Osmo Base to play and this game does not ship with an Osmo Base. An Osmo Base for iPad or Fire Tablet must be purchased to play Coding Awbie. Approved by parents and teachers worldwide, used in over 31, 000 classrooms.
From the manufacturer
Coding fun 5-12 years old
As parents you can expect your child to have the following game play experience: "Like LEGO for coding" - engadget. Use coding blocks to go on a fun-filled adventure enabling coding & problem solving (Coding Awbie).
"For young children, one of the best is Osmo coding" - The Wall Street Journal.
What's in the box:
- 19 magnetic coding blocks: Walk, jump, grab, loop, if, wonder, play and multipliers (coding blocks)
- Stackable storage for game pieces
- 1 Game App: Coding Awbie
What They'll Learn
Teaches logic skills & helps kids succeed in an increasingly digital world.
Coding Awbie is the easiest way to introduce coding to your child.
Combining tangible blocks with an interactive game fires up a child’s imagination, inspires dreams & builds confidence.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Multiple kids can play together on the same device assembling sequences & playing together.
Ways to Learn
Snap together coding blocks to lead Awbie on a strawberry-munching adventure.
You control Awbie, a playful character who loves strawberries. With each coding command, you guide Awbie on an adventure.
Learn to Code
Learning to code sounds serious but, with Awbie, it’s all fun and games.
Your child can self guide themselves on this learning adventure.
Real Play, Real Learning
Osmo is Magic!
Osmo brings learning to life, using hand-held pieces with an iPad or Fire Tablet.
Osmo Coding Awbie is a fun and magical experience for young kids to discover the creativity of coding fundamentals, computational thinking, problem-solving, If statements & loops, and logical thinking.
You will have the ability to monitor what your child is doing in the game & their progress as they start the program & grow into advanced learning. Your child can self guide themselves on this learning adventure.
No WiFi necessary for game play.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Then I learned that my 6 year old daughter was learning Coding with a different system. I looked into that system and immediately thought that it sounded similar to this in many ways. So we bit the bullet and a family member bought this for my daughter’s birthday (which was just over a week ago). Our daughter loves it and keeps asking to play it. I asked her if it was like the other system they use in her class and she said yes and this was just as much fun.
It literally encourages your child to plot a route to collect strawberries using Coding tiles. The more you collect in one go, the higher the score. Your score is rewarded with leaves which you ‘plant’ in another part of the game (which you can go to at any point). The plants grow colourful eggs which can be used to obtain things in a campsite. Sleeping bag, tent, pond, duck etc. You can move up, down, left, right, jump, grab to the side and repeat. You can instruct on how many times to move in a direction or how many times to jump etc. All good fun.
So from being uninterested and thinking what’s the point of this, I’m now really pleased we have got it and understand the educational aspect of the game. Our daughter loves it so much, she actually bought Coding Jam with her birthday money.
All the osmo apps are free but you do need the osmo stand and reflector for the iPad or tablet (we use iPad). I did not buy the base for monster app, we found a white board or paper (but you have to keep using a new piece of paper with each drawing) did the job (sorry osmo) same with the newton app, we found the reflector could see lego pieces and used this info to make the game playable without purchasing all the pieces. I do highly recommend and am saving for the detective board for geography.. well done osmo.
Nothing in this starter kit can't be done on the cheap, such as good old fashion pen and paper because of this it makes osmo a lot of money, but I think the next generation just learn more interactively with tech. I'm happy because I got a discount at Christmas, I also found with research that I could save some money by buying the genius starter kit and adding other games that need interactive board and pieces etc. you might find you can by the base and reflector and then just get the free apps, that way you can use pen and paper for e.g. And then decide if you want to pay up. Although they do grow with this product, at least over the next 10 years!
Got stuck on one level and my daughter got frustrated because she could not advance forward.
It has been sitting on my work desk waiting for my attention.