- Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Criterion
- DVD Release Date: 5 December 2016
- Run Time: 110 minutes
- Customer Reviews: 379 customer ratings
- ASIN: B01M8GHNS4
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
2,566 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
- #1915 in Movies (Movies & TV)
The Royal Tenenbaums
|Additional Blu-ray options||
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Royal Tenenbaum (Unforgiven’s GENE HACKMAN) and his wife, Etheline (Prizzi’s Honor’s ANJELICA HUSTON) had three children - Chas, Margot, and Richie and then they separated. Chas (Meet the Parents’ BEN STILLER) started buying real estate in his early teens and seemed to have an almost preternatural understanding of international finance. Margot (Shakespeare in Love’s GWYNETH PALTROW) was a playwright and received a Braverman Grant of $50,000 in the ninth grade. Richie (Rushmore’s LUKE WILSON) was a junior champion tennis player and won the U.S. Nationals three years in a row. Virtually all memory of the brilliance of the young Tenenbaums was subsequently erased by two decades of betrayal, failure, and disaster. The Royal Tenenbaums is a hilarious, touching and brilliantly stylized study of melancholy and redemption from WES ANDERSON (The Darjeeling Limited).
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:
- Restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by director Wes Anderson, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
- Audio commentary by Wes Anderson
- With the Filmmaker: Portraits by Albert Maysles, featuring Wes Anderson
- Interviews with and behind-the-scenes footage of actors Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, and Danny Glover
- The Peter Bradley Show, featuring interviews with additional cast members
- Scrapbook featuring young Richie’s murals and paintings, still photographs by set photographer James Hamilton, book and magazine covers, and storyboards
- Studio 360 radio segment on painter Miguel Calderón, along with examples of his work
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
|5 star 82% (82%)||82%|
|4 star 9% (9%)||9%|
|3 star 4% (4%)||4%|
|2 star 1% (1%)||1%|
|1 star 3% (3%)||3%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
Also, for your interest, there is already a release of "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" as a region "B" release due for shipping in a few days (25th June 2018.)
This release of The Royal Tenenbaums is excellent...... Wes Anderson is incapable of making a bad film!
Seeing Gene Hackman in a comedy role was unexpected, but he pulled it off with aplomb. I already knew he was a great actor, but this uncharacteristic part further reinforced my admiration. Gwyneth Paltrow also shone very brightly, giving a great turn as a former child prodigy turned nervous wreck adult. Throughout this film there is a succession of events that should generate light chuckles, which build its momentum and carry it along rather well. There are also a couple of mood-changing darker moments which linger in the air, to make you wonder whether laughing was appropriate. A clever ploy. Recommended
The soundtrack as always with a Wes Anderson film is fantastically indie and only adds to the style and feel of the film - with songs from; the Rolling Stones, Nico, Nick Drake, The Clash, Paul Simon, and Van Morrison, though my favourite has to be Mutato Muzika Orchestra's version of "Hey Jude"
Absolutely love this film and definitely recommend you give it a go, If you haven't seen it you are definitely missing out.