SKYMEE Owl Robot: Movable Full HD Pet Camera with Treat Dispenser, Interactive Toy for Dogs and Cats, Mobile Control via App
- Manual Driving & Smart Interaction: Remote control Owl Robot via app to cruise at home and track pets for a fun hide and seek game. Automatically triggers multiple action modes by infrared sensing to interact with your pet and make it more active.
- Full HD Camera & Night Vision: 1080p Full HD Pet Camera with 4x zoom and night vision, you will be able to see your pet clearly day and night, save high quility images or video, and control Owl Robot flexibly.
- Treat Tossing & 2-way Audio: You can make Owl Robot moves and leaves a snack route to lure your curious pet. While it is naughty or anxious, you can comfort it by instant voice and dispense favorite treats to make it happy.
- Motion Detection & TF Recording: Owl Robot will automatically react and push message to you when it detects pet behavior. And video can also be recorded automatically after installing TF card(no included). Help you monitor your home situation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- More details: Long battery life for 8 hours of continuous use. Two connection modes make the use more friendly. Even if your phone doesn't have a network, you can still use the owl in AP mode (remote control need 2.4G wifi)
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
SKYMEE Owl Robot
Give your pet real companionship
- Skymee owl robot ensure better interaction and entertainment with your pets.
- With wifi connection, you can access and use it remotely.
- With AP mode, you can use it outdoors without internet.
- Even during busy work hours, you can turn on automatic mode to allow Owl Robot to interact with pet without manual control!
- Long battery life
- Low noise multi-speed motor
- Online product updates
- Wifi mode only supports 2.4GHz Wifi
- App for iOS 8 / Android 4.3 and above
*Please note： We will update the firmware regularly, please update the device firmware to the latest in the initial use.
If you encounter any problems please get technical support through the app's help box.
- Remotely & Auto Driving
- Full HD Pet Camera & Night Vision
- Fun Treat Dispenser
- 2-Way Audio
- Snap & Record Video
- Motion Detection & TF Recording
- Wifi mode & AP mode
- 8 People Login & Watch Video
To find and track your pet anywhere
Pets are very lively and will not stay in one place for a long time. With the skymee app, you can drive Owl Robot to track your pet and interact with it.
To see and talk with your pet anytime
Owl Robot has a 1080p full HD camera with 4x zoom and 130° Wide-angle view, and built-in HD 2 way audio microphone. Clearly to see and talk with your furry baby anytime.
Play with your furry baby
Control Owl Robot to run or make rotations, rollovers and other action modes. Even you can toss treats to reward it after the interaction.(Recommended treats size of 4mm-16mm)
AP mode (No need WIFI)
Switch to the AP and press and hold the red reset button for 5s to reset owl robot. Open phone wifi settings to connect the hotspot of "skymee_C20", then open the skymee app to enter AP mode. Even if you and your pet are outdoors, and your phone doesn't have internet, you can use ALL the features of Owl Robot without internet!
When the owl robot detects pet behavior, it will automatically wake up and interact.
And video can also be recorded automatically after the TF card is installed(Not included, support 16 GB ~ 64 GB, class10 & above).
Owl Robot has 8 infrared lights which automatically turned on/off according to the light or manually turned on/off for your needs to see your pet clearly day and night.
Easy Set Up (only supports 2.4G WiFi):
- Please download skymee app, register an account and add a device-Owl robot.
- Turn on owl robot, press and hold the red reset button for 5s to reset it.
- Enter the home wifi password in the skymee app.
- Let the left-eye camera read the QR code of phone, keep the distance 5-10cm, after hearing the "beep", click Next and wait for connection succeed.
- If owl robot sleeps during the setting process, please wake it up and repeat steps 2~4.
Easy to setup
Easy to use
Sharing live video
Customers who bought this item also bought
|5 star 59% (59%)||59%|
|4 star 12% (12%)||12%|
|3 star 10% (10%)||10%|
|2 star 10% (10%)||10%|
|1 star 9% (9%)||9%|
Review this product
Top international reviews
If you ever owned a Furbo, you might be surprised by this since you can only have 1 Furbo on the same wifi network. But with Skymee, you can have as many cameras as you wish.
We have ONE “Owl Robot” and TWO “Pet Talk AI II” cameras on our wifi network.
I will review the Owl Robot here. I will write another review for the 2x “Pet Talk AI II”.
