|Educational Objective(s)||World geography science|
|Number of Pieces||1|
|Remote Control Included?||No|
|Release date||23 November 2017|
|Mfg Recommended age||4 - 12 years|
|Item Model Number||Shifu014|
|Product Dimensions||25.91 x 25.91 x 34.29 cm; 1.2 Kilograms|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ $9.95 delivery
Shifu Orboot (App Based): Augmented Reality Interactive Globe for Kids, Stem Toy for Boys & Girls Ages 4+ Educational Toy Gift (No Borders, No Names On Globe)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ► Orboot Globe + app takes your child on an augmented reality based journey around the world. Fun. Interactive. Educational. Learn Geography, History, Environmental Science, and more(No borders and no names on Globe)
- ► COMPATIBILITY - Orboot app is free on iOS and Android. Compatible with - iPad 5th gen & above, iPad Air all models, iPad Pro All models, iPad Mini 2 & above, iPhone 6 & above; Android 3GB RAM and above. Amazon devices (kindles) are currently not supported at the moment.
- ► The box comes with a 10” globe, passport, stamps, country flag stickers, and a detailed help guide.
- ► ORBOOT APP - Explore 400+ highlights and 1000+ world facts across 6 categories - cultures, monuments, inventions, animals, maps and weather for various countries.
- ► STEAM ahead - a perfect toy for the ever-curious kids that sparks their imagination and curiosity. It helps build knowledge, linguistic and cognitive skills. Makes for an amazing and unique gift for kids!
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
(No borders or names on globe) orboot is a one-of-its-kind 10” globe and orboot is also an app. When you bring the two together, It opens up the magic of augmented reality. A no-boundaries globe lets kids of age 4+ Explore the incredible world through the fun & interactive app. It engages them in a way that they can relate to every story, and ignite their imagination to make each adventure their own. Orboot has culminated from a wealth of research and representation to give an experience that will help the young minds grow.
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
Now getting down to the story. My 6 year old got bored of it within an hour of interaction. She used to spend hours pondering over the 100 rupee worth India map I had with me! She learnt States, capitals and major cities by looking at that map itself. I wanted an extension for her learning experience and thought this could be of help to make her discover the globe itself!
App integration is also not appreciable and many places it was not able to detect it's own pictorials, like that of the seahorse.
Augmented reality is an interesting addition, but it needs to be integrated properly to capture the interest of kids. Data is not detailed. All countries, major States are not covered. Country borderlines, vegetation, climate, transportation patterns could be included to make it more interesting and a longer past-time for kids. You got limited categories like flags, animals, cuisine, etc. That too, is not thorough.
Although the quality of the globe is ok, I feel the rate is still high. It doesn't match up to the expectation of keeping my kid busy through her summer holidays (or even the weekend!) with oodles of knowledge.
Augmented reality was patchy, useful in places, but Google Earth would have given me more info! Shifu needs to do more. I, for one, am not a satisfied customer.
My suggestion to would-be buyers... if your kid is just beginning to learn (maybe 4+ years) and not exposed to other visual media, go for it.. otherwise you may be kinda disappointed in the long run.
!!!but our province of Newfoundland wasn’t even on the globe! Too bad !