|Product Dimensions||37.85 x 13.97 x 3.81 cm; 816.47 Grams|
|Material||ABS plastic frame|
|Item Weight||816 g|
Swissmar Borner V-Prep Mandoline V-5000, 7 Piece Set
- Set includes: Tough ABS plastic frame, Food Safety Holder; 3 inserts (7mm & 3.5mm blade insert, Thick/Thin reversible slicing plane insert) Multi-function bowl with lid for safe, compact storage.
- Surgical grade German made stainless steel blades are incredibly sharp and perfect for producing a variety of cuts, julienne, slice thicknesses, shredding and creating fantastic French fries.
- The ambidextrous Food Safety holder provides complete protection, control and is easy to use. Prongs hold the food securely while the guard protects your hands from the blades.
- Safely and easily stores all components in the bowl when not in use. Unit sits in the palm of your hand or on top of the multi-function bowl when in use.
- Do not use over sized vegetables on the mandoline. please refer instruction booklet for correct usage.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
The Swissmar V-Prep V-Slicer Mandoline set is a joint venture by two well established kitchenware companies. As long term partners, Swissmar clearly knows that Börner, with their 50+ years of experience and being the makers of the Original V-Slicer, were the perfect manufacturer of the V-Prep V-Slicer. Combined with the Swissmar designed multi-functional bowl, this set provides everything you need - it's safe, easy to use, compact, stores completely protected and offers the performance and results that one expects from a Börner made V-Slicer. You too can prepare foods like a professional, with the safe and simple to use V-Prep. The V-Prep Mandoline is made of durable ABS plastic with German surgical grade stainless steel blades. Three inserts allow you to slice, julienne and shred cuts. The ambidextrous Food Safety Holder has a serrated edge to safely push food off slicer and requires very little pressure. Steel pins grip most sizes and shapes of produce to create even slices every time. The multi- function bowl with lid stores all parts when not in use and catches all sliced fruits and vegetables when in use. Easy to clean; rinse under hot or cold running water immediately after use.
From the manufacturer
Swissmar Borner V-Prep Mandoline.
- BÖRNER of Germany, manufactures one of the finest quality vegetable slicers in the market today and are one of the leading edges in design and technology. Their unique products help add creativity to any meal. Set includes a storage caddy, V-Slicer body with V-Blade crafted from surgical grade stainless steel, thick/thin plane insert for 2 slice thicknesses, 7mm and 3.5mm inserts for julienne, shred or cube cuts and a safety holder. With non-skid feet the slicing unit rests easily in palm of the hand when in use and a cut-out notch to rest the slicer on the rim of a bowl. Safety holder features steel pins to grip produce securely creating even slices every time. Simply rinse under the tap and air dry in the storage caddy.
Swissmar Borner V-Prep Mandoline V-5000, 7 Piece Set
Slice, Dice, You're Done
The Original V Slicer.
- The 'Original V-Slicer' is a German made mandoline slicer.
- Easy, fast and safe work of slicing fruits or vegetables.
- The uniform shape of the sliced vegetables or fruit makes you look like a professional
- Safely and easily switch the inserts to achieve the perfect slice, julienne, shred or cube cut
- Unit rests easily in palm of hand when in use
- Set includes: Mandoline slicer, Multi-function bowl with lid for safe, compact storage, 1 thick/thin slicing insert, 2 blade inserts (7 and 3.5 mm / 0.3" and 0.14") safety holder, instruction manual
Review this product
Top reviews from Australia
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Swissmar Borner V slicer helps alot, especially with salads. Look up the American Kitchens review on YouTube for the details.
In summary is you can get french fries, julienne carrots, make slaws, dice onions, get zucchini ribbons, etc in seconds. The base is sturdy, change out blades is quick and its very safe to use with the handle provided.
You do need to apply some pressure and speed with harder vegetables, but I quickly got the hang of it. Like any sharp steel blades, unfortunately the diswasher is out of the question. Using a dishwashing brush is ideal for longevity.
From my homework, this is still the best mandoline on the market, very sturdy, and everyone should have one in their kitchen.
Top reviews from other countries
BUT: Apart from the fact that the white plastic will be easily stained by carrots, beets etc. (which doesn't bother me) the only other limitation is the 2 slicer thicknesses and the 2 julienne slicer sizes - hence 4 stars overall.
Hence 4 stars overall.
Thinly sliced and chopped Onions (using fine shredder) for curries or Cucumber (Thick shredder) for salads. It's matter of minutes when the qty is more.
1) Cleaning. Washing near the blades
2) Storing. Figure how to store the attachments with vertical blades (3.5 and 7 mm inserts for shredding). Wri=ong move and the sharp edges loos the job.