Here’s what stands out about the Owl Robot and why this camera was the first Skymee we bought for monitoring our Abyssinian (cat), after reading everything we could about it before.
We love that camera for our cat for several reasons.
1-FEEDING DRY TREATS ala CAT.
If your pet is a cat, he may not appreciate the idea of treats being pitched through the air. A dog is a dog, but a cat is not a dog. We tried treats rewarding ala Furbo but our cat got scared, really didn’t like it. So no treat pitching for our pet!
But the “Owl Robot” handles treats-giving differently. The “Owl Robot” MOUTH below the nose simply “drops” treats on the floor on your command from the app. Cats get rewarded without being scared by “projectiles”! Works great! A good way to reward a kitty during or after a play session with the robot.
2- MOBILITY -this robot is on wheels and meant to live on the floor. It has two large wheels - one on each side- and a small “universal wheel” underneath in the back that allows it to turn in any direction you choose.
You control the trajectory and speed from the app on your phone. You can take the Owl Robot for a ride while watching your cat, checking if he follows you, and move from room to room if you want.
Cats are very curious by nature so, when the Owl Robot wakes up (when you activate it from your phone), your cat will probably show up. If you need any help to get him interested in the robot at first, there is a fun “tail” that attaches to the robot that is simply irresistible. By the way, it’s a good idea to first learn to move the robot, and get your cat used to it, while you are at home.
As you move the Owl Robot, there are some neat figures you can have it do if you wish : spins, flips, swayings, etc. that can attract & entertain your kitty.
When you are away and your kitty HEARS your voice (there’s a mike & speaker), chances are he’ll be surprised at first by your new appearance (lol) but he’ll be very interested in that… “mom” or “dad” is in there!
And, the “piece of resistance” will come when, this new pal of his will, gently and "lovingly", drop a few treats: there you have it, bond for life!
You can take pictures and videos - no audio recording yet - and watch them on your phone (you need to add an optional memory card to the unit first).
As soon as I wake up the Owl Robot from the app on my phone, my cat comes out of its hiding place running, even if he was on a different floor at the start.
There are three different travelling speeds you can choose to move the robot.
There are also choices of resolution, from Standard to FHD (selectable depending on the speed of your wifi bandwidth), and a small zoom.
The infrared camera is very powerful and offers a very clear black and white picture. You can leave it on the automatic mode or switch to manual. I personally prefer the Manual Mode because I find the auto mode switches to night vision too early. I prefer the colour picture and will wait until it is much darker to switch to night vision. Switching views is quick and easy through the settings in the app.
Charging an almost empty battery requires about 6 hours. A fully charged battery will yield several hours of continuous use or several days of standby.
We are very happy with our Owl Robot, this is why we invested in two more Skymee cameras (2x “Pet Talk AI II”).
We have called on Customer Support a few times. Their support is second to none. In fact, it as outstanding. They reply quickly (less than 24 hours), and they really LISTEN, they take the time to READ what you tell them, so you get real help & solutions. They... care. And they are open to suggestions.
The only “stumbling stone" is the setup. But this Owl Robot camera and the enjoyment we get from using it is such that I can't take a star away.
The setup has to be done and it has to be done right. It's not difficult, but the steps are specific and sequential. They are detailed in the guide and have to be followed. If you familiarize yourself with the steps AHEAD of doing them and follow them as they should, there is absolutely no problem, and they don't take long.
Problems and retakes may occur if cutting corners, trying to do it intuitively, forgetting steps or not following the sequence.
There is also a firmware update to be done.
There are steps to follow for the setup but they are worth your time. The benefits you will get from using this robot are really great.
Here are my recommendations.
STEP ONE, while waiting for your owl:
Make sure your Owl Robot will have access to a 2.4GHz frequency Wi-fi network (like many other brands of cameras, Skymee cameras don’t work on 5G frequency)
Get and Install the APP on your phone -search Skymee and download (Google Play) or (App Store).
Once you have the Owl Robot, plug and CHARGE it, and WAIT for the red light in the back of the robot to GO OFF - this may take several hours depending on how empty the battery is.
While the battery is charging, familiarize yourself with the literature and accessories.
Note these physical characteristics:
1- Back of robot, make sure the SWITCH is under STA for a Wi-fi connection
2- Back of robot, notice the slot on the right, this is where you will insert an optional TF-CARD memory card (up to 64 GIG), to record stills and videos
3- Under robot, notice the small universal wheel: that wheel allows all turns and manoeuvers,
4- Under robot, notice the DOOR that you can slide open with your thumb on a button, where you can put dry treats inside, size 7-16MM
5- Front of robot, locate the LEFT eye of the robot (on your RIGHT), that’s the eye that SEES (!), it is THAT eye that must be aligned with your phone in the PAIRING stage.
6- Accessory - there’s a 2nd door with a hoop if you want to use/attach the “tail” toy to attract you cat to the Owl Robot at first. (we used it at first but now use the robot without it because it simplifies the moving around)
7- Accessory - there are several little “white balls” in a bag: those are spare universal wheels for the robot. Keep them in a safe place, should you need to replace the original one.
8- Spend some time carefully going over the SETTING up STEPS.
I strongly recommend reading them before installation time, and even making your own notes (that’s how I proceeded) I successfully connected the Owl Robot to our Wi-fi.
REMEMBER these important facts;
Connect to an 2.4 GHz network only
Familiarize yourself with set up steps ahead of time
Follow the setup steps from START to FINISH carefully. It works.
You will have to
1- FIRST Successfully connect to your wi-fi network
2- SECOND Do a firmware update
3- THIRD Reconnect: a) Physically reset Owl Robot b) Trash Robot Owl from the APP c) add Robot Owl from your APP d) Reconnect Owl Robot to your wi-fi network
4- Don’t forget: you are not alone. THERE’S GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT should you need it. For assistance, contact email@example.com
MOST OF ALL: enjoy your “Owl Robot” its an excellent monitoring camera and a lot of fun for you and your pet. I would buy it again and again in a heartbeat!
But mostly use it when I’m at work or not home.
I also have skymee camera treat disposers and pet feeder. This brand is awsome! Recommend 300%.
- Good camera
- Works as a security Robot cam
- pet loves to play with
- the App leak a lot of futures
- it can’t be on free mode always get stuck
- don’t understand any obstacles and will keep trying to go over
- food inside and keep combining about no food even if it is the perfect fit
So far 3.5 from 5
Don’t understand why anyone will give it 5
Unless they got it for free
**** update ! One of the customer service representatives reached out to me and got everything taken care of. They made sure I was heard, and also got a different model sent to me. He worked hard to get me what I wanted and now I’m just waiting for the product to arrive! Very excited again to have a camera for my dog. Thank you Skymee for everything :) *******
The product was great...... at first. It only took a 30 minutes to figure out how to get it to work, you can tell that instructions were not translated very well. The toy itself, our dog LOVED it. It was easy to use, working well from the phone as well on manual mode, but the auto mode didn’t work.
After a day of use, we decided to leave it on the floor for our dog to play with. He DESTROYED it and ripped up the tread off the wheel. The robot is made of very cheap quality and our 18 lbs dog ripped it up. So much for spending 200$... you’d assume it’d be more reliable and durable. He could have also choked on those rubber pieces.
I called into amazon to complain and they can’t do anything except have me return it and ship it back, great... more responsibility for me after buying a 200$ product. I think this is very unfair, so they tell me to contact the manufacturer. And wow, I’ve emailed them through their website, Instagram and their Facebook with still no reply. Everything’s in China....
I loved the idea of the toy, my dog did love it, but it is built too cheap and I am very unhappy how customer care from both Amazon, the seller and the manufacturer reacted to my situation.
Please don’t buy until they make changes to the toy quality and customer care.
I will include photos and videos from both the product working and broken to be fair.
1. App to control it is perfect. I have two ground drones and this is just as easy to control.
2. The video quality is really good. I wish there was a zoom feature but just really outstanding video.
3. The control via distance works well, takes a second to buffer
4. It dispenses treats, which the pets will love. I briefly tested this toy with my bengal and he was following it for good quickly.
1. It’s a little loud, it’s going to scare some pets. Probably wise to introduce slowly and make sure you release pets quickly.
2. There is a small delay in the feature to talk through it. Ultimately that isn’t a huge issue, just one I’ve noticed.
3. I don’t like that it forces firmware updates before use, I had to do multiple updates to test it out.
it has night vision, so you dont need the house lights on to use it.
There is remote control for this with decent resolution cctv. The resolution of the camera is adjustable. I dont see any other treat machines.