Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Rachelle Burk
INVITE RACHELLE TO SPEAK AT YOUR SCHOOL!
Rachelle Burk is a writer of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for children. Her books include TREE HOUSE IN A STORM (picture book), DON'T TURN THE PAGE! (picture book), THE TOOTH FAIRY TRAP (chapter book), MISS CRUMP'S FUNNY BONE (chapter book), THE WALKING FISH* (grades 4-7 science-adventure novel), PAINTING IN THE DARK: ESREF ARMAGAN, BLIND ARTIST (picture book biography) and SLEEP SOUNDLY AT BEAVER'S INN (picture book). Her work has appeared in national publications such as Highlights for Children and Scholastic Science classroom magazines.
*THE WALKING FISH won a spot on the 2016 list of "Outstanding Science Trade Books for K-12," chosen annually by the National Science Teacher's Association and Children's Book Council.
Rachelle is also a popular children's entertainer, performing as Mother Goof Storyteller and Tickles the Clown. In a parallel life, she works as a social worker and rescue squad volunteer.
SCHOOL AUTHOR VISITS: The NJ author has traveled to 14 states to share the joy of reading and writing through dynamic school visit programs. For more information, visit her website: www.rachelleburk.com
Customers Also Bought Items By
Books By Rachelle Burk
Discover the life of Simone Biles—a story about going for the gold for kids ages 6 to 9
Simone Biles has been called the greatest gymnast of all time, winning five Olympic and 25 World Champion medals by age 22. Before she wowed the world with her incredible gymnastics skills, Simone was an energetic young girl who dreamed of becoming a top gymnast. She trained for hours every day and made many sacrifices to pursue her goals. Explore how Simone Biles went from being a kid growing up in Texas to an Olympic athlete who has won more gymnastics medals than anyone in history.
The Story of Simone Biles includes:
- A fun quiz—Test your knowledge of Simone’s life with a short quiz that covers the Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of her story.
- Word definitions—Explore a helpful glossary with some of the more advanced words and ideas in this beautifully illustrated book about Simone Biles.
- Lasting change—See how Simone’s accomplishments helped open doors for female athletes across the world.
How will Simone’s hard work and determination inspire you?
Shake, rattle, and roll with this fun dance book for toddlers
Toddlers are natural dancers and they love to move! Channel toddlers’ energy and help them develop balance, coordination, and control with the help of this engaging choice in dance books for toddlers. Moving along with the story will help stimulate little brains and provide a fun, creative way to build spatial awareness. Tons of colorful pictures offer toddlers visual clues for the movements, and rhyming words make reading aloud feel like music!
- Movement and motor skills—Little ones will begin by isolating individual body parts, like their hands, hips, arms, and toes.
- Dynamic dancing—Toddlers will harness their imagination to dance the prancing pony, flapping chicken, and twirling pinwheel.
- Keep the fun going—Explore a list of online dance videos and resources to help them keep moving and developing even when the book is finished.
Set the stage for an active childhood with this standout in toddler books!
Discover 14 powerful women with brief biographies for kids ages 3 to 5
Women have always accomplished big things, but history books don’t always teach you about them. This feminist book for little girls and boys is filled with the stories of strong women who used their unique gifts to make the world a better place.
- Women from all walks of life—Explore the amazing lives and accomplishments of diverse women like Susan B. Anthony, Jane Goodall, Frida Kahlo, and Malala Yousafzai.
- Colorful illustrations—Bring each story to life with big, vivid pictures on every page.
- Kid-friendly language—Learn about these important women with language that’s easy to understand for new readers.
Get inspired by the stories of extraordinary women from the past and present with this top choice in women’s history books for kids!
Rock out with this introduction to instruments—for kids 3 to 5
Get little ones excited about the power of music with a sweet story that explores different woodwind, string, brass, and percussion instruments. It’s sure to get your child’s head bopping and toes tapping.
What sets this apart from other music books for children:
- How music is made—Explore all the sounds instruments can make, from the deep rumble of the bass to the jingle of the tambourine.
- It’s ideal for story time—Make reading aloud a musical adventure with rhythmic language that kids will love and want to read again and again.
- Charming illustrations—Vibrant pictures convey the fun of playing music and are sure to delight kids and parents alike.
Get young children jazzed about music with Let’s Play an Instrument.
Marcy is finally old enough to ask The Four Questions at her family's Passover seder. She's sure when it's her time to shine, her questions will be the best ever. Though her four (funny) questions are not the ones in Haggadah, her family gently humors her with the answers before she and her brother go on to read the real Four Questions. The book includes The Four Questions in English and back matter includes the answers.
For hundreds of years, parents all over the world have been sharing magical stories about the tooth fairy. And while every culture has their own unique version, kids of all ages love hearing about how she visits while they’re sleeping to exchange their newly-lost teeth for real money!
That’s why this fun, colorful and engaging book, The Tooth Fairy is Coming, provides your kids with wonderful tales about boys and girls who lost their teeth and the adventures the Tooth Fairy had to embark on to finally reach them.
The Tooth Fairy is Coming is an easy-to-read kid’s book that will get your children excited about the Tooth Fairy visiting and have them smiling (gaps and all) ear-to-ear with anticipation!
A unique tale about children all over the globe, animals, and the lengths that the Tooth Fairy will go to make a toothy trade, this the perfect book to share with your child right before bedtime.
A humorous, exciting tale of an ordinary girl who makes an extraordinary scientific discovery—a blind fish that walks
When seventh-grader Alexis catches an unusual fish that looks like a living fossil, she sets off a frenzied scientific hunt for more of its kind. Alexis and her friend Darshan join the hunt, snorkeling, sounding the depths of Glacial Lake, even observing from a helicopter and exploring a cave. All the while, they fight to keep the selfish Dr. Mertz from claiming the discovery all for himself. When Alexis follows one final hunch, she risks her life and almost loses her friend. Walking Fish is a scientific adventure that provides a perfect combination of literacy and science.