Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Home Keg Kit System (Matte Flat Black 64 oz)
+ $30.23 Delivery
- NITRO BREW: Enjoy the great taste of Nitro Brew coffee, without paying at a coffeeshop each time! Enjoy unlimited home brews: by adding Nitrogen, your cold brew coffee will taste better and stay fresh MUCH longer!
- GREAT TASTE: Modeled after stout beer dispensing systems, featuring a special gas blend and stout beer faucet that work together to create a super-smooth, rich body with a foamy top similar to your favorite draught beer. Enjoy a frothy iced coffee without the need of creamer, dairy, or sweeteners!
- THE ORIGINAL & #1 MODEL: the ONLY model that includes a tap plug PLUS a carry bag! Beware of copycats, we're the original model, check our videos and great reviews! Attractive, durable matte flat black finished, food grade stainless steel 64 oz keg; coffee spear with unique pressure relief valve; upgraded stout creamer faucet; Nitrogen (N) cartridge holder casing; Faucet/Tower Combo Wrench; Tap Plug to Stop Drips; Custom Carry Bag; Cleaning Brushes; Plastic hose
- COMPATIBILITY: Use either two N (Nitrogen) Cartridges, or one N20 (Nitrous Oxide) Cartridge, for best results use 2 x NITRO by Best Whip Nitrogen cartridges (Search B07MZKBK6H on Amazon) or any Nitrogen cartridge (not included). Also works with N2O Nitrous Oxide! The Royal Brew is compatible with most 2g nitrogen capsules. Important: To allow gas to form, only fill the keg up to 50%-75% maximum with coffee!
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: American owned with 100% USA support! Message us 24/7 via Amazon for full support and service! Check the product videos on this page or search Royal Brew on youtube for troubleshooting videos
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
- Attractive, durable food grade stainless steel 64 (or 128) ounce keg with pressure relieving valve
- Stout Creamer Faucet - Essential for getting the trademark lacy foam of a good Guinness or a frothy iced coffee, without the need of dairy or creamer! Dual-action pour lets you add a creamy top to your pour.
- Cartridge holder casing - System is compatible with 2g N nitrogen cartridge (NOT included!) Use 2 per batch 64 oz keg (4 for 128oz). Option: N2O cartridges also work, 1 x 64 oz (2 x 128 oz).
- Faucet Combo Wrench - Makes installing or removing faucets easy!
- 2 x Cleaning Brushes - makes it easy to clean the tubing, faucets, and other hard-to-reach places!
- Plastic hose
- Dimensions (64oz): 13.9" x 7" x 7" (128oz): 19.5" x 7" x 5.25"
- Weight: 5.5 / 5.89 lbs
- Kit is not compatible with dishwasher, microwave, freezer, hot liquids, or highly acidic materials
- Before each use fill the keg with hot water and add 1 tablespoon baking soda or powdered wash; Shake until water runs from the top and allow to soak for 10 minutes; Use nylon keg brush to clean nitro keg; Rinse other pieces with hot water and allow to air dry completely before use or storage
- Quick Start Guide
- 1. Add coffee concentrate and water to the keg IMPORTANT: Only fill the keg up to 50%-75% maximum.
- 2. Install the faucet: add small thin black silicone rubber ring to spear/faucet connection point. Attach plastic hose.
- 3. Put the NITRO by Best Whip 2g N cartridge in jacket.
- 4. Screw in the nitrogen jacket until you hear a hissing noise.
- 5. Shake keg well then add 2nd cartridge! (do 4 total for 128 oz). Put into refrigerator for 1 hr minimum
- 6. Enjoy your nitro brew coffee!
- Note: It's normal if the faucet is dripping when you close it.
|5 star 69% (69%)||69%|
|4 star 17% (17%)||17%|
|3 star 6% (6%)||6%|
|2 star 4% (4%)||4%|
|1 star 4% (4%)||4%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
I immediately made a batch of cold brew and was impressed by the cascading foam. However, I noticed that the foam dissipated rather quickly. I contacted Royal Brew's customer support and they quickly replied and informed me that I had neglected to add an o-ring to the connection between the spear part. I went back and added this and it seemed to help quite a bit. I continued experimenting and found that adding any source of dairy - whether goat milk, cow milk, half-and-half, or pure cream significantly increased the foam stability (foam is a suspension of air in liquid).
The N2O cartridges add a sweet almost metallic taste to the brew which can be both desirable and undesirable - pending the palate. I rather enjoy the sweet nature of the N2O when there's a dairy source in there but not when it's just black brew. I ordered the N2 cartridges from NitroPress and tried those instead and found I much prefer the taste to the N2O cartridges. Alas, they are also much more expensive. I decided to break the numbers down to see how much I'm truly saving by using this tap vs continuing my Starbucks splurge.
Cost of keg after tax = $153.03
Cost of one 12 oz. nitro cold brew from Starbucks = $5.45
= ~28 cold brews from Starbucks to pay off the keg itself
Now, this is not factoring in the cost of cartridges or beans. So, once I order 28 nitro cold brews from Starbucks and pay off the keg itself - this is how the figures look:
Cost/batch (48 oz) of pure N2 = $2.20 (the NitroPress carts are $44.03 after tax for 40)
Cost/batch (48 oz) of coffee beans = $3.09 (assuming $14/lb)
= $2.20 + $3.09 = $5.29 for 48 oz. = $1.32/12 oz (one equivalent to Starbucks grande)
The cost of $1.32/12 oz using this tap saves me $4.13 per drink had I gone to Starbucks instead.
In case you don't mind using N2O - the cost comes out to $0.97/12 oz which equates to $4.48 savings per drink compared to Starbucks.
I'd encourage you to try both N2O and N2 to see what better suits your desired organoleptic properties. Again, N2O works well when dairy/fat source is added but I personally do not like it when it is just black coffee. I'm lucky enough to have access to raw cream and drinking that infused with the nitro coffee is the closest I've been to Heaven.
Final notes: I'd encourage you to try some other recipe ideas such as matcha, golden milk, and Thai tea - they all have turned out very well. Additionally, this keg is extremely easy to set up - just remember that extra o-ring. Royal Brew has helpful set-up videos in case something isn't making sense.
UPDATE: I just received the nitrogen and immediately put 2 cartridges in. The taste is great and everything meets my expectations. I will say, it's not the exact same as you will get from a kegerator setup but it's very close at a great value. I would definitely recommend this to someone who wants a quick and east way to get some nitro brew.
Update #2: I was wrong. This is the second time I used it and the nitrogen fitting leaks like a sieve and will not hold. Thank go for Amazon replacement policy. Well see how the next one goes.
Update #3: the company contacted me immediately after I sent them an email about the failure. Their customer service is top notch. They offered to replace the valve and completely understood my issue. Amazon already sent me a whole new replacement kit but if that wasnt the case, I would feel confident this company would make it right. Other than this issue, this keg is still high quality.
These are the products i bought that helped me most...
I also use Starbucks Siren coarse coffee grounds which you can only buy directly at stores.
Don't give up and keep trying! You'll get the perfect nitro you're looking for! Good luck! :)