Raising a Secure Child: How Circle of Security Parenting Can Help You Nurture Your Child's Attachment, Emotional Resilience, and Freedom to Explore Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
Today's parents are constantly pressured to be perfect. But in striving to do everything right, we risk missing what children really need for lifelong emotional security. Now the simple, powerful "Circle of Security" parenting strategies that Kent Hoffman, Glen Cooper, and Bert Powell have taught thousands of families are available in self-help form for the first time.
You will learn:
- How to balance nurturing and protectiveness with promoting your child's independence
- What emotional needs a toddler or older child may be expressing through difficult behavior
- How your own upbringing affects your parenting style - and what you can do about it
Filled with vivid stories and unique practical tools, this book puts the keys to healthy attachment within everyone's reach - self-understanding, flexibility, and the willingness to make and learn from mistakes.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||9 hours and 17 minutes|
|Author||Kent Hoffman, Glen Cooper, Bert Powell, Daniel J. Siegel - foreword, Christine M. Benton - contributor|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||10 October 2017|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 1,897 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
2 in Social Work (Books)
8 in Child Psychology (Audible Books & Originals)
11 in Developmental Child Psychology
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
1) There are many parenting books that claim to be science based or attachment theory based but don't successfully interpret or communicate the research so as to help parents raise secure children. In fact some of the most insecure, withdrawn, unhappy and aggressive children I have seen are being raised by parents who follow books on attachment parenting or gentle parenting. This book is based on a tried and tested intervention called the Circle of Security that has been implemented and refined over 30 years with tens of thousands of families to teach parents (even those from severely deprived backgrounds) how to raise securely attached children.
2) It's beautifully simple! The whole book is around a simple image that you can memories that you can then refer to throughout your day that helps you better manage every interaction with your child.
3) The book enables you to self reflect and see areas of weakness in your own parenting that were compete blind spots
4) The book helps you become the kind of parent every child would love to have...one that is bigger, stronger, wiser and kind! One who delights in their child for who they are, not how they perform. One who takes charge whenever necessary and has clear limits and boundaries. A parent who protects, comforts, supports, enjoys, helps and follows their child's needs whenever possible. A parent who is quick to apologise when they get it wrong and are mean, weak or gone. A parent who provides a secure base for their child to explore the world and a safe haven for them to return to and have their emotional cup filled when they need. A parent who a child can run to with any and every emotion and have their parent help them organize those feelings. A parent who helps a child feel loved and liked and adored for who they are. A parent who gives their child freedom and independence and allows them to have their own mind. A parent who has got their child's back and 'gets them'. Who wouldn't want a parent like that!?
Have bought 10 copies now for friends and am considering becoming a course facilitator as so impressed with the circle of security.