Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $13.83 delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Osmo Detective Agency, Base Required
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- OSMO IS MAGIC: Fun-filled & award winning learning games that interact with actual hand held pieces & an iPad and/or fire tablet, bringing a child's game pieces & actions to life (no Wi-Fi necessary for game play).
- AGE & CAPABILITY: Ages 5-12+. Game is designed for beginner to expert levels. Osmo enables the continuation of learning.
- TEACHING: Use a game piece magnifying glass, search for landmarks around the world While also learning trivia facts about geography, culture, and history (detective Agency).
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: 4 double-sided maps, map holder, & magnifying glass & 1 game app: detective Agency.
- COMPATIBILITY FOR IPAD & FIRE TABLET: Compatible iPads: iPad 2, iPad (3rd Generation), iPad (4th Generation), iPad (5th Generation), iPad (6th Generation), iPad (7th Generation), iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4, iPad Mini 5, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 3, & the 9. 7-inch & 10. 5-inch iPad Pro. Osmo is currently NOT compatible with the 11-inch & 12. 9-inch iPad Pro. iOS version iOS 9 or greater. Compatible Fire tablets: 7th G Fire 7, HD 8, HD 10, 8th G Fire HD 8, 9th G HD 7, HD 10. Kids Edition Fire Tablet case must be removed to fit in the Osmo base.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
“something awesome that inspires the youngest generation,” while at the same time addressing a concern of many parents about how to have their children interact with technology without losing the value of hands-on play.
Small Parts - Choking Hazard
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My daughter of six years got it for her Christmas present 🎄🎁 .
She absolutely loves it so far! Navigation is similar to all the other products allowing kids to basically jump right in. The game moves you around the world helping kids learn about the continents, countries and major cities. Happy to see Sydney, Australia 🇦🇺 represented!!
Top reviews from other countries
I bought this for my daughter’s 8th birthday. I find all of the Osmo games we have are all a bit glitchy in recognising what’s in front of the iPad but generally you manage to play without too much frustration. The ideas behind the games are brilliant.
I sat with my daughter to play Detective Agency for the first time today and it was sooo frustrating. The magnifying glass would be directly over the item/person in question and it would pick up an image from next to the glass. I had to constantly play around with the location to eventually get it to pick up the correct image, as my daughter was getting so frustrated. Even to the point where the edge of the magnifier was over the actual image. There was a timed mission where you had to locate three identical items - we knew where they were but it took the whole duration of the timer to get it to recognise the first item. My daughter was disappointed that she only scored 1/3 when she could identify all 3 straight away. Any items at the bottom of the board just weren’t detected unless I placed the top of the map under the base.
I checked the iPad was in the base correctly (not much chance of it not being to be honest), cleaned the mirror (which was already clean) and even made sure the board area was well lit. None of this helped at all.
It just asks you to get the right map, find something on the map and if you’re lucky, give a short fact about a landmark etc. There is a basic story line which accompanies this.
I asked my daughter if she was enjoying the game, she replied ‘yes, sort of’. Knowing my daughter and how she was happy to switch off after just locating the cat and the painting, I suspect this game won’t leave its box again.
Wish I had spent the money on something else as I know she is unlikely to want to play this again.
Edit: It’s now 19/1/20 and my daughter hasn’t wanted to play this game since that first time. She says it doesn’t work properly and so it’s not very enjoyable. Sadly that says it all.
The game is again presented in a bright coloured premium format. The packaging contains a sturdy cardboard ‘travel’ sleeve that includes the various thick cardboard city maps (8 towns /cities in total) and a plastic magnifying glass with a long handle. To start to play you will a.) need to get the separately available Osmo stand and lens cover. b.) install the Detective app, available from the common app store.
The game is quite fun to play and an decent challenge even for somewhat older children. So its good for our son aged 6 however despite the 9-12 age advise our 9-year old daughter was more easily bored with this game after the initial surprise. I quite like that cities like Paris and its landmarks are included, that we have visited as a family. Even more interesting is New York that our son will visit soon with us. Within these varies city/town maps the player essentially has to find items and characters and indicate them with the magnifying glass.
Our children have an Ipad ban. They can use their pads on our trips abroad in the car or in the plane. And occasionally at home for streaming purposes or to play some meaningful games (I love my video games!), But we want to avoid the mindless Youtube browsing or endless repetitive forgettable games. Osmo is of an entirely different capacity. They can play that as often as they wish which they often do intensively for several days in a row. So as parents we are obviously big fan of these, quite expensive but high quality games. This one is also recommended.