Rune Factory 4 Special - Archival Edition for Nintendo Switch
+ $11.25 Delivery
Amazon Global Store
- Archival Edition - 160-page art book featuring artwork from all previous Rune Factory games, Rune Factory 4 Special original soundtrack CD consisting of 36 tracks, and 'Swimsuit day' DLC that adds an option to have characters appear in their swimsuits
- The popular spinoff from the Story of Seasons series returns as an HD remaster of the Nintendo 3DS classic combining farming and family life with monster battling and taming with an epic story that's accessible to new players and series veterans alike
- A world where every day is filled with adventure - Whether it be governing as the local ruler, tilling the fields or heading to a dungeon to take on dangerous foes, the diverse amount of activities ensure that each day is a new adventure
- Customize your battle strategy - Use swords, spears, staffs and magic to personalize your battle tactics as formidable monsters await in trap-laden dungeons. Invite the townsfolk along, develop friendships with certain monsters and grow stronger together
- Plenty of romance - The addition of Newlywed mode allows players to deepen their relationship after wedding vows have been exchanged, while newly added cut scenes and Veteran mode ensure there's plenty of other new content for returning fans to experience
Amazon Global Store
Style Name: Archival Edition
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Rune Factory 4 Special marks the return of the beloved entry in the popular STORY OF SEASONS spinoff series that combines farming with dungeon adventuring, as the series makes its debut on Nintendo Switch with upgraded HD graphics, a new “Newlywed Mode,” and additional cut-scenes. In this standalone story, players choose to play as a male or female hero and will encounter a diverse cast of potential suitors and other loveable townsfolk. As the newly appointed prince or princess, you can fulfill your royal duties by issuing ordinances to help the town prosper, or take a more rural approach to governing by raising your own fruits and vegetables and helping townsfolk. Should some dungeon adventuring be on the day's itinerary, you can craft or buy a vast array of swords, spears, and staves along with magic for battle against dangerous foes, or even bring along some companions or friendly monsters to aid you during your travels.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
The game comes with a physical manual which I think is neat.
The downside is that my box was pretty damaged upon arrival.
I’m very picky about stuff like that though and if you’re like me it’s just one thing to think about. They send it in plastic mailers and not in a box.
The box is beautiful, the contents within are beautiful, the music is beautiful!!!!!
The game is fantastic so far. This is my first RF game but I didn’t want to miss out on this archival edition and regret it later on.
My friend had recommended this game to me previously and now I’m glad I can finally play it.
This game is a dream for anyone interested in farming simulation, surprisingly intense JRPG combat (especially with the new Hell mode), building relationships with interesting and well-written characters, following a good storyline, and enjoying (literally) endless gameplay.
The OST is nice as most of the game music is there aside from both the original and new OP music. Not really surprising, it just seems silly to not have them.
I still very much recommend this for fans of the Rune Factory series, especially for the artbook.
Everything is beautiful the only down point was the side being alittle squished but I put the fault entirely on the mail man that try to push it incorrectly in the mailbox
I love the artbook that came with the special edition, but I know I will never use the CD. I wish they had provided us with a download code for the music file so that we would be able to save it on our computers, but that is just a personal issue. Overall I am currently excited to play this game again.
The art book is an excellent commemoration of the series so far, and I haven't actually been able to check out the CD yet due to a lack of a CD/DVD drive.
Swimsuit day DLC is essentially an on/off switch for character outfits that can be used at any time and has little impact on the game overall. Character dialogues change when swimsuit day is activated.
The game itself is a pretty enjoyable experience with light ARPG dungeon crawling elements and surprisingly in-depth farming, crafting, and pet raising systems.
While Selphia itself is small, townsfolk will randomly start events and conversations and will talk to you differently depending on your relationships with them. The dialogue pool is pretty huge and keeps you interested in interacting with them.
You can definitely take things at your own pace as you play the game, and I would highly recommend this game to people that have played previous entries in the series or people that enjoy games like Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing.