|Product Dimensions||38.1 x 12.7 x 7.62 cm; 202 Grams|
|Special Features||Dishwasher SafeCommercial Use|
|Item Weight||202 g|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Kai Shun Classic Chefs Kitchen Knife 20cm, Stainless Steel, DM0706
|Blade material||Blade Material|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||38.1 x 12.7 x 7.6 centimetres|
About this item
- VG-MAX steel is a formula exclusive to Shun with extra tungsten for a sharper edge, more chromium for corrosion resistance and additional cobalt and carbon for strength and durability
- Handle is ebony PakkaWood; PakkaWood is a hardwood infused with resin for a durable, water resistant finish, perfect for easy cleaning and tough enough for constant use
- For proper slicing, push the knife forward and down while cutting through food and then pull it up and back, repeating the process in a locomotive motion; this prevents chipping for smooth cuts
- Shun the Japanese word indicates a foods peak ripeness; Shun draws on its Japanese roots and traditional blade-making practices to produce knives that perform excellently
- The 8-inch Chefs Knife is a staple kitchen utensil and a great gift for newlyweds, homeowners, parents, grandparents, cooks, aspiring chefs, hostesses or to keep as a personal kitchen tool
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
If there is one knife that you simply can't be without, it's this one. The shun classic 8-inch chef's knife is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The eight-inch length is perfect for preparing fruits, vegetables, proteins, and other foods. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. With its curved belly, the chef's knife can be gently "Rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. Shun classic's thinner blades makes it lighter and less tiring to use than comparable european-style chef's knives. The shun classic 8-in. Chef's knife is part of the shun classic line of tasteful and contemporary cutlery. The shun classic line features beautiful damascus-clad blades and d-shaped ebony pakkawood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance vg-max steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel. The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable, and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold. The shun classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task. The true does-it-all kitchen knife hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive) steel: proprietary vg-max cutting core, 32 layers of stainless damascus cladding handle: d-shaped ebony pakkawood blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm) handcrafted in japan
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Top reviews from other countries
And outstanding chef's knife.