OGX Restoring + Bonding Plex Salon Technology Shampoo, 13 Ounce
|Liquid Volume||385 Fluid Ounces|
About this item
- SALON STRENGTH PROTECTION: Our innovative formula is blended to provide superior protection & deep conditioning for overly processed & damaged hair. Improve the appearance of hair texture & shine.
- MAXIMIZE MOISTURE: Gently cleanse, improve moisture retention, & soothe damage caused by coloring, chemical treatments, & over-processing for healthier looking hair. Helps hair look smoother & shinier.
- BEAUTY PURE & SIMPLE: OGX products are inspired by nature. We don’t try to make hair look “perfect” because we’d rather make hair look fuller, smoother, curlier, or bouncier & smell irresistible.
- WHAT HAIR WANTS: Whether you need quenching moisture for curly hair, protection for color treated hair, blowout cream or matte pomade, OGX hair care products are designed to bring out your best.
- REAL QUALITY, REAL BEAUTY: Unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does. OGX hair & skin care product collections are here to help you look your best! We’re beauty, pure & simple.
Product detailsStyle Name:Shampoo
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 7.62 x 5.08 x 12.7 cm; 417.3 Grams
- Date First Available : 25 August 2018
- Manufacturer : Vogue International
- ASIN : B075KPX9LJ
- Item Model Number : 61081
- Customer Reviews:
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Improves the appearance of split ends
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 19 July 2020
Note: My hair is naturally brunette with 5% grey, medium/fine, mostly virgin hair with some balayage lightening in the ends. I have naturally straight hair that’s 18- 20inches long
At the start of March I couldn’t get to the hairdressers so decided to invest the money in the Olaplex range instead to improve the condition of my hair. I bought Olaplex 3 (treatment), 4 (shampoo), 5 (conditioner), 6 (bond smoother styling creme)and 7 (oil).
After the first use my hair was hugely improved and has only got better. I can now air dry my hair and don’t need to use any heat on it, improving it further. I though the shampoo and conditioner might be a bit of a waste but they’ve honestly made a massive difference.
I’m now nearing the ends of the bottles (a little goes such a long way, I wash my hair every 2-3 days and the bottles have all lasted over 7 months) and thought it might be good to find a cheaper alternative. This OGX range seemed a great replacement for Olaplex 4 -6 but I couldn’t find any direct comparisons so ended up buying to try.
To buy all 3 products from the OGX range was under £15-£20, less than the cost of one Olaplex product- so far so good! The OGX bottles are also larger.
On first use the difference is quite obvious. The scent is different, Olaplex has a scent I can’t place but is almost a little sherbet like? Very mild though and a clean scent. OGX was more peachy I think? Definitely the same sort of vibe but it reminded me of weak peach squash. The lather is totally different with the shampoo. I’ll directly compare below:
- Olaplex 4 shampoo I need about a 20p size dollop for huge amounts of super soft lather. Once rinsed out my hair feels completely clean and light without residue, also a little conditioned.
- OGX plex shampoo I needed 2/3 20p blobs, the constancy isn’t as rich. It didn’t really lather at all and was harder to work with. My hair didn’t feel great after. Not quite as bad as a standard drugstore shampoo but nothing like Olaplex 4.
- Olaplex 5 conditioner. With this product I take a 20p size blob and gently massage into the mids and ends of my hair. Then I use a tangle teezer to gently brush it through, catching what comes out in the palm of my other hand and running back through. My hair instantly feels like silk, it’s incredible! I leave it in for a few minutes usually but it’s still great even if I don’t. Amazing stuff.
- OGX Plex 2 conditioner. This was nowhere near as thick or rich as the Olaplex version. Again I needed 2/3 times as much. As my hair wasn’t very soft after the shampoo the massaging it in the ends/brushing through didn’t work as well. I left it in for the 3-5 minutes as instructed and rinsed out. My hair didn’t feel great at this point. It just isn’t rich enough. Perhaps good for oily hair?
LEAVE IN/STYLING CREAM COMPARISON
- Olaplex 5. I usually take a small blob of this, 1 or 2 pea sized amounts. I massage it through mids and ends and gently brush through with the tangle teezer. It makes my hair air dry in half the time and prevents frizz and fly away really well. You can tell how well as I don’t put it in my roots and there’s always loads of flyaways there! Doesn’t weigh down hair, amazing product. Slightly stronger scent than the shampoo and conditioner but lovely.
- OGX Plex 3 leave in. Less rich again, didn’t feel amazing. My hair took ages to air dry after, longer than without any product. My hair feels heavier and more coated than with Olaplex. It looks OK, better than with most standard drugstore products but worlds away from after Olaplex. I also think it may get greasier quicker so I will probably have to wash more often. The smell of this one was also a bit stronger, still pleasant.
For me the OGX Plex range is not anything like the comparable Olaplex products in terms of product or results.
However, there is a huge price difference (even taking into account the need to use more of OGX). If you have never used Olaplex or it’s no longer in your budget this range is absolutely worth a try. I think it’s probably better than many other drugstore options for shampoo/conditioner/leave in. If you use Olaplex and are looking for a cheaper alternative this isn’t it.
For me and my hair the difference in results with Olaplex is worth the cost considering how long it lasts. I still have about 6 weeks worth of Olaplex 3-7 left and then will repurchase as it will have lasted me well over 8 months at that point.
I have coarse wavy bleached hair which is thinning through stress.
My scalp has become irritated from moisturising shampoos and after my first use it is clarified. My hair is lively and clean.
TLDR better than moisture surge products for damaged/limp insubordinate hair.