- Product Dimensions: 76.2 x 40.6 x 2.5 cm ; 227 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 540 g
- Item Model Number: SKM-C421
- ASIN: B0007NWNM8
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 24 April 2018
- Customer Reviews: 1,123 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,786 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
PetSafe ScatMat Indoor Pet Training Mat for Dogs and Cats, Medium Size, 30 X 16 inch, Pet Proof Your Home, Electronic Training Mat
+ $12.44 Delivery
- PROTECT YOUR BELONGINGS: Train your pet to avoid furniture, counters and other areas that you want to protect quickly and safely
- USE ANYWHERE INDOORS: Safe, low-voltage battery-operated system is versatile enough to be used all around your home
- EASY-TO-STORE: Flexible mat rolls up for convenient storage
- EASY-TO-CLEAN: The power pack is removable which allows for easy cleaning
- MULTIPLE SETTINGS: Low, medium and high levels of static pulse that will work for any size dog or cat;EXTEND YOUR COVERAGE: ScatMat extensions (sold separately) allows you to extend your off-limits area;PRODUCT SUPPORT: PetSafe brand's US-based Customer Care experts will be glad to help; call Monday through Saturday at 1-800-845-3274;EXPERIENCE: PetSafe brand has been an industry leading US manufacturer of pet behavior, containment and lifestyle products since 1991, helping millions of people and pets each year
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Expand your ScatMat's area of coverage with the ScatMat Extension Mat. PowerPack not included. The Scat Mat is a touch sensitive training pad which says "No", when you can't. The Scat Mat quickly conditions pets to avoid prohibited areas with harmless, lowpower electronic pulses similar to static electricity. Place the flexible vinyl Scat Mat in a room entrance, on your sofa, counter top or the hood of your car. The touch sensitive pad will silently protect prohibited areas from trespassers.When the scat mat is touched, the battery sends small pulses to the Scat Mat for 3 seconds. These surprising little 'zaps' quickly repel most cats dogs who stay away after one or two exposures even after the scat mat is removed.Use the Scat Mat to: Keep cats or dogs off furniture. Keep cats off your car. Keep cats out of plants. Stop cats or dogs from soiling in certain areas. Keep cats dogs off your bed. Stop cats from scratching your carpet or furniture.. Keep cats or dogs out of certain rooms. Keep cats off your counters or tables. Keep pets off of window sills.
From the manufacturer
At PetSafe Brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About PetSafe ScatMat Pet-Proofing Mats
PetSafe ScatMats use a harmless static pulse to keep your pets away from unwanted areas. ScatMats can be used on furniture, countertops, doorways and even window sills. The mats come with 3 levels of correction so you can adjust the strength for timid, average or stubborn pets.
- Quickly teaches your pet to stay out of unwanted areas
- Available in 5 styles to suit your needs
- Attractive, transparent design
How It Works
Just place the ScatMat in any area you want your pet to avoid, and turn it on. When your pet steps on the ScatMat he will feel a mild 3-second static pulse. Pets quickly learn which areas they should keep away from. When you turn on the mat, the light blinks once for each time the mat is activated.
- Safe, low-voltage battery-operated system can be used anywhere indoors
- Mats activate for 3 seconds when touched
- Activity Indicator shows if pets are testing ScatMat
Positioning the ScatMat
In order to keep your pet from scratching your furniture, place the ScatMat directly on your sofa. When your pet tries to get on your furniture, he will receive a mild, static pulse that will teach him to stay away.
You can place a ScatMat in doorways to teach your pet to stay out of certain rooms. For larger doorways, you can expand the area by adding an extension mat.
The ScatStrip is designed for use on windowsills and the edges of countertops. ScatStrip is not ideal for doorway training as it is not wide enough to prevent your pet from stepping or jumping over it.
|PetSafe ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box||PetSafe Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountain||PetSafe Healthy Pet Simply Feed||PetSafe SSSCAT Spray Pet Deterrent||PetSafe SlimCat Food Dispensing Toy||PetSafe 2-Way Locking Door|
|Additional Must-Have Products for Pets||An automatic litter box that stays fresh and clean without the hassle||Free-falling fountain that provides fresh, filtered water to your pet||An automatic feeder that makes it easy to feed your pet right on time||Motion-activated unscented spray that keeps pets away from off-limit areas||Food-dispensing toy that combines playtime and mealtime to help control your cat’s weight||Interior door that gives your pet the freedom to come and go even when the door is closed|
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not the mats fault by any means.
PS don't test it yourself.. it's a trap! Take my word for it... it works... WELL #DumbIdea
Top international reviews
So, the moral of the story is, you need to buy the scat mat in a size that they can't jump over.
A great idea but buy in a larger size so it will actually deter them from coming into whatever area you want to keep them out of.
My landlady's cat, for some unknown reason, likes to come to my bedroom door in the middle of the night, yowl, and stick his paw under the door and slam the wooden door in the doorframe. It's shocking how much noise that cat can make, keeping me up all night. I was explaining my sleepiness to a coworker and she suggested a ScatMat. She has a tomcat who does the same thing. I'd never heard of it. But I needed some sleep. Bad! So I ordered this. I turned it on and touched it when it arrived. It reminds me of static electricity. Like the "snap" you get from walking across carpet and touching something. So, it's not painful, but it's surprising if you're not expecting it.
When I go to bed at night I turn it on and slide it under the door so most of it is on the other side. The cat can't get near my door without stepping on the ScatMat. Works. Like. A. Charm. And there was a sense of satisfaction one night when I heard a 'YOWL!" and heard something hit the wall right outside my door. I smiled and went back to sleep. And I've been cat-door-bashing-free ever since. The cat still yowls in the middle of the night. But just not right at my door. Which I'll take that over the previous situation.
Update: I purchased the power adapter because batteries died constantly. and now with a power source it never stops zapping once turned on. All day long it's going off. I'm afraid to leave it on with electricity going constantly. Changing this to one star review.