- Product Dimensions: 4.4 x 4.4 x 15.7 cm ; 122 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 240 g
- ASIN: B07BF7JRRC
- Date first available at Amazon.com.au: 19 February 2019
- Customer Reviews: 3 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
3,625 in Health, Household & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health, Household & Personal Care)
- #27 in Cold & Flu Medicine
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle - Kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat, 120mL
- KILLS BACTERIA: Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat
- TREAT SORE THROAT INFECTIONS: May be used as an aid in the treatment of an infected sore throat
- CONVENIENT MEASURE INCLUDED: Help ensure that the correct dosage is administered by using the convenient measure included with the pack
- CONTAINS POVIDONE-IODINE: Betadine Ready To Use Gargle contains the ingredient povidone-iodine
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat, also known as pharyngitis. It may also be used as an aid in the treatment of an infected sore throat.
A convenient measure is included inside each pack to help ensure that correct dosage is administered.
Contains povidone-iodine. Contains alcohol and saccharin.
1. IQVIA data, Australia, Sore Throat Segment, Gargle Sub Segment, Unit Sales, 52 Weeks March 2020
2. Healthline, Australia, Sore Throat 101, September 2017
3. Healthline, Australia, Help for Sore Throats, September 2013
4. Healthline, Australia, 12 Natural Remedies for Sore Throat, March 2017
From the manufacturer
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle Benefits
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle kills bacteria that can cause sore throats - fast*.
*In laboratory studies
Treat sore throats
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle may be used as an aid in the treatment of an infected sore throat (pharyngitis).
Fast acting* and convenient
It does not require dilution with water, and can be taken at home, work, or elsewhere using the convenient measure included in the pack.
*In laboratory studies.
#1 Sore throat gargle
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle is a part of the #1 sore throat gargle range in Australia.¹
|Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle||Betadine Anaesthetic Lozenges||Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges||Betadine Sore Throat Gargle Concentrated|
|Product benefit||Kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat fast*. *In laboratory studies.||Numbs a painful sore throat fast. Reduces throat inflammation. Provides antibacterial action.||Relieves sore throat discomfort. Helps kill bacteria.||Kills bacteria that may cause a sore throat, fast*. *In laboratory studies.|
|Directions||Gargle 15mL for 30 seconds, every 3-4 hours if necessary||Dissolve 1 lozenge in the mouth, every 2-3 hours as required (maximum 12 lozenges per day)||Dissolve 1 lozenge in the mouth, every 2-3 hours as required||Dilute 1mL with water to make 20mL, then gargle for 30 seconds, every 3-4 hours if necessary|
|Sizes||120mL bottle||16 pack and 36 pack||16 pack and 36 pack||15mL bottle and 40mL bottle|
|Flavours||-||Honey & Lemon, Berry||Soothing Honey & Lemon, Menthol & Eucalyptus, Orange||-|
|Inclusions in pack||A convenient measure, to help you gargle the recommended amount||-||-||A convenient measure, to help you gargle the recommended amount|
|Ingredients||Povidone-Iodine. Contains alcohol and saccharin.||Dichlorobenzyl alcohol, Benzydamine hydrochloride, lidocaine (lignocaine) hydrochloride monohydrate. Contains alcohol, isomalt and sucralose.||Dichlorobenzyl alcohol and Amylmetacresol. Contains sugars.||Povidone-Iodine. Contains alcohol.|
Three common causes of a sore throat
#1: Viral throat infections
A viral infection is the most common cause of a sore throat - about 90% of cases. Always seek the advice of a healthcare professional if you are experiencing extreme discomfort, difficulty breathing or swallowing, or if symptoms do not improve with self care.
Tips to help beat a sore throat
- Get as much rest as possible, eat soft and nutritious foods, and avoid smoking⁴
- Drink plenty of water and non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages³
- Hot water with a squeeze of lemon and dollop of honey can be soothing⁴
- Gargle with warm salty water³, or try using Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle every 3-4 hours
- Sucking on a lozenge such as Betadine Sore Throat Lozenges or Betadine Anaesthetic Lozenges may be soothing and relieve symptoms
- Inhaling steam can help to relieve congestion associated with sore throats³
Betadine Ready To Use Sore Throat Gargle requires no dilution. Pour Betadine Sore Throat Gargle to the fill line of the measure cup provided (15mL) and gargle for 30 seconds. Do not swallow. Repeat every 3-4 hours if necessary.