- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 4.6 x 4.6 cm ; 318 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 318 g
- Item Model Number: 436
- ASIN: B0002568S6
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 21 September 2018
- Customer Reviews: 6,242 customer ratings
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 158 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
Seachem Prime Concentrated Conditioner 250 ml, 250 ml
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and saltwater
- Removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia, nitrite and nitrate
- 5X more concentrated dechlorinator
- Detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels
- Converts ammonia into a safe, non- toxic form that is readily removed by the tank's biofilter
Size: 250 ml
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Seachem Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and saltwater. It is up to 5x more concentrated dechlorinator. Removes chlorine and chloramine. It contains a binder which renders ammonia, nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them. Detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels. Converts ammonia into a safe, non- toxic form that is readily removed by the tank's biofilter. It may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Non-acidic and will not impact pH. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water. Available in 250 ml bottle.
From the manufacturer
Typically, dechlorinators stop there, leaving an aquarium full of toxic ammonia
Seachem takes the necessary next step by including an ammonia binder.
- To detoxify the ammonia produced in the reduction process.
Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and saltwater. Prime removes chlorine, chloramine and detoxifies ammonia. Prime converts ammonia into a safe, non-toxic form that is readily removed by the tank's biofilter. Prime may be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/ nitrite toxicity. Prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the biofilter to more efficiently remove them.
- It will also detoxify any heavy metals found in the tap water at typical concentration levels. Prime is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Prime will not overactivate skimmers.
- Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water. When transporting or quarantining fish, use Seachem StressGuard. When adding new fish, use Stability. Both are ideal for use with Prime.
- A single 100 mL bottle will treat 1000 US gallons of tap water. Prime will remove both chloramines from municipal water supplies.
- Prime also contains a binder which renders ammonia, nitrite, and non-toxic. It is very important to understand how those two functions work together.
- The reduction process also breaks the bonds between chlorine and nitrogen atoms in the chloramine molecule, freeing the chlorine atoms and replacing them with hydrogen to create ammonia.
- Prime promotes the natural production and restoration of the slime coat rather than relying on artificial or non-native slime compounds.
- A further bonus for the reef hobbyist , Prime will not overactivate protein skimmers.
Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 US gallons) of new water. For smaller volumes, please note each cap thread is approximately 1 mL. May be added to aquarium directly, but better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium, base dose on aquarium volume. Sulfur odor is normal. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. To detoxify nitrite in an emergency, up to 5 times normal dose may be used. If temperature is > 30 °C (86 °F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low, use a half dose.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top international reviews
Turns out my RO system was allowing out a large proportion of solids, chlorine and chloramine kill beneficial bacteria and this is what caused the die off. The Prime sorted that too but it was too late. Anyway...
Dosing with this my ammonia eventually stopped rising at 0.145 (on my seneye - so this is NH3 only, free ammonia). And then started creeping down. Within 6 days my ammonia has come down to 0.002 and no nitrites are registering either - basically fully cycled (again) in this time. I would REALLY recommend this for any startup, or emergency - hand in hand with Prime honestly, i dont think my fish would have survived this.
I have 7 BIG fish in a 1000l tank (marine) - not one casualty due to quick action with this!
Fish seem much happier after switching to this water conditioner. Promotes slime coat on the fish. Only need to use 1/2 a capfull in my 120l tank, so provides a few years use. Definitely aids in keeping the water parameters correct.
Was recommended by a friend. Very impressed during my usage of Prime during the past few months. Would recommend for aquarium keepers, water parameters have never been so stable.
I was at first put of by the high price of the bottle (500ml) which I ordered in June 2017. However, as this is concentrated, I ordered the next bottle in February 2019.. and I am STILL now (April 2019) using the last of the first bottle. It lasts ages! My aquarium is 110L and I used the prime for every water change and the odd setting up and playing around with a smaller tank.. yet it still lasted me nearly 2 years!
I had a real problem with a newly established tank . My nitrite levels were off the charts but my nitrate was normal .
Let me tell you what worked for me
Include biological filter medium ( ceramic rings ) in to your filter even if you have to partially replace the sponge with medium. Always make sure the sponge is on top
In a new tank don't conduct water changes unless there is an emergency .Let your tank settle.
Get an airstone to increase flow .
And get Seachem prime .
Prime won't sort out your nitrate/nitrate problems but it detoxifies them which buys you time to establish your cycle .
I was losing fish until prime intervened and my cycle kicked in , hence the 999 reference .
Only a cycled tank will make fish happy but prime might buy you enough time to allow the cycle to kick in .
If you want the best quality for your fish then this stuff is 100% the way to go, does exactly what it says on the bottle.
Used this on my tropical setups
Pros - easy guidelines to follow and does eliminate bad toxins this can be checked with a test kit.
Cons - the only downfall is that the smaller bottles do have a drip tip so you have to do around 5 - 6 drips but the larger bottles have a cap to pour into but if you have smaller bottle lying around just switch the tops over.
would recommend as i have.
When I do a water change I add clean water straight from the tap, so I dose the whole tank. I have a 200l so I only need 5ml at a time. This also got me through a crash as you can dose up to 5 times in an emergency, and I managed to save most of my fish when I had high nitrites for a while.