Prodyne 126-B Bamboo Cheese Slicer Butcher Block End Grain 9 1/2" x 6" End Grain Beechwood
|Price:||+ $13.45 Delivery|
- Board measures 9-1/2" x 6" x 7/8" made from end grain beechwood
- Replaceable stainless steel cutting wire
- Lifetime warranty against wire breakage
- Non-slip feet protect tabletops
- Exclusive Prodyne Design
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
A Prodyne classic is reborn with this rich end grain board. The stylish bright chrome slicing arm and handle grip compliments the natural wood finish. The stainless steel cutting wire sinks easily into even the hardest cheese, to guarantee a perfect slice, thick or thin, every time. As with all of our cheese slicers, the wire is replaceable and has a lifetime warranty against breakage. Board measures 9 ½” x 6” and has non-slip rubber feet.
From the manufacturer
Butcher Block End Grain Beechwood Cheese Slicer
A Prodyne classic is reborn with this rich end grain board. The stylish bright chrome slicing arm and handle grip compliments the natural wood finish. The stainless steel cutting wire sinks easily into even the hardest cheese, to guarantee a perfect slice, thick or thin, every time. As with all of our cheese slicers, the wire is replaceable and has a lifetime warranty against breakage.
- Made of Beechwood
- Board Measures 9 ½” x 6”
- Has Non-Slip Rubber Feet
- Comes in a Full Color Box
|5 star 67% (67%)||67%|
|4 star 17% (17%)||17%|
|3 star 7% (7%)||7%|
|2 star 5% (5%)||5%|
|1 star 5% (5%)||5%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
I've used this several times now & these are my impressions thus far:
1. First of all, the wood is REALLY pretty & would be nice if left out during a party / gathering.
2. I'm very glad I watched the manufacturer video on how to gently pull the arm out so the blade aligns with the cutting groove. I actually find myself adjusting the arm periodically so the blade doesn't hit the wood. Not a big deal, just something to note so the blade doesn't snap.
3. I've used this to cut sharp cheddar and colby/jack & the slicer worked well in both. I'm amazed at how paper-thin I can get the cheddar! No way I could do that with a hand-held slicer! Can't wait to try it on softer cheeses too.
4. The little rubber feet on the bottom really help keep the slicer from sliding around. This is crucial, not only from a safety standpoint, but also allows the cuts to be straight & uniform.
5. Cleanning the slicer is generally easy. I just carefully wipe my sponge across the blade and cutting board. Only thing I don't like is trying to clean the cutting groove. Even a cotton swab was too big - so still experimenting on the best method to clean it.
6. To ensure the blade doesn't get pushed up /exposed while storing in the cupboard, I simply placed a big rubberband around the whole arm/cutting board.
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase & hope this slicer lasts for years to come. As an added note, I got this slicer from the Amazon Warehouse for half the normal cost & it it has a small scuff mark on the top. Thought I'd mention since I almost passed this cutter by! Always worth checking out those discounted deals...
Hope reading this review helps someone make an informed purchase decision. Please give a click if I've been helpful.
I do have some notes to help you:
1) The video is correct - the blade ships with the end slightly mis-aligned. However, just follow the instructions to re-align it.
2) When cutting thru cheese, the handle makes a slight "clacking" sound when you're finished slicing. However, this doesn't seem to affect the performance.
3) Easy to clean - I just use a wet paper towel.
I recommend purchase.
It did arrive fast and use is limited, not completely useless